Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

soul caliber 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patton wrote:
anyone know where I can see screenshots and stuff of that sort?

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/736/736896/imgs_1.html

Best character design ever:

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
There are...lots of King of Fighters still coming out.

And KOF had a 3d game called Maximum Impact..

As a KOF Fan, i know about Maximuim Impact. Hence my statement about them going 3D. But i read that there's not going to be a KOF '04, but they will continue the franchise into 3D. If they do, i hope that they create the teams, since that's what primarily makes KOF the KOF we all know. KOF: MI lacked that.

Mitchell wrote:
Go to www.google.com and do a web search for Soul Calibur II. The game's website should be the first one you see.

Well, i did that, and there weren't that many pics to see. Well, i did that a few months ago, so there should be more out, i guess.

EDIT: *sees himuro's pics* Waahh!!?? What in the world is that character?! :shock:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the heck is that giant bird!? Is it... Harvey Birdman, Attorney of Law...?
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's an owl it appears! orly? YARLY!

Quote:
As a KOF Fan, i know about Maximuim Impact. Hence my statement about them going 3D. But i read that there's not going to be a KOF '04, but they will continue the franchise into 3D. If they do, i hope that they create the teams, since that's what primarily makes KOF the KOF we all know. KOF: MI lacked that.

There's no KOF04 but there is a new KOF coming out. THere was a new 2d KOF called KOF: Neowave. There's also a KOFXI which is basically KOF 04.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the buck?
Why did they make an OWL? Why not a falcon/hawk/eagle/ whatever? Owl is definetly a bad idea. :|
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because owl's are awesome!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, owls are cute. ^_^

This guy looks like he's trying to be on par with Tizoc from Garou, or King from Tekken.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the story of Olcadan is he mastered every fighting style and every weapon type while a normal man and he could beat every other mortal. So he challenged the God's, lost and was cursed with that horrible socially tragic form we see now. So he went into seclusion and upon feeling that there was a challenge in the world he emerged and began to seek new competition. There you have it. My guess is that it was a Celtic culture based on that notework design on his loin cloth design and that white owls are a Celtic thing, as well as other animals. Generally animals were a prevalent symbol. Also he has the arm bands which look Celtic.

So Seigfried killed Nightmare in the close of Soul Calibur 3, something like a pure voice cut through the darkness type deal. This seperated him from Soul Edge so he regained his human form. But the evil was so strong that Nightmare, the Azure Night, was givin life again by the Soul Edge and became a human less monster tool of Soul Edge. I think it lives off souls. The new character Tira is a slave to Nightmare, Zasalamel is the shady character thats from an ancient cult devoted to fighting against the evil blade.

Zasalamel is the sole survivor. He constantly reincarnates so he's really the product of an ancient people and he knows much of magic and the like. I think his archetype puts him as the character that is strong and set in his ways. Stubborn sort of and he see's only the darkest way to completing his righteous task. Like he would be the guy to choose to kill all those infected to save everyone else from the Anonymous Plague.

The other new character, Setsuka, has her story intertwined with Mitsurugi. I don't think her role in the Soul Edge storyline will be too major, but I think she will prove interesting to use in combat because her style is supposed to be quick draw, japanese samurai style.

Cervantes is back for sure, which is exciting. Sophitia may actually handle differently from Cassandra for a change, which would be o so beautiful. From fighting styles in generally I know that Tira will have a lot of gymnastic influences and I guess will handle like a dancer. Zasalamel is supposed to excel at moving people with his scythe, controlling the space. It's similar to Astaroth but I think it will have more variety and more effective with it's greater emphasis.

Overall, Soul Calibur 3 looks to be a promising game. It releases on the 25th(less than 2 weeks) and I've already invested 20$ at EB Games on it. It's my most highly anticipated game for the entire year. For all the new information on the game I go here. It's supported by the namco site I believe so it's reliable information. For screenshots Gamespy has about 300 different shots. Some aren't that great but there are others that show a little about the new character creation mode. BTW Character creation mode looks like the balls. It maybe the selling point of the game. 10 jobs, I'm guessing 4-5 weapons for each job with move sets, male and female attire lines, it all looks so scrumcelscent.

EDIT: 1-I had to figure out how to apply tags to the urls, which is different thatn you might think. 2-Try to link to the images. Posting images dierectly on the boards is discouraged cuz it slows down the load and it wastes bandwidth?(I think) Anywho, try to host it on photobucket or imagehost or wherever and link to it. They give you the line so it's not really that hard once you have an account. Just a word of advice before the mods tell you what I've heard in the past o so many times.

EDIT2: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/Acheron88/d2dd0467.jpg
That looks really fun! They posted new screenshots on Gamespy, 38 I think. They have more stuff on this big guy and several shots of the new coin collecting aspect of the game. They're fairly large golden tokens with Soul Calibur 3 logo on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool pictures there, Acheron.

Doesn't the game come out tomorrow? Or, rather, today? (EST - it's 12:18)

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O Yeah it comes out today. My copy is pre-paid for and I'll pick it up between 5:00 and 5:30 tomorrow with my teeshirt they hand out too! HuzzaH! Sadly, I have much to do this week afterschool so not as much playing as I had hoped. I can't really start playing til Friday, but Friday shall be my day!

The one thing about this game that I'm really looking forward to most is probably Character Creation. Especially with the weapon thats basically knives on your feet. Hopefully the blade feet will have some of Necrid's kicks from 2, since that was kind of the only thing that was really his and they were pretty damn awesome. O well, the shuriken on a string(?) looks to be cool too. So much time, so little to do, to quote Willy Wonka.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hooray! I <3 this game! One of my created characters is a Pirate! :D

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this game is looking great. I don't have it, but I am definately going to get it sometime or another. I just hope it isn't as much of a button-masher as Soul Caliber 2 was. That kind of turned me off when I could have been beaten by a person who only pressed the same button in rapid motion when I knew all of the movesets, how to do them, etc.

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played it today at the mall and it was pretty awesome. On the create a character there were four types of fighter you can choose and the rest is cosmetics that you unlock as you play. It seems pretty awesome and Nightmare looks kooler than ever :twisted: Everyone else had new outfits as would be expected and they all looked pretty good. It also seemed harder to accidentally fall off the edge than it was in SC II. Overall I'd say it is awesome, I'm gonna get it after my next pay check :D

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, this is just demanding some comical photoshopped imaged of him and the "O RLY?" owls...

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't already been done.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played this game yet, but I did just pick up a used copy of Soul Calibur 2 for only fifteen bucks! Yeaaah!(OK, so I'm only a couple years behind.... :oops: )
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: