Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

MYSTERY SOLVED: Who is Hugo's father?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! I happen to like the theory of Bob being Hugo's father as well. I just love to think of Hugo as a lycanthrope-human hybrid. Muahahahahah!!! Also, with the biased fact that i like Bob...
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo is close to the spanish for "juice" (join us in creating excellence - points to the person who gets that :mrgreen: )

Quote:

THINK! Where did you recruit Hugo? Qlon temple. Who else did you recruit there? Morgan? Sanchez? FUGITIVES!

Qlon temple: Crowley's hiding down the cave. Morgan a blind man SINCE BIRTH comes across as nothing but gentle. he is no reason for him to be a fugitive, he's at the temple because, what else can a blindman do, other than beg? Morgan, blind since BIRTH could not do a whole lot to disrupt order in society.

there's a farmer dude there - nothing suspicious, he just wants his seeds. Fukien, a holy man, nothing dodgey there - if he's a fugitive, he's only a fugitive in the eyes of those who serve the empire... oh wait, so is the liberation army! whoops! oh, the lands are on your side too!? wee! so EVERYONE's a fugitive!

there is no reason for Hugo to dye his hair, apart from cosmetic reasons. he is not a fugitive, so his past would not have 'caught up with him', causing him to flee to Greenhill. Also, Hugo didn't join automatically, you had to find his damn war scrolls before he would.

although i have yet to play suikoden III, Lucia's Character i witnessed in Suikoden II left me in no doubt that she would not get friskalicious with a 'kind' (in the case of Hugo the librarian, weak) man, while she had such an important task to do, such as avenging the death of her father. she would kill anyone who stood in the way of her goals, passionate and determined - If Hugo got in her way, she would ensure it wouldn't happen again.

ah, but good luck to anyone blessed with a vivid imagination.

I'm kind of jealous! :mrgreen:
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brave as a jaguar? You'd be considered brave too if you just started a conversation with a woman sneaking through your room to assassinate someone!

Also, Schala-Kid, you're denying that a man that looks 40 that is actually 18 is NOT applying some sort of secret? Bah! This is indeed canon, I've SOLVED the mystery, this case is closed! No theory... solved mystery. Done. Kaput! Bye-Bye.

Quote:

Also, to give you info quoted from elsewhere on this site:
Morgan is originally from Falena where he was a gladiator. As a slave swordsman, he was too powerful that he always won. Thus, his eyes were removed to equal the odds in the gladiatorial arena. However, even after he became blind, he was equally powerful due to his focus into his inner being. Because of that, Falena sold him to the Island Nations, but during the voyage, the ship he was on was destroyed by a storm, and Morgan lucily washed up in Toran. He then joined the Qlon Temple where he tried to hone his inner being. He joined with the Toran Liberation Army for a while, but after the war he returned to Qlon Temple for further meditation.

Thus Morgan was not born blind. He's a fugitive running from his Island Nation's owners! He's like a black man in the North during the US Civil War! A fugitive on the run in the eyes of many!

Also, Fukien had the ONLY Resurrection Rune for a long time. WHY? Because he STOLE it of course! FUGITIVE! Holy man my rear!

(Also, before any flaming begins... this is all done as a joke, my solving mysteries! I'm coming up with insane solutions to the Suikoden mysteries and acting like thier canon. Thanks to everyone playing along. PM ME WITH YOUR MYSTERY THAT NEEDS SOLVED! :P )

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Hugo's father is just some random Highlander that Lucia met.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
Hey! I happen to like the theory of Bob being Hugo's father as well. I just love to think of Hugo as a lycanthrope-human hybrid. Muahahahahah!!! Also, with the biased fact that i like Bob...

It's funny but I always saw Aila as Bob's kid more than Hugo. She has the tooth grin, distrust of everyone and they look quite similar.

I realise this is impossible, but I like to think it anyway.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

his father was a jaguwar?
icy is funny...to bad we're not in the same allience. we could be wacky friends.
its good to see new theroies, ones that are -remotly- serious.
and about manga-to-game inconisitancys, I read from here Fubar was atained when he wanderd into the Kryan village, in the manga his mom is (i guess for dinner) killed, and they find poor baby Fubar alone, so they adopt him (some peoples do this, they take in animals that are normlay food, for pets, as a way to honor and thank them for those who sacrificed their lives so they can eat)

but um. I Guess we'll never know who his father is, unless the creators decide to tell.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

serious?

semi serious?!

IT'S THE TRUTH!

(AKA. Dude, I like made that all up, it was just something to make you all laugh)

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I'm sorry to say that Hugo is not Hugo's father... Hugo is spelt ヒューゴ whereas Hugo is spelt ユーゴ in Japanese, as you can see they are different names.

Another reason is quite simply because Juppo is Hugo's father. Not only is he a kind man but he has black hair! And he can build things, so of course he's going to enjoy staying at the Greenhill academy and honing his skills. Another fact is that Juppo went North after Suikoden 1, so he was definitely in the correct region. It all adds up!

I've also done a brief draft of the trickster family tree with these new facts taken into account, what a sweet family!

It also gives a whole new way to look at the relationships between characters, Meg becomes Hugo's Mother-in-Law/ Cousin, Belle is his Wife/ Cousin. Who wants a single name for a family member when they can have two or three?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wha!? What the!?

DAMN YOU, GRANMEYER! YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD NEVER LIE TO ME!

Still, it doesn't disprove my case!

1) Grasslanders can't spell.

2) Hyu-go and Yu-go are so close even in Japanese that when It was said to Lucia, all she could think about was that hot Librarian lovin', and gettin' it on in secret with her new lover. And lemme tell you, my Greenhill sources say that library was ROCKIN! Like, with wild untamed Grasslander-on-FugitiveTurnedLibrarian Love!

3) Uh... Lucia can't spell. Or read. Jimba taught her while she was pregnant and unable to kill stuff.

it's all TRUE I TELL YOU! TRUE!!!!

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Icebergin wrote:
3) Uh... Lucia can't spell. Or read. Jimba taught her while she was pregnant and unable to kill stuff.

Ooo! This is the most convincing part of your argument!
Its the "Uh..." really. Cause I know when I say "uh..." I'm ALWAYS telling the truth,
Like, uh...that one time when I told the people about the time I saved the world, but decided that I didn't want anybody to know because then I'd get too much attention.
Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket.
I shall now PM you to make you solve more mysteries. Wee~~~
Thanatos

Army of Thralls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I believe it is Beecham....he protected Lucia as a friend and as a guardian. In volume two of the Suikoden III manga, a scene where Hugo runs off to find Chris in Vinay Del Zexay contains a conversation between Lucia and Beecham....Beecham volunteers to go after Hugo, but Lucia stops him, instead telling Sgt. Joe to go after him, while she thinks to herself, "If Hugo's acting like this--he's not likely to hear you. Remind you of anyone?" This statement implies that Hugo is acting like Beecham, and as we already know, we KNOW Hugos daddy-o, and Hugos supposedly becoming like him. If this is true, the the situation definitely points a red flag towards Beecham, because Lucia sees Hugo acting like "someone she knows" when thinking about Beecham. Ok I'm done haha....later.

Also, Beecham got that scar on his cheek defending Lucia- wouldn't that make him "brave as a jaguar"? Hugo is becoming like that according to Luce......

Last edited by Thanatos on Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Hugo's father is.... HUGO!"

hahaha this makes me think of Southpark : "Cartmans father is.... Cartmans mother !!!!!!"

I can't tell you who it is cause i only play suikoden II (soon suikoden III)
Maby we wheren't ment to know it???

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tenyoh wrote:
Actually I believe it is Beecham....he protected Lucia as a friend and as a guardian. In volume two of the Suikoden III manga, a scene where Hugo runs off to find Chris in Vinay Del Zexay contains a conversation between Lucia and Beecham....Beecham volunteers to go after Hugo, but Lucia stops him, instead telling Sgt. Joe to go after him, while she thinks to herself, "If Hugo's acting like this--he's not likely to hear you. Remind you of anyone?" This statement implies that Hugo is acting like Beecham, and as we already know, we KNOW Hugos daddy-o, and Hugos supposedly becoming like him. If this is true, the the situation definitely points a red flag towards Beecham, because Lucia sees Hugo acting like "someone she knows" when thinking about Beecham. Ok I'm done haha....later.

Also, Beecham got that scar on his cheek defending Lucia- wouldn't that make him "brave as a jaguar"? Hugo is becoming like that according to Luce......

I seem to remember reading somwhere that Beecha has a family of his own, though...

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but then again there are some cultures where the woman are basically for reproducing and it doesn't matter who cheats on who as long as they make healthy bouncy baby kids.
That'd be amusing. I think he has a family too but I kinda think Beecham's an interesting thought. :D

deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I believe that Sydonia is the father, he flat out dissapeared after the forming of the toran republic so he could have been walking around the dunan area while lucia would have been present. he uses a dagger like Hugo although he trows it instead of up front fights with it tho. When he sets his mind to something he wont turn back from it which could describe that someone she knows. He has the black hair and even some blonde hair like that of hugo. Also has the deep piercing eyes which are a perfect match for Hugo 's eyes. Also he maybe a quiet man but hes kind and hes incredibly loyal like she describes Hugos father Because he wouldnt abandon Varkas even though he could have easily gotten away himself not only that he saved Varkas's life before the irst suikoden and even made varkas head of the bandits. And he also told varkas that he would return if he ever needed him. the only flaws in this are there is no proof that he was in the area only the possibilty and that Hugo cant short space teleport like Sydonia, but the teleporting thing isnt known if it is hereditary or a taught skill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: