Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

soul caliber 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just for a bit of clarification, Soul Blade was the first game, Japanese arcade 3D fighting, released about the same time as Tekken 2. Soul Edge was the UK name for Soul Edge arcade conversion (to PS). And then there was Soul Calibur and Coul Calibur II, which you people should know about already. That would make Soul Calibur III the fifth release.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to clarify, have you confirmed their presense as fighters yet? I'm sure you could probably piece together many older characters(except maybe Necrid). Also, where'd you find this out? I've been using Soularchive.jp for most of my facts. It's got pretty good up to date and validated information. A few producer and director interviews here and there, and general solid information as to what we want to know as a fan. I don't think I've seen anything speculatory which is good when you want to learn about a game.

Yes you are correct in that this is technically the 5th installment. Through a twist of fate, the Soul Edge was split into two parts by Cervantes, his two sword style(Wu Tang Sword Style!!!), and it became Soul Blade and Soul Edge. Therefore, once the one is destroyed, or something (my memory is a bit hazy), by Sophitia and Taki it's up to the other blade to take over, which is where the Soul Calibur titles took over. I think that's about right, but yeah, it's 3 Soul Caliburs that followed Soul Blade and Soul Edge. Makes since, no?

Here's another Confirmed fighter list:
-Maxi
-Talim (Water Wheel Village Stage)
-Yunsung (Shocker: Egypt Stage[? no it's not Zasalamel])
-Seong Mina(New spelling I think)
-Ivy
-Taki
-Zasalamel
-Cassandra (Eurydice Temple)
-Yoshimitsu(Gamespy article said that he played a round demo and was tempted to choose Yoshimitsu but didn't)
-Tira
-Sansuke
-Astaroth
-Seigfried
-Nightmare(Different and seperate)
-Kilik (Edgemaster's Himalayan Temple; Ling Shui[SPL?] Temple Ruins)
-Xianghua (Lotus Pod Stage)
-Raphael
-Mitsurugi (Boat Battle stage)

Quite a mighty list and I may be missing some. I've expressed my feelings prior so no need to now again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The character's I listed are unlocked from the Creat-A-Character story paths. I think.

I saw screens of them on 4chan's v/ channel.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that this game is at the top of my list to buy right now, I just can't wait for the create-a mode, also want to play SSX On tour but that's not on topic

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason I can't imagine playing as Amy or Li Long. I thought Li Long was dead! Amy just doesn't seem like a fighter for some reason. Perhaps the game shall tip my cast of judgement for the lil lady.

This is Soul Calibur 2 question but was I the only one who felt that having Sophitia and Cassandra be that similar was completely unnecesary and was just an inconvenience to have them both there instead of a new cool character? Also, was there anyone out there that liked using Necrid? Anyone at all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally i hated using necrid i dont like his moves thats all.I think having sophita and cassandra WAS neccesary because they rock.Thats my opinion anyway.

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, in my opinion, Necrid was a trashbag, filled with leftover moves from other characters. Figuratively speaking, of course. But my brother loves playing Necrid. He doesn't look that bad. He has the Spawn face. :P

I suppose the difference of Sophitia and Cassandra was plotwise. Cassandra's in the Soul Caluibur 2 plot, and Sophitia was just a cameo for the Sophitia lovers out there. She was the heroine in Sould Edge, after all.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you on why they were in the game, I just thought that it was unnecesary. Though I don't see how they would have Sophitia in without adding her in someway.... O well. There are many characters that are superflous yet stay in the game.

I got so excited this week, thinking that Soul Calibur 3 was coming out the 25th. In fact it does, but my memory was hazy. It's next month on the 25th it drops. I can't wait.

I've seen more screenshots from the game and, man, does character creation keep getting better. There's a fighter with blades on the top of their feet for stronger kicks and the suck. That's ridonkulous. Also I've seen a claymore style sword, a lance(a Japanese style name though so it's probably basically the same thing, yet slightly different), two giant swoop like swords, and various other combinations and staves and such. I was thinking they would be recycling much from former games and gameplay wise, I think yes, but these new custumizable features will definently be a highlight of hte experience for me. I can't wait! If only they produced a patch or rather, made the game online to begin with. That would be ideal.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excuse my double post but they released new information that Sophitia and Cervantes will both be returning in new costumes. I really like Sophitia's new one and Cervantes' is not bad either. I enjoy both of their new looks, though I think fans will be 50-50.

Oracadum is the new charade. I'll come in and edit typos when my mums not staring at me waiting for me to go to bed.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my dear happy goodness!! Seigfried is BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if he's a normal or unlocked character??????

Also, if he's a normal character, how did he separate himself from Nightmare?????

Both seriously favorite characters of mine!!! I love what they did to Nightmare's Soul Edge, that is just awesome! I love how good ol'Requiem is back with Seigfried, again, that's how it should be.

Who's Zasalamel?? Pretty wicked scythe....

Gawd, I had no idea this game was really being made... I thought it was all just rumors... I'm... So... Happy!!
Cowardice cannot survive.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lmfao @ that new SC3 character, the Owl guy. rofl

I'm interested but I'd prefer a new high quality 2d fighter than a slow, boring 3d fighter. 2d forever! *goes back to Guilty Gear X2*
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2D and 3D have their ups and downs. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anymore Samurai Shodowns and King of Fighters. :cry: that, or KOF is turning 3D.

I'll be waiting for SC3 at the meantime...do dee doo....

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are...lots of King of Fighters still coming out.

And KOF had a 3d game called Maximum Impact..
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone know where I can see screenshots and stuff of that sort?
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go to www.google.com and do a web search for Soul Calibur II. The game's website should be the first one you see.
Cowardice cannot survive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: