Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Football (-Real- Football)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Fantasy Football (-Real- Football) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

www.freefantasyfootball.tv

I know we've got a fair few guys interested in football (*sigh* soccer for the Americans...) so I figured I'd offer this up in a similar vein to how people are doing the Wrestling. Key difference I'm not going to give anything to the winner because I'm evil and selfish or I think that playing the game and bragging rights are enough reward on their own.

It's a European based one so you can pick players from Serie A, La Liga, the Premiership and also the Bundesliga so having a good knowledge of all four countries football could help you come in second place. I say second because I'm going to win regardless of who enters and what they think they know!

when you're in there go to mini-league admin and join me at...

League Name: Suikox
Password: Tinto

Tinto was the first suikoden word that came to mind - guess that's what you get for being sorted into Tinto when you join a suikoden site. Doesn't matter if you're not that interested in football give it a go anyway you might find yourself enjoying it after a while or you can just ignore it and leave the team to gather dust it's not a problem.

Anyway if you're in or have any problems joining post them here so I know who you are or I can sort the issues you have. I hope to see a few other people joining me in there shortly (my account is lonely).

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're not alone anymore PF, I've joined (as you'll notice :D )

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice one, I just looked over your team you must of started making it after me and finished before me! I've just done mine...for now, it may change - seems you've taken the tactic of picking cheap subs and a better outfield, I've used it too partially. Mourinho eh? Should of expected that from you but he's too pricey for my liking!

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I even had to do some changes! I wanted to have Sheva in my team, but then I wouldn't have money for the last subsitute, so I have o trade him for Klose. Not bad when you come to think about it.

Such as myself, you used every pound that you could :D

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am joining!! There is no football/soccer thread without the halberdier from Grasslands!!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course I used all the money, it's my way. Besides since they've replaced buying a stadium with buying substitutes this year it seems almost necessary. My reasonable subs are Milito and Bojinov. I don't suppose Bojinov will break out this year on a bad team but it's possible and he's cheap - Milito is cheap and may find himself being transferred to a good premiership team at some point since it was strongly hinted at that Manchester United and another Prem team wanted him during this transfer window.

I wanted Assuncao myself on the subs bench but decided it was better to get a decent defender on the pitch before thinking about who wouldn't make it onto the pitch in all likelihood. He may well come in and replace Marcel Marcelinho if he dissapoints me but I like my midfield of Robben, Ballack, Marcelinho and Giuly for now - lots of goals in that I should think and they're mostly on good teams.

Glad to have you joining us Halberdier.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest PF, I could hardly reconise your first team... The first time I realised there was alot about football I didn't about...
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've joined up.
My defenders are probably the best players I have, and my subs were better than the players I had in. Unfortunately the site put my better players on the pitch so I couldn't even run a risky game.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really halberdier? I think most of the players I have are pretty good bar the subs and I suppose not having heard of Marcel Marcelinho is understandable since he plays in the Bundesliga for a team that isn't Bayern Munich. Apart from that I would have thought the rest were reasonably well known since they're all on good teams the majority.

Ley, I just looked at your team and all the players from Chelsea are on the bench so you have your wish for the good ones to be there.

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found it a bit awkward too, that you have put a Hertha Berlin's player in your team (I believe that there aren't many people outside Germany that know him, he isn't that well known in Brazil, since he has gone for some years and don't go to the national team).
But, hell, I've put Albeto Lopo from Espanyol and Duda from Malaga, and I don't expect none of you to know :D

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All you need to know about Mr. Marcel Marcelinho is that he scored 18 goals last season. Goals = points.

I'm hoping for a repeat performance from him this year so I'll just wait and see what happens with him. If he sucks...I'll transfer him for Assuncao probably or whoever's hot at the time.

Oh, I almost had a Nuremberg player too - Marik Mintal - he scored 28 goals in the Bundesliga last year but I really wanted Samuel Eto'o and Alberto Gilardino watch for me to pick him up if Gilardino can't get settled in at AC Milan this year since his move from Parma. I doubt it since he's had a good pre-season but he could get pushed out of the team by their other signing Vieri.

Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, here's the situation. I think that football (and even though I live in Canada, I like to call soccer football, living in Europe for a year will do that to you) is a truly spectacular sport. It is fast paced and entertaining, and a true testament to athleticism. When I saw about your pool I thought it might be fun to join up. However, since I'm pretty removed, I don't really know anything about football in regards to players. Would it still be alright for me to join up? Maybe someone would even be willing to help me with my list, if you don't mind having someone that knows almost nothing about the players in the pool.

What I need is a hockey pool, then I could show you a thing or two :twisted:
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh you wish you could show me anything about hockey, you make a pool sometime and I'll be in against you for that Kalidor!

Kalidor, the more the merrier, if I can help you in any way as well just let me know - I'd be happy to.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh!! I added van Persie to my team and I just realised he was still in jail!! ARGH... :evil:

EDIT: I have removed him... Good thing too... Fowler's up... Old, but still good...
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have joined.

Things that insulted me:
1. Manuel Almunia (the clown from Arsenal) was worth 6M ... more expensive than the mighty Jaaskelainen and Toldo ..... *smacks the game*
2. Philipe Mexes as a Goalkeeper, eh?
3. Drogba 18M ?????? Are you suuuuure?
4. Adrian Mutu 17M??? Does it really cost that much to use recreational drugs? LoL
5. Solari still listed as a Real Madrid player ... come on, Internazionale, people.
6. Maybe more, but I couldn't be bothered looking. hehehe.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: