Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Richard Pryor dies at 65 RIP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Richard Pryor dies at 65 RIP Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Richard Pryor, the caustic yet perceptive actor-comedian who lived dangerously close to the edge both on stage and off, died Saturday. He was 65.

Pryor died shortly before 8 a.m. of a heart attack after being taken to a hospital from his home in the San Fernando Valley, said his business manager, Karen Finch. He had been ill for years with multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system.

I don't really know what to say. I was talking about him with a few friends last night. I never would have thought....Well, he was a funny man.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's sad. I love Richard Pryor, he is one of my favorite comedians and he shares my brithday. RIP Richard.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. For some reason I thought he was already dead a long time ago. He was a very funny comedian.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was sick with a terminal disease for a few years before he died and at one time he lit himself on fire, so thinking he was dead isn't too out of the question.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved Richard Pryor and all his hillarious movies. His style was unique to him and opened the way for african american comedians. He and Gene Wilder made a hillarious team on the screen. Movies like Silver Streak, Stir Crazy and Hear no evil, See no evil were classics. One of his most famous on screen appearances was in Superman III. He alone made that movie a wonderful experience.

I too made the mistake of thinking he was dead and its no wonder with the amount of problems he went through. He had a near death experience from an addiction to Cocaine. He also was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis which degenerated his body quickly. This is where I assumed he was dead years ago, however a resurgence of his comedy acts on Comedy Central leading to a toast to his contributions to the comedy world proved my suspicions wrong. He attended a banquet held in his honor where such comedians as Eddie Murphy, Bernie Mac, Cedric the Entertainer and Ray Romano (I think it was Ray) soke grateful words about Pryor. He was too frail to get up and say anything but you could see he appreciated the whole thing. I'm glad he got to see his appreciation before he passed on.

I hope now he rests in heaven looking down and seeing the number of people who will miss his presence here. Although his comedy routine ended long ago, we still see lasting effects of his style in many comedians today. Between he and Bill Cosby, the african American comedy culture exploded. Nobody did as much for comedy as Richar Pryor in the seventies. Only SNL made people laugh more. I will always hold Richard Pryor in my heart as a great actor, a wonderful comedian but more than that, a man who paved the way to change the face of modern comedy. Richard Pryor, you will be sorely missed. May you, Belushi, Farley, Radner, Dangerfield, Hope, Berle and Hartman laugh it up. A sad list there. All wonderful comedians.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Richard Pryor. He was a great comedian, and always made me laugh. He had alot of great movies out to that I like. But this is very sad and I am not sure what to say, but thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will always be remembered as one of the greatest comedians of all time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't belive that, hes one of my all time favorite comidians. I was not to long ago watching an edtorial on him, on comedy central. It's crazying to think how many young comidians he has inspried. Whoopie Goldberg even ADMITED to copying some of his acts. He's a lengend, and it's I hope where ever he is, he is in peace.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude. A little late to give your condolences.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: