Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

soul caliber 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The character creation thing looks to be one of the best features I can expect. From what I can tell you can design characters even down to what kind of Eyebrows they have. That's ridiculous and going to be so awesome. That and the weapon and fighting style development well be cool, I 'spect. The game itself looks like the story mode may be really cool. Traditionally the story mode was hard to really get into but this looks like it has aspects of dueling and a slight tinge of RPG which is ideal to me. Also I think it's confirmed that you can also edit costumes of characters in color, not in apparel sadly. I think it's editing like the torso colors, leg colors and maybe hair? We'll have to wait and see.

Is anyone else glad to have one, either Cassandra or Sophitia in this case Sophitia, gone? I mean they did almost the same thing so one needed to be gone. I'm kind of glad that Cassandra stayed because it's sort of like a passing of the torch type thing.

Here's whose in it I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
1- Tira (Uses the razor loop. Probably a dancer type fighter)
2- Sansuke (Uses the umbrella with concealed blade)
3- Zasalamel (Weilds scythe. One eye. Black?)
4- Seigfried Schtauffen (Nightmare pre-monster mode. My personal favorite. Costume 3 from soul calibur 2)
5- Cassandra (Sword and Shield)
6- Raphael (Rapier. Aristocrat. Maybe a "bad guy", aka uses soul calibur for evil?)
7- Talim (Bladed Tonfa's. I thought she wasn't that great but o well, I'm sure someone did)
8- Ivy (Whip blade. Maybe even harder to master. Thats exciting)
9- Mitsurugi (Sword. I want to see more depth to him. Seemed a bit flat in Soul Calibur II)
10- Taki (Ninja. Still in the super tight clothes to the relief of many fans)
11- Kilik (Staff)
12- Voldo (Claws. I've seen him in a bunch of Promo shots so maybe he has a good part in the game)
13- Nightmare (Big sword/Zweihander. Interested in how he and Seigfried ar co-existing seperatly. Should be good.)

Here's whose not confirmed:
Quote:
Sophitia
Aeon Calcos (Lizardman)
Seung Mina
Hwang
Yunsung
Charade
Edgemaster
Xianghua
Maxi
Cervantes
Yoshimitsu
Rock
Seung Han Myong
Li Long (yeah, I know he's dead)
Necrid (not a clone this time)
Link (Gamecube Bonus)
Spawn (Xbox Bonus)
Heihachi Mishima (PS2 Bonus)

Probably Lizard Man will be back. He's like the Viki and Jeane of Soul Calibur. I'm curious about Yoshimitsu. Maybe he'll be in, maybe not. Yunsung was a new character last game and a lead at that. If Rapheal and Talim are in I don't see how Yunsung won't be. Maxi will be there if Astaroth is there and if Kilik's there I wouldn't be surprised if Xianghou is there too. Same with Seung Mina and Yunsung. Sadly we may finally see an end to Cervantes. He was so strong but he seemed a bit out of place in the last game. Thrown in to sate the fans. And Charade will probably not be around either. I could be wrong though, I just think that having a Random button at character select screen and having Charade was a bit superflous. Although the story around him was entertaining and there was a slight difference in the fact that Charade would change after every round and required proficiency of all the players and thus added that bit of spice to his character. Overall though, I think he'll be gone, as well as Necrid and mayhaps even Cervantes.

There you go, just some food-for-thought. Also, I'm avidly looking forward to Soul Calibur III's drop and I can't wait for it to hit arcades.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I found some new information about the game. The character creation is going to be ridiculously indepth. Not only can you change the color of anything they wear, you can change their face and hair (Even down to the type of eyebrows) and change their voice. Your choices in attire decide on what kind of comments they use in game. Darker gloomier sort of things lead your character to become sulky and dark, where as light clothes lead them to be more bouncy and happy.

When designing your character you begin by choosing a sex (Male Female). Than you choose an "occupation". Off the top of my head I remember, Knight, Pirate, Galdiator, Dancer, Saint, Monk, Samurai, Assassin, Ninja(Can't remember if its the same as Assassin or not) and Bandit I think. Each one is important and has pro's and cons. I think that the job you pick limits your choices on which weapon and it's set that you get to choose from. The weapon system will be like Dynasty Warriors creation, I'm guessing, where each weapon has a certain move set and their can be different move sets with basically the same sword(sword 1 was normal, sword 8 let you whip out a bow, like that).

The created cahracter is then used in a story mode. You play the role as a knight in this Empire and build up from there. It's not just fighting folks, O No! Now you have to use strategy in choosing which castles to attack and that sort of thing. Also, the job you pick influences how you can move on the "world map". I remember a Knight has upped defense in combat, but looses speed of 8-way movement.

Over all, I'm completely psyched for this game and think that it will be one of the greatest releases of the year. Personally. realistically, the odds are against it competing with San Andreas and Kingdom Hearts 2 (especially with Auron), but I'm relaly looking forward to it. Spetember 25th, 05! I can't wait.

EDIT: Yunsung, Seung Mina and Xianghua are back in as well. Their character art was over at gamespy I think. Yunsung doesn't look completely as mean as last time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jhones wrote:
And, I retract what I said, To be fair, it's one of the Best 2-D fighters, edging Street Fighter III out by a good Margin.

EX/Gold Boss Dizzy >>>>> Gil.

Dear god, just Gold Boss Ino or Dizzy equals insta-pwnage...damn shame you can't play with Boss mode. Also EX/Gold Sol > Gil. (and damn near everyone else too)

However, addressing the topic at hand, I am greatly looking forward to SC III. The details about character creation look very exciting to me. I'm going to enjoy Siegfried making a return, but I don't like the elimination of Sophitia. I really don't like Cassandra, something about her just irks me. On other characters, I'd like it if Yoshimitsu didn't return. I'm a huge Yoshimitsu fan, but he just doesn't transfer well to the SC engine.

Quote:
7- Talim (Bladed Tonfa's. I thought she wasn't that great but o well, I'm sure someone did)

Talim is a solid character. She is the "Ms. Combo" of SC, as all of her moves are swift and very linkable. (Maxi is "Mr. Combo" of course)

Quote:
10- Taki (Ninja. Still in the super tight clothes to the relief of many fans)

And probably still packing a major cameltoe, to the dismay of many others. ;P Also, she is the loudest ninja I've ever seen (or rather, heard).

Quote:
I could be wrong though, I just think that having a Random button at character select screen and having Charade was a bit superflous.

Not at all. Not only was he a good character for a jack-of-all-trades who wanted either a challange or to mess with one's opponent (ala no verbal 'warnings'), he also made it possible to reduce inflation in Weapon Master mode without raising another's inflation. Also, as a side note, Tekken also has a random slot in addition to Mokujin.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i cant wait it seems like a really good fighting game and the create-a-character bit seems great along with the weapons that you can give to your character.

Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they better bring back maxi. He's my best guy and he's been in every game so he needs to stay....
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other comfirmed characters

Rock, Li Long (who's techanally dead.) and Amy, Raphiel's adopted daughter.

Both her and Raphiel were infected by Soul Edges evil evnergy Raph by being injured by Nightmare, and Amy from tending to his woulds and getting his blood on her. Though they themselves aren't evil, they've more become creactures of the night, like a Suikoden Higher Vampire, they're weak during the day, but powerful at night. Also, apparently Soul Edges energy also enhanced her aging, since she looks to be late teen, early twenties.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what is that mode where you walk around the world with your created character.

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you guys think about Soul Calibur 3 not going online? In a PS2 magazine that i have, the writer complained in his/her preview of SC3 that it's not going online.

Personally, i'm not that interested in online games, even though i really want to get my hands on some (that are free, of course :P ). SC3 does well without it, i say.

Jhones wrote:
Other comfirmed characters

Rock, Li Long (who's techanally dead.) and Amy, Raphiel's adopted daughter.

Wow, that's going to make things a bit more redundant i suppose. Li Long's a nunchaku user, just like Maxi. And there was mentione on Raphael's adopted daughter. I am assuming that she would probably be using a rapier as well. If Sophitia's coming back (along with Cassandra), then it might be taking up some space. But i'm glad that Yunsung is there. :D

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with online fighting games is that the graphics of the game are drastically low in order to compensate for lag. In SVC Chaos, there are about 14 characters, 8 per faction (which is horribly low for a Capcom vs title. Capcom vs SNK 2 had 42 fighters). In addition to the poor character choice, the character models were horrible. The characters from Street Fighter looked no different from the models used in Street Fighter II: Championship edition, and this is for the Xbox. The poor quality really shows through in this game. I haven't seen many other fighting games that you could play online, so I can't make a full judgement if online play is a viable option for Fighting games.

However, the new Smash Brothers game slated to be a release title for the Revolution will be boasting online play. I'm looking forward to more details about that as they come out.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont like online games but thats because i dont have a network adapter.

Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recently the online game trend has really been a bummer, i dont fancy those games. Not just because i cant afford it, but some dont have plot or story and are just fun for interacting with characters, doing mindless duels/slaying with friends, and seeing who can become godly first.

But off that subject, i'm looking forward to this Soul Caliber. The 2nd one was really fun, i never played the first one, but if this is so insanely in depth in character details, with a create your own character feature and use a certain style. This really will be a big hit if its done right. Can't wait for this one.

Ah, my wallet will die this year. So many games...
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jinners wrote:
The 2nd one was really fun, i never played the first one, but if this is so insanely in depth in character details, with a create your own character feature and use a certain style.

When you say that you have not played the first one, do you mean that you haven't played Soul Calibur I, or that you haven't payed Soul Blade/Edge, the first game of the series?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuikoCrimson

The Lion Hearted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, all this thing I've read from you guys makes me crave for Soulcalibur. I can't wait to have a copy of it.

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
jinners wrote:
The 2nd one was really fun, i never played the first one, but if this is so insanely in depth in character details, with a create your own character feature and use a certain style.

When you say that you have not played the first one, do you mean that you haven't played Soul Calibur I, or that you haven't payed Soul Blade/Edge, the first game of the series?

I only played Soul Caliber II. There was another one beside Soul Caliber I? I didnt know that... You learn new things everyday...
Pepe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jinners wrote:
Starslasher wrote:
jinners wrote:

I only played Soul Caliber II. There was another one beside Soul Caliber I? I didnt know that... You learn new things everyday...

Soul Blade/Edge was the original one, released on the PS...great game at the time, very similar, style and gameplay wise, as the ones coming out now. Namco found a good formula, I guess :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: