Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

IT'S NOT THAT SLOW!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there are a lot of things that Suikoden IV missed. The staff probably confused "variety" from "frequency" of monsters. Still, you gotta love the unlimited Power and Speed Rings, the Equipment sets and potch exceeding 6 digits.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew from the beginning and used it from the first sail, the first person view in walking helped me figure it out and I started pressing the shoulder buttons to see if the view changes, I found the first person view by experimenting I think, by the way I actually played most of the game in first person to avoid the ridiculous running of the Hero, plus it makes you more immersed if you get my drift. :wink:
gumibearcarnage7

Deadly Viper Assasination Squad

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Potch exceedes 6 digits?! I've never had it exceed 5...*makes note*

~*Chris*~
You know I may never have liked you...hm, point in fact I DESPISE you...but that shouldn't suggest...that I don't respect you. Dieing in our sleep, is a luxury...that our kind is rarely afforded...my gift...to you...

-Elle Driver, Kill Bill Vol. I
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gumibearcarnage7 wrote:
Potch exceedes 6 digits?! I've never had it exceed 5...*makes note*

~*Chris*~

Yup. I recall having 5,000,000 potch, only to have it evaporated down to zero since a lot of characters join with Level 1 weapons and crappy equipment... :roll:
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gumibearcarnage7 wrote:
*laugh*, trust me, it is without this little button.

I actually thought that game went quite fast. Well with the R1 button of course.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, isn't it really annoying that most of the recruitable characters have level 1 weapons and really cheap equipment. I guess they could have done this to show the dfferent graphics for the weapons, but it really is a gigantic waste of money that you worked hard to get.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I believe it was to show how the different weapons look in their different models and appearances. In my opinion, we didn't need to see ALL the models of the weapons. I don't know, but I think they were so excited about the new features of the game that they neglected other things like umm... efficient party members. The only SoD that came with decent equipment was Ted. You had to spend some hard-earned cash to make new recruits at least semi-decent in battle.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't realize the whole R1 speed thing for the ship until about half way through the game. I knew about it early on for the hero to run around town, but i wish i had experimented with it more to help me out on the sea. Being able to travel twice as fast definitely would have helped.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if they wanted to show off the weapons system, they could have just shown the weapon's picture with or without the character, and let you turn it and whatever to check it out. this is a PS2 they are working with... what would also help is if you can access your entire list of fighting SoDs for equipment, shops, weaponsmith, etc without having to physically change parties. talk about inefficient..
gumibearcarnage7

Deadly Viper Assasination Squad

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the weapons were not that interesting. A very SMALL upgrade from Suikoden 3, but at least we didn't fight in groups. Still, the fact that all the weapon really did was change color for most of them (except I think Lino En Kuldes's weapon changed entirely) it wasn't that cool at all.

~*Chris*~
You know I may never have liked you...hm, point in fact I DESPISE you...but that shouldn't suggest...that I don't respect you. Dieing in our sleep, is a luxury...that our kind is rarely afforded...my gift...to you...

-Elle Driver, Kill Bill Vol. I
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KFCrispy wrote:
if they wanted to show off the weapons system, they could have just shown the weapon's picture with or without the character, and let you turn it and whatever to check it out. this is a PS2 they are working with...

That's a good idea. The model of the weapon should have been shown either in the character's status screen or in the smithy while upgrading it, or both, so that people will really have more time to see it's coolness. Somehow, showing it in battle was not enough for me.

KFCrispy wrote:
what would also help is if you can access your entire list of fighting SoDs for equipment, shops, weaponsmith, etc without having to physically change parties. talk about inefficient..

It was really frustrateing that they took out that feature!!! It was a huge waste of time going up and down the ship when upgrading down the weapons and armor of several characters. It felt like forever even more, if you take into account their crappy equipment and level 1 weapons.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It was really frustrateing that they took out that feature!!! It was a huge waste of time going up and down the ship when upgrading down the weapons and armor of several characters. It felt like forever even more, if you take into account their crappy equipment and level 1 weapons.

On the bright side that was the only inconvenient thing in Suikoden IV in my opinion.

Everything else was done more continently than ever, I'm still wondering why they dropped that perhaps it had something to do with RAM?

I can't find any logical explanation other than the above why dropping something like that, well you could say they forgot about it.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It was a huge waste of time going up and down the ship when upgrading down the weapons and armor of several characters. It felt like forever even more, if you take into account their crappy equipment and level 1 weapons.

Well, you don't need to upgrade everyone's armor. You actually need to upgrade 8 people's, 4 for Elenor's Team and 4 for Hero4's Team. Just unequip everyone else's armor and equipment and put it on your team members. You can save some substantial about of money, since you won't have to buy those Platinum/Diamond armor and such for everyone. :mrgreen:

BUt this of course has a downside. You will have to put everyone else on your team and unequip them! So you'll be going back and forth with Desmond/Agnes/Louise changing members and such.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Quote:
It was a huge waste of time going up and down the ship when upgrading down the weapons and armor of several characters. It felt like forever even more, if you take into account their crappy equipment and level 1 weapons.

Well, you don't need to upgrade everyone's armor. You actually need to upgrade 8 people's, 4 for Elenor's Team and 4 for Hero4's Team.

It's not so much about needing to, but rather about wanting to. You know how us obsessive crazies can be in achieving "the perfect game", and for me, that can not be achieved without leveling up to 99, and having weapons at level 16. I've pretty much dismissed getting the best armor and runes for everyone since that would require an immense amount of work, what with the delays of the lack of roster access in upgrading. But I think it's easier to level up everyone at Level 99 in this game as compared to Suikoden II, because for the latter, you have to take them to L'Renouille one by one, but in this game, you can boost three of them at a time in the Reinhold's Training Room.

I never had the best equipment for Elenor's team, which was Ted, Maxine, Jeane and Wendel. Man, how fun was that. :lol:
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still thought it was slow even with R1... Sure it's better, but still slow... Of course, i was one of those idiots who didn't notice the R1 until sometime into the game, and i tell you... I fell asleep while playing S4 like... Many many times... Anyone willing to take a stab why?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: