Suikoden United and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Expansion on Vampires
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Expansion on Vampires Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden should expand on vampires. Instead they just keep adding onto the species like ducks and lizards and now a ripoff of kobolds with cat people. They should just expand of the races that they already have and develope some character history with them.

Alright I know that in the first 2 suikodens it was kill Neclord and kill Neclord again. However, they never really went in depth with the storys behind the vampires. For example Sierra founded the village of the Blue Moon and Neclord stole the Blue Moon Rune from the village alter. This is why Sierra was chasing after Neclord in the first place. You wouldn't know that just by playing the games. You have to read the timelines to know such things.

Another reason why Suikoden should expand the story on vampires is because the Suikoden world started with the birth of Sierra Milkian which eventually became the first vampire. The timelines started to revolve around vampires but they never really made it into the games.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you Konami should tell us more about the story of vampires, but I would not care less since every living vampire is dead or chased by Sierra.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i really wish sierra would stop killing them all. It was her fault to begin with that they came to be. It would make things a lot more interesting if they were still around.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should have Suikoden V just be a vampires vs. ninjas war.

Although in all seriousness, vampires are cool and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

And just a note, the Suikoden world didn't really start with Sierra, that's just the first part of history that has been mentioned in Konami publications as of yet.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's interesting if they did explain more about the birth of the Blue Moon Village. Though in the suikogaiden it seemed like such a romantic thing. Sierra meats Rean, they make Blue Moon Village and they live in forever happiness in a little forest.

It's not really Sierra's fault. Such as when she first met Rean, he wanted to live despite his injuries. And Sierra granted it to him so he could seek revenge.
I'm not sure after Suikoden 2 what Sierra does with the remaining vampires, whether it is to gather them again so they won't attack humans with her rune back. Suikogaiden she had to kill Rean only because she did not have the rune back yet and he had already attacked people. (and even made Ayana).
So Sierra feels that it is her duty to prevent the humans from being attacked. However there were the loyal followers of her that had decided to die out rather than attack humans.

And maybe they could finally tell us that Nash's wife is Sierra. I'm sick of saying "allegedly" :\

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I like the idea of expanding on vampires, I am not sure at all how we could expand the vampires even more. The first problem for me is that vampires (or so far, Neclord) would always be related to either Star Dragon Sword (Night Rune) or Sierra (as the Coven Mistress who would hunt and kill them). That would make things repetitive and boring IMO. Unless Konami wouldn't mind going back against what they said that is.

Then the second problem for me is that humans can't seem to really hurt/kill vampires unless they are special people like the Marley family (who hunts vampires for a living) or probably other characters with True Rune perhaps. If vampires were to be in the game as villains, it would yet again be a repetition of "Recruit vampire hunters and kill vampire".

The only thing that would be interesting for me is to have a vampire as SoDs. That way they'd be fighting along side us and probably we'd find Sierra/SDS on the opponent's side instead. But I honestly doubt that it'd happen.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah your right about the beginning of the suikoden history KoRnholio.

I havn't played the Suikogaiden series, due in large that I can't speak or read Japanese. I didn't know that they romanticized anything with the vampires. I was under the impression that Sierra played a small role in the first Suikogaiden seeming the story is mainly about Nash.

I guess it is Sierra's responsibility to round up all the stray vampires and prevent them from hurting the humans. It would also be hard to come up with a plot for them without repeating what has already been done. The only real way I could see anything happening is if Konami kept going back in time or if there was a vampire on some type of quest.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not completely romantic, I only just meant that it seemed so romantic to me :x

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh well thats cool. I've been thinking of downloading a walkthrough and just reading it to get a better idea of the game.

I mean the suikogaidens are basically just a game where you read and make a choice anyway right? So reading a walkthrough is like playing the game without the pictures :mrgreen:

If it is romantic that just explained to me why everybody thinks Sierra is Nash's mistress. Thank you Aisuru for clearing that up for me.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a summary of Suikogaiden vol.1 and vol.2 in Suikosource. You might just want to read them to save time. And they have pictures too (or at least I think they do, not sure).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to mention about something ManInBlack390 said at the beginning. You actually DO know that Sierra is after Neclord because he stole the Blue moon rune just by playing S2. She says that herself... We only do not know about Rean fiasca via S2 alone.

Also, there're probably lots of renegade vampires out there... The novels have got a few mentioned i believe...

Also, i always thought Viktor shouldn't give up the SD sword, but instead becomea a vampire hunter. Muahahahaha!! That would be nice...
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that you can deduct that Neclord stole the Blue Moon Rune just from playing Suikoden 2, but you can't know how he stole it and what the effects of his actions were just by playing the game.

I looked at Suikosource last night actually and thought that it was to brief myself. Thanks anyway though Bugg.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also think that they should add more about the vampires into the Suikoden games. Most of we the info we know doesn't go into very much detail about it.

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Viktor can't stand the sword, he left him to Edge cause he wanted to get rid of him as soon as possible :x. And he only killed Necky cause he destroyed his hometown. I think nomadic mercenary suits better :x

Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that more background on the vampires would be great and there are other societies that use some more depth on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: