Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

IT'S NOT THAT SLOW!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gumibearcarnage7

Deadly Viper Assasination Squad

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: IT'S NOT THAT SLOW!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if I'm the ONLY person who noticed this, but everyone is complaining about how SLOW map movement on vessels are in Suikoden IV. If you hold R1 the entire time, THE SHIP MOVES FASTER! I mean, ALOT faster! Instead of it taking 5 minutes to get from Razril to Middleport, it takes about 2. And you know that trip from Obel to the Nest of Pirates? Yeah, REALLY fast!

Sorry, it just needed to be said, because movement in this game is NOT an issue!

Amount of random encounters? That's a different story.

~*Chris*~
You know I may never have liked you...hm, point in fact I DESPISE you...but that shouldn't suggest...that I don't respect you. Dieing in our sleep, is a luxury...that our kind is rarely afforded...my gift...to you...

-Elle Driver, Kill Bill Vol. I
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the tip gumibear . I was telling people that on Suikosource one time , but alot of people might not realise you can do it . I don't even think that you need Cedric to be recruited for this to work . It works in the same way as the Hero 4's sprint .
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. That's so cool. I didn't know that. Well... actually I do, but I'm really surprised that a lot of people don't discover this.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps people were complaining that in the beginning, but in time they would realize about the R1 function. I know that i didn't figure that out until i was halfway through the game. :oops: It really helps in the beginning, when going to Middleport. Instead of talking me 10 minutes, it only takes 5, still hindered by random enemy encounters.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gumibearcarnage7

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly! I mean, I didn't even realize it until the second time I played the game (well, I didn't even realize the Hero could SPRINT until the second time.) While I was just sailing, I lost patience, and started pressing buttons and voila! And no, you don't need Cedric in your party for this to work. You can do it right from the start of the game! Great huh?

~*Chris*~
You know I may never have liked you...hm, point in fact I DESPISE you...but that shouldn't suggest...that I don't respect you. Dieing in our sleep, is a luxury...that our kind is rarely afforded...my gift...to you...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew that. The random encounters are the worst. They are so dang frequent. Oh well. Nothing much you can do.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gumibearcarnage7 wrote:
(well, I didn't even realize the Hero could SPRINT until the second time.)

Well, Hero4's sprinting at the very beginning, when he was still wearing those brown pants in armor, was not that good. But as you go further into the game, he seems to sprint faster. It seems that way to me, anyways.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually discovered it the moment I got out of Razril the first time. I'm glad I didn't have the same problem you guys did. Good thing I'm a "check what kind of stuff the buttons do at the start of the game" kind of guy.

Starslasher wrote:
gumibearcarnage7 wrote:
(well, I didn't even realize the Hero could SPRINT until the second time.)

Well, Hero4's sprinting at the very beginning, when he was still wearing those brown pants in armor, was not that good. But as you go further into the game, he seems to sprint faster. It seems that way to me, anyways.

It's the "Cedric factor". :wink:
gumibearcarnage7

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, maybe because that armor was SO DAMN UGLY he couldn't run in it (lol yes I know that makes no sense, but get over it) It really seems that Suikoden should have a Fab 5 Stars of Destiny so that the horrible story known as "The Gaien Knights in Capris" won't arise again. Them shorts were hideous...

But seriously, that COULD be true...but I haven't noticed, and I'm not about to go check. Half because that would be dumb...and half because...well, I'm busy with everything else in my life.

God those uniforms are hideous. Can we get a Carson up in here?!

~*Chris*~

gumibearcarnage7

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, I thought that Cedric just increased the speed of all of your fighting members during battle...is this like the True Holy Rune with Stallion in Suikoden I??

~*Chris*~

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the same thing as with Stallion. Yes.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Cedric does have the True Holy Rune, so yeah. You don't even have to put him in your party to be able to sprint in the field (not the world map), and some people have said he's an automatic recruit too, so everyone has a chance to experience the weird sprinting of Konami.

gumibearcarnage7 wrote:
It really seems that Suikoden should have a Fab 5 Stars of Destiny

Pecola was a start, but someone REALLY has to take charge of the fashion.
gumibearcarnage7

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pecola was just ONE star of destiny. Lol, but yes, DEFINITELY a start. It would be great if you could overhaul the ENTIRE fortress, instead of just a room nobody's gonna use anyway...

Besides, I don't really think Pecola swung that way. But hey, these days, you can just never tell! :wink:

~*Chris*~

Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never knew about the R1 thing until about halfway through my first playthrough of the game. The trips were terrible, I thought I had to use the wind to move myself around :) . It was going to be a long game without the R1 button.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gumibearcarnage7

144198 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol, trust me, it is without this little button. Plus, what is up with the random encounter frequency?? AND am I the only one to notice that the diversity of monsters wasn't so hot either? At the end of the game, I was fighting things that I was fighting in the beginning of the game! THAT sucks...

~*Chris*~

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: