Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pick a game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Pick a game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright I need a game to alleviate the boredom and hold me over til Suikoden Tactics. Since I am a very indecisive person, I want you guys to choose a game for me. If you think I shouldnt play any of these, suggest a game I could get thats great and readily available.

Disgaea- 4 playthroughs
Phantom Brave-1 playthrough
FF 4-1 pt
FF 5- 1 pt
FF 6- 3 pt
FF 7- 6 pt
FF8- 4 pt
FF10- 3 pt
FFT- 10 pt
Chrono Trigger-2 pt
Legend of Legaia- 4 pt
Legaia 2- 2 pt
Star Ocean 2- 5 pt
Legend of Dragoon- 1 pt
Grandia 2- 3 pt
Suikoden 1- 4 pt
Suikoden 2- 5 pt
Suikoden 3- 3 pt
Suikoden 4- 1 pt
Tale of Destiny 2- 2 pt
Xenogears- 1 pt
Xenosaga epi 1- 2 pt
Xenosaga epi 2- 1 pt

Im not in the mood for the suikodens, CT or Legaia 2
Thanks.
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could try xenogears again since you've only played it once. You could also try one of the Fire Emblems if you don't mind GBA.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say Xenogears, there's so much more you can gain from playing it a second time, considering the story can be so think, and confusing at points. ^_^

Anyways, that game is always good for another playthrough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Replay FF8 again, one of my faves :)
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would suggest you look in the game ratings and play the highly rated games... but okay, how about final fantasy VIII?... my mates replaying that right now so that might explain why i say that... lionheart... squal as a main character...

other games i would suggest is chrono cross if you have it?... are those the games you got or just the games you have a chance of playing?

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THose are the ones I have. Im not gonna redo xenogears cause I only beat it like a month or two ago.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, If you enjoyed Disgaea and Phantom Brave, then you should definately pick up Makai Kingdom. It's a very humorous title like Disgaea and there are familiar secret characters in the game. ;)

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You should play through Suikoden IV (If you liked it) or Legend of Dragoon or even Phantom Brave again.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Id vote for FFT or Xenosaga I. Both games are really good, and while Xenosaga is a 'sit and watch movie' on a second playthrough, you get alot more of the story after you know what their hinting at. Although, FFT is very very fun. Its pretty challenging, that'll tie you over as it is like a ST type of game, how it plays. Just---FF based...
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears would be a great choice, but for one not on that list, I would have to say Final Fantasy IX is a splendid game. I can replay it so many times. The storyline is intense, plenty of side quests, and the cast of characters are just unsurpassable.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would give Final Fantasy IV a second playthrough. I mean if you just want to alleviate your boredom FFIV would be a good choice. It's not too long, the gameplay ain't complicated at all, it's fairly easy to beat.(unless u got the original japanese version which is like ten times harder).

The second game I'd recomend is Final Fantasy VI. This game's easily one of the best in the FF series. It's got a great story and a really big cast of playable characters. The gameplay is a bit more complicated than IV's is but that's actually a good thing in this game.

My recommendation depends on what you're more in the mood for. If you want a simple entertaining game, go with FFIV. If you want one of the greatest games ever in my opinion, then go with with FFVI.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You never got Chrono Cross? That game is great and has lots of endings that will keep you bussy,also the battles are fun.

CLERKS
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you have a save file of SIV ready? Isn't a certain new game coming out soon going to have data transfer?

Other than that,, X-Men Legends 2 comes out soon (if not already) or you could go classic and do Symphony of the Night.

Out of the ones already on your list, I would go for FF7. I haven't played that in ages.

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think FF7 is over rated and Cloud was the only one not getting laid. Tifa with Clouds friend and the villan. Aries with Clouds friend. Come on man only ones in that game I liked was Red XII and Vincent.

CLERKS
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
I think FF7 is over rated and Cloud was the only one not getting laid. Tifa with Clouds friend and the villan. Aries with Clouds friend. Come on man only ones in that game I liked was Red XII and Vincent.

Agreed, FFVII is way over rated. I mean, it's a good game, but it's just not as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Since you beat Xenogears only a short while ago, FFT is another splendid choice, that game is pure brilliance. I and highly suggest picking up Chrono Cross, that is game is awesome. It's one of the few games awarded a perfect 10 on GameSpot (I don't think it deserves that, but definitely a 9.5 or 9.75). I would suggest FFVI (best in the series) but since you've already beat it thrice I figure there are other games you should play more (I know you beaten FFT ten times, but that game.... you know it always worth another play through..)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: