Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Leknaat's role in Suikoden IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well, I don't know if it's thanks to the grafics, but Leknaat didn't seem as physical of before, like she was just a projection, instead of really being there (maybe that's why she only appeared before the True Rune bearers?) and not the whole army like in the first two (in which she wasn't as transparent and glowy as well).

Yeah she was definitly more transparent in Suiko4 than in the past Suikodens. I might be wrong but maybe Leknaat was still in Scarlet Moon while the Island Nations War was going on and she was observing it. Unless it's been confirmed that she was somewhere else during Suiko4's timeline.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think she was on Magican's Island in the timeline of Suikoden 4.
She maybe kinda beamed a projection of herself to the Island Nations.
After the destruction of her clan she had hidden herself on that island and i think that's why Luc is guarding the island at the beginning of suiko1.. i know he also waited for tir & co..
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haven't read all of the posts so I'll just put up my theory. So if it concord it's just coincidence.

Leknaat is one hell of a mystery for all Suikoden parts.
My theory is that she's gaining some use from true Rune bearers cause every time she appears it has something to do with true rune, directly or indirectlly.

What's the nature of that 'use' is still unfammilliar, and it'll probably stay that way till last suikoden comes out.
Idk about her appearance in V but i suposse that it doesn't show too much of her 'true' nature [ please don't make spoillers I haven't played the game yet :P ].

I think that she's like Hikusaak, but making her way through with different methods (me and my frien once came up with a theory that she could be hikusaak... maby doesn't make much sense, but who knows, it's suikoden after all.. and we know what kind of plot twists we have in Suikoden games 8-) )
.... all we know about het methods 4 now is that she 'controls' heroes in indirect way, and somehow keeps good relations with True Rune bearers [i was having a drink with her just recently :*laugh*: ..jk].... only in III she stood out big time, but i think that's because of Luc... nothing else, she somehow knew that he won't succeed.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bright Shield Rune bearer wrote:

My theory is that she's gaining some use from true Rune bearers cause every time she appears it has something to do with true rune, directly or indirectlly.

No, Leknaat's Role is the Keeper of Balance in the Suikoden World.
That means that she is the one who is observing the true-rune bearers and their destiny and the gathering of the 108 stars of destiny.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And who gave her this role exactly? Just because she says thats her job don't make it so. It's like when that nice stranger says he's a friend of your Daddy, if you get what im saying.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know, but why should anybody give it to her?
She decided it.. And Leknaat does not look like the person who does the evil things...

Why should she then revive Gremio? What should she gain from that?
Whey should she help Hero 4?

She was on escape since her clan and her vilalge was been destroyed by harmonia... when she would be evil she would collect the true runes or something like that and would strike back at harmonia...but she supports the true rune bearers and protects them..so imho "the leknaat maybe a villain role" is kinda curious...
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat's role in Suikoden 4 was more like a "Hi!-Bye!" thing like "Hey, you got all 108 stars, Jerry, nice job there, see ya." Whatever I named the Hero of 4... he looked like a dweeb anyway.

They probably put Leknaat in there as a treat to fans of the series, whereas Suikoden noobs would be all like who is this chick with the closed eyes?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the whole Fog/Ghost Ship subplot which would appear to be a pivotal point in the series even if we don't know it yet kind of torpedos the "Cameo for the fanboys" theory.

I mean even in Suikoden V, a lot of the excitment for people is because it's "Omg Falena!", "Omg Georg Prime!", "Omg Killey!", "Omg Lorelai!". For a non-fan getting into the series, it's just not as exciting.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actuaaly I didn't agree that Leknaat's role is only a mere cheerleader....she even doesn't have her own pompom ...... hahahaha

By the way this is my prespective...

She has the same role in every Suikoden we played and not ...., to see that all True Rune didn't fall in the wrong hand. Remember she iss the victim of the "evil" Hikusak plan to control all True Rune. It just that simple. That's why she alwayas subjected as "Keeper of The Balance", because if the True Rune arise in SuikoWorld then it means the new war will get started and She has her own personal burden to stop that so that it would ended up like her village.....

in Suikoden 1 we see conflict between she and Windy that come from same village. Instead use the good way, Windy ended to gather all True Rune to get revenge on Hiskusak ( i assumed that ).

in Suikoden 2, she already know that Harmonia will get involved to the war and will grab the Rune of Beginning from Riou and Jowy. And as we know she had seen the bad ass Hikusak wreck her village

in Suikoden 3 she can't do anything because the power of True Wind Rune prisoned her...! We all know that .... okay Leknaat is not that strong ! Luc did that because he know Leknaat is SMART and can persuade people.

in Suikoden 4 , she has the same role but she cannot involved in the war so much because she is a Stranger in Island Nation rather than Scarlet Moon in Suikoden 1 era !

So her just as simple as her appeareance, to keep True Rune not fall into false hand and the guide The New True Rune bearer because as we already know the Temptation of The True Rune is very big even we the only player can't resist to play more and more Suikoden.... hehehehehhe
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that she was projecting herself . I even saw screenshot once where u can see floor through her chest (loL) it could be bad screenshot, but seriously, I think that she was projecting her image through Lazlo's head. no1 else saw her except him.

I still don't know about SV but i supose that she's having a projection premier again ('Leknaat in Falena' check it out, this time she weares white!).

Anyways maby she has problems with distance. The more far is the land she needs to project herself in, more hard is to stay in one place... or not.

Who knows maby she's just lazy to teleport herself back and forth, she's a woman living alone she needs to clean and cook that nasty fort of hers.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the sound of cooked fort. :P
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Leknaat's role in Suikoden IV was to see what actions the Hero was going to take with regards of the Rune Of Punishment. She probably wanted to see if he was not only worthy of bearing the rune, but to also test his moral values of forgiving people (Snowe) who may have done wrong to him in the past. She is also in the game to try and keep balance and restore order to the true runes that appear in the game.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I mean even in Suikoden V, a lot of the excitment for people is because it's "Omg Falena!", "Omg Georg Prime!", "Omg Killey!", "Omg Lorelai!". For a non-fan getting into the series, it's just not as exciting.

True, but Konami is just feeding the cult fan community that Suikoden has, it needs to get a good balance of elements for the old fans getting to see recurring characters and things like that while just being a good solid RPG that anyone can pick up, understand and enjoy.

I think that Leknaat plays a bigger part in each game depending on how much she thinks she is needed. Perhaps in Suikoden IV for some reason she felt more at ease that Laslow and company would prevail? Like Suikoden III it seemed she couldn't bring herself to fight against Luc and The Destroyers because of personal reasons. Considering a lot of the game actually ends up being about Laslow and Snowe's relationship (if the game is played "perfectly") then Leknaat isn't really as required?
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think that Leknaat plays a bigger part in each game depending on how much she thinks she is needed. Perhaps in Suikoden IV for some reason she felt more at ease that Laslow and company would prevail? Like Suikoden III it seemed she couldn't bring herself to fight against Luc and The Destroyers because of personal reasons. Considering a lot of the game actually ends up being about Laslow and Snowe's relationship (if the game is played "perfectly") then Leknaat isn't really as required?

I agree on that, since it seems it doesn't really need an already gamed event for her to appear, or rather a star of destiny involved event if you take the Suiko 3 manga into consideration. (If I'm not mistaken she appears before the first Flame Champion there.)

Then again, if she appeared in the first Fire Bringer war, why not the second? And even though Luc was there, I doubt she'd put personal reasons before duty, taking herself as Executor of Balance and all. Maybe she considers the first and second Fire Bringer war to be one event?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tendou Souji wrote:
Then again, if she appeared in the first Fire Bringer war, why not the second? And even though Luc was there, I doubt she'd put personal reasons before duty, taking herself as Executor of Balance and all. Maybe she considers the first and second Fire Bringer war to be one event?

I think she did put personal reasons before getting involved, Luc was like a son to her and Leknaat knew he'd be stopped in his quest and that it was futile in the end anyway (she said this at the beginning) and was mainly sad to see Luc try to fight destiny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: