Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

IT'S NOT THAT SLOW!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might seem slow because there's a whole lot of nothing in between the islands you can visit. I actually started in one corner of the map and sailed directly to the opposite corner, and even with the Champion Orb equipped it took about 20-25 minutes. Yeah, that seems like a lot, but imagine walking from Tenzan Pass to Crom in Suikoden II.

There's just a disappointing lack of scenery involved in the sea travel, so it seems like it goes on forever. For-ev-er. They really needed to have more destinations to travel to, even if all that was on the island was a turtle, or a secret boss, or the flight of passengers from "Lost", ANYTHING!

I think I would have been able to bear the tedious travelling of the game, R1 or no, if there was just more to do than just go straight for the next half hour.

Kobold wrote:
I fell asleep while playing S4 like... Many many times... Anyone willing to take a stab why?

I fell asleep more playing Suikoden 3 than 4. It was the soothing music of the Amur Plains, I think.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blinking Mirror = solves most problems.
I didn't mind the ship thing so bad, it made training sort of fun to me.

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aisuru wrote:
Blinking Mirror = solves most problems.

It also causes recruitment problems. A lot of people get so used to using it that they don't realize that you have to leave the town and go back by sailing in order to recruit some people like Warlock or Eugene.

It would have been more fun if the enemies at sea got stronger with time. I'm tired of fighting those manta ray thingies outside Nay and the blue chocobo-like birds outside Middleport.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The type of ship you have also determines your speed.

The first ship that Obel gives you when you are rescued is faster than the ship you use as your headquarters. It makes sense that a smaller ship would go faster than a giant ship loaded down with rune cannons and people...but from a gameplay perspective your transportation should not get slower as the game progresses. It should always get faster.

And the Ocean Runes you use to upgrade your ships' stats are worthless. You don't need to upgrade the stats of your ships, especially since every war battle is easy. How about using the Ocean Runes to propel your ship faster? The more you get, the faster you go perhaps?

Or how about giving those two extra sail patterns some kind of added effect? First off, only two extra sails is kind of cheap. Why did they even bother adding in the option of changing sail colors if your choices are white, orange, and black? And why don't the sails have our navy's emblem on them? Secondly they didn't do anything gameplay wise. How about having the sails upgrade sailing speed or lower encounter rates or something?

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: