Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Leknaat's role in Suikoden IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe this is also because Suikoden 3 was about the side of "order" having the start if destiny, instead of the "chaos" side. Leknaat's whole role is to bring balance to the world, which is slowly tipping towards order. That's why she helps Tir, that's why she helps Riou, that's why she helps Lazlo, and that's why she helps Frajadour. All of these four fought to end the status-quo and against forces who wished to create (or maintain) greater order.

Suikoden 3 was different because the protagonists were fighting against a chaotic force trying to destabilize the region. However, the side of chaos did not have a Tenkai. Instead, the Tenkai was with the side or order, and managed to maintain the status quo. Leknaat would have no interest helping Thomas or Chris or whatever because it doesn't benefit her goal. But also she knows that without Luc having the aid of the stars of destiny, he can't possibly alter the course of fate.

...that's what I imagine, at least.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was under the impression that Leknaat stayed out of the Suikoden 3 story because Luc had grown too strong for her to control anymore, and also because of her motherly feelings toward him. I think she felt that he should determine own his fate (without her intervention).

That said, Leknaat has always been the one to give the Tablet of Stars to the Tenkai star. In Suikoden 3, the tablet just magically appears about 2/3 of the way into the game. I've always wondered where it came from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: