Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lost (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel like I've missed out on a lot of Lost discussion, but I don't have the energy to go over everything that's happened since I last posted in here. I'll just sum up (lamely) that I thought season 3 had the most satisfying conclusion of the three seasons thus far, and that the flashforward device was simply brilliant. I was stunned. It definitely gave me a lot to think about during the hiatus. :mrgreen:

I like where this season's going so far, but unfortunately we're nearing the end of the current run of shows. Because of the writer's strike, the 16 episodes planned for Season 4 has been reduced to 13. :cry: However, the 3 episodes that were supposed to be a part of this season will be added to seasons 5 and 6, so that's good at least. Basically, the writers wanted to end the season at the end of May, just like the previous three seasons, so that's why they cut it short. It would have screwed up their scheduling for season 5 otherwise.

Some random thoughts/musings:

-I think Claire dies by being pushed out of a helicopter!

Three things lead me to this conclusion.

1) Desmond says that once Charlie flips the switch, he drowns. He says that because of these events, he sees Claire get on board a helicopter. However...

2) Kate has Aaron in the future and is treating him as if he were her child. Why else would Kate have Aaron unless Claire died and entrusted Kate with her son? Perhaps Desmond saw Claire board the helicopter but didn't see the events that directly followed it, i.e. Aaron being taken from her as she gets shoved out into the middle of the ocean.

3) Jack doesn't want to see Aaron because of the pain it would bring him. I'm assuming that Jack learns that Claire is his half-sister and would have a particularly emotional connection to her and Aaron once he learns this. Seeing Aaron would mean dealing with the sadness over losing family.

That's just my theory, anyway. We'll see if I'm right.

-Widmore knew about the island a long time ago (at least 1996) and set up the race around the world specifically to get Desmond away from Penny.

-Time operates differently on the island than we may think. It is in fact much slower than the "real" world. What does this mean exactly? Well, it explains why Walt is older at the end of Season 3. Other than that, I'm not too sure.

-George Minkowski died from the "sickness" that Rousseau mentioned back in season 1. Her team landed on the island but then shortly afterwards they became "sick". She was forced to kill them, or so she thought. Perhaps they were suffering from the same effects that George and Desmond did?

-Hurley found Jacob's cabin but Locke couldn't.... Is the island choosing Hurley for something? Why could he see Charlie in the future, off the island? We've already known that the island was special, but maybe the people who are there, even ones we don't expect, may be special too.

-Sayid is working for Ben in the future... oh snap! :shock:

-The letters in Hoffs/Drawlar, the name of the funeral parlor, can be re-arranged to spell "flash forward". :D

So anyway, we get two more episodes before a month long break, followed by the final five episodes.

SPOILERS! (Hehe, I'm back at it! Highlight at your own risk!)

S4E7: Ji Yeon (Sun and Jin flash FORWARD)

-They will be revealed to be the final two members of the Oceanic 6.

-We will see Sun's child in the future. Her baby is a she, and her name is Ji Yeon -- a combination of Sun and Jin's names.

-An original character will DIE in this episode!! I don't have the heart to tell you guys which one it will be though... feel free to speculate! ;)

-We will learn who Ben's spy is. Again, I don't really have the heart to say who it is, but it should be pretty damn obvious by this point in the season. I'll give you all a hint: this actor's name has appeared in the credits of every episode this season so far. That should be enough for you true Losties.

S4E8: Meet Kevin Johnson (Michael flashback) :shock:

-We will learn about everything that's happened to Michael since the season 2 finale leading up to the point where we meet him in season 4.

-This episode is supposed to have a helluva cliffhanger heading into the hiatus.

Other LOST spoilers (not too big):

-Ben will have a flashback this season called "The Outlier". It was meant to be the 9th episode, but it was pushed back.

-We will be getting steady answers throughout the final 3 seasons, but things like the Purge and the Smoke Monster will have to wait until at least next year.

-By the end of the year, we WILL know who was in that coffin in Jack's flashforward!

-The writers said that season 4 was about who got off the island and what they do once they've left. Season 5 is about why they got off the island and why they need to go back. And season 6 is about what happens when they get back. Awesome!!

Hope you guys are enjoying this season as much as I am!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, has anybody played Via Domus yet? I've bought and installed it, but it seems my gaming unreliable computer's graphic card couldn't handle the graphics... :(

If you have, what's it like?
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its not to bad of a game real easy to play and real short of a game. You get to play storys that happen in between what happen in the first seaon of the show and has a real suprise ending that makes you wonder if thats whats going to happen at the end of the series then the movies comes out and tells what really happen to them all.

But i could be wrong about that. Have to wait and see what happens next on the show.

I knew it was michael on the ship. After i heard that he resign to comeback on the show and that Walt was still on the island and were they told him to sail his boat to was to the small island they held Jack , Kate , Sawyer held by Ben and the others.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I don't get why we spoiler tag stuff when it says spoilers on the title, but to not piss any fans off, I'll black text my whole post.

I've heard from a few places that not only is Ben getting a centric episode, but we're getting one for Rousseau/Alex centric episode which we see their pasts, more centering on Danielle losing Alex and the crew who "went crazy". More than likely from the same problems Desmond and Minkowski suffered from, which led to Minkowski's death.

ABC aired a commercial which said we know all 6 of the Oceanic 6, and showed Aaron as being one of them, but something bothers me about this. Aaron wasn't on the manifest because he hadn't been born yet. Sun, Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid were all on that manifest. Also, in Jack's testimony on the stand he said 8 survived the crash and 2 died shortly thereafter. Which would imply Aaron, who was born on the island couldn't be one of the Oceanic 6. Nobody would count a pregnant woman as 2 people officially.

But yes, I do like how this season has progressed.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow can you beleive who they killed off on the show.

I think that was just kind of funny how they got killed so easy after being on the island so long and not know that there was someone out there with guns to shoot at them.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was a bit unexpected. *spoilers ?I mean, what the heck? Danielle got killed a bit too easy I think, for someone who has been able to make it alone on the island with the others for so long. Also, what ben said made it look like he planned for it to happen.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, its been a while and hot damn was Season 4's finale a sweet one.

Highlight for spoiler talk.

Holy shit. The Island poofed! I'm glad Sawyer got back to it but what happened to Faraday and those guys? Not that anyone besides Daniel was important on that raft, but it'd be nice if we get some sort of closure to it. I sincerely hope he goes to the wreckage and finds survivors, namely Jin.

Michael is toast, and the image of Jack's Dad telling Michael its ok, is the Island saying "I'm done with you, you can die now. kthxbai." I liked Michael, but that little speech about Jin being a dad now and stuff was touching but he's a father too and how many times has he shirked that responsibility? I mean coming back to help everyone is noble but Walt is his son, the whole reason he did what he did was for Walt. Way to be a dad and get blown up. Its my hope that since Jin was at the end of the boat, he didn't get blown up, but more or less blown off the boat.

I think it was so cool Desmond got to Penny there at the end and that Frank was alive too. I knew they wouldn't let Dessy die at the copter crash. They'd already shown too much bad stuff to keep it going with Desmond's death.

I am totally looking forward to next season, its gotten wicked cool, but I don't get how the Island moved and they didn't explain it, nor do I think they will. Time/space continuum travel is a bit hard to say in black and white here's what happened and how.

I'm liking where this is going though. Sun having control of the majority on Paik Industries gives her a lot of power. Ben is of course Ben and who knows where, why or how he does what he does. It's going to be an intriguing final 2 seasons.

Fun stuff.

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like usual, i am a bit behind on Lost, since i just saw the season finale yesterday. But here are my thoughts:

Oh yeah, SPOILER WARNING! But if you read through Red's Spoilers, then be my guest :P

I am wondering what they plab to do now? I mean, in terms of the flashbacks/fowards. Are they going to show clips of people back when they were on the Island? Not very original, for sure, but that's assuming that they have to put in some backstory for the episodes...

Yeah, what does happen to Faraday and the raft crew? I would assume that they paddle to an Island, and are probably picked up by Whitmore's company, and they're going back to work for him again. On a side note, Faraday rocks!

I would like an explanation on how come Ben was able to teleport himself off the island, and if he does, would that mean that Sawyer and the others did as well? And then what's the deal with the smoke monster?! There is still no explanation for it. And why is Locke under tha name of Jeremy Bentham? How idd he get off and why was he meeting with the others

The next season should be more interesting. This season would have to be one where my interest was at it's lowest. I missed a few episodes, but i didn't care that much, for some reason.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Lost (Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know when Season 5 starts?

Feels like I've not seen the program in years. Hate the long breaks in between seasons. Ha.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wednesday Jan 21st.

Check abc.com for some teasers.

Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost (Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet, any news on an Australian date? Av not heard much about it.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, i haven't either. but i'm guessing that if it was like last year, Lost will be here in Australia like a couple of months later, or at earliest late February.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Lost (Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aw, man. Such a wait. Haha. Hopefully it will be Feb at the earliest. Though I might be tempted to just watch using the wonders of this internet. Surely some kind person from the states or UK will record and post 'em up.
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boy i can not wait for the last season to start and what happens next.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking forward to the new season as well. I am pretty sure it is the last season. Should be quite entertaining.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: