Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Love Hina

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Love Hina Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not normally an Animé fan but my friend lent me some DVDs of Love hina and told me to watch them. So I have watched the first 12 episodes and I can say I do enloy this virtually plotless show. Aside from Keitaro being the manager of these weird chick's dorm it has a very loose plot. Keitaro is looking for a girl who he made a promise to when he was a young boy. He doesn't know her name but he promised they'd go to Tokyo U. together.

The rest of the cast is the girls he manages. There is Kitune, the southern sounding girl, Motoko, the ninja girl, Shinobu, the young cook girl, Naru, the bookworm girl and Su, the freaky toy riding turtle talking jumpy girl who's really like 14. Occasionally you see Keitaro's Aunt *gets punched* er.... just Haruka. Sometimes you also see Kentaro, a guy who is trying to swoon Naru into falling for him but never works. The girls have a pet turtle, Tama, that speaks to Kaolla Su and can fly.

Thats just a quick intro for those who haven't seen the series. For those who have, who are your favorite characters? what was your favorite episodes? What aspects of the show did you like? What did you not care for?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
daoster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate the anime. The characters all look funny, and they go thru things a bit (as well as skip a bit of the stories). The point where the anime decided to end wasn't a good choice either.

If you like the anime, then I chances are you'll love the manga, so get the manga.

The Christmas Special however, is a great episode.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched/read this anime amidst a bunch of action and adventure stuff that my friend bombarded me with. It was a good change of pace. Still, though, I really liked the series and since it was the same artist, Love Hina was also the reason why I picked up Negima soon after.

I like Akamatsu's art style, but I like the anime art better than the manga. They seem more realistic to me in their anime versions rather than their manga counterparts. Art is the big thing with me for this series. I was given a few art books of the series for my birthday and other occasions because of my favoritism.

Naru is my favorite character. There are too many reasons to state why, but overall, I found her very pleasant and enthusiastic. She's aggressive, but some would call that spunk. For someone with that type of personality, she's sure pleasing on the eyes. And let's face it, part of Akamatsu's work relies on pretty ladies and ensuing Fanservice

Still the other ladies compliment each other very well and fit nicely with Keitaro's overall personality. Shinobu's acts like that shy girl most of us have had in class, some time or another. The others are just as filling.

Speaking of Keitaro, most guys probably couldn't even dream of that guy's situation, but that made it more amusing. I can't really decide for myself whether he's super lucky or not. He has awesome roommates, but he's usually beat up by them. Ehh, you decide.

The Christmas episode was indeed nice, but the revelation of the girl's identity and wedding itself was what fans were waiting for. The end episodes were meaningful because it was meant to tie all the lose ends.

The series isn't for everyone, especially if you hate those romantic anime's, but it's far from those sappy novels sold in bookstores. This is as close as it gets to a Romantic story for boys and girls; it's a happy medium. (A step further in the guys' direction would probably be Ai Yori Aoshi.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: