Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What's in a name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is question two out of line?
Yes, you must be gay.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
No, it's actually interesting!
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 28

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eloriel wrote:
If I were a boy/guy/man I would like to be named Jonathan - I really like that name. :)

Haha nice - my brother is called Jonathan ( spelt the same and all )... I also know that if my sister was male she would have been Peter. I don't think she likes that name at all...

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find this to be a very interesting question.

As for the first question my name has a funny combination of meanings.

William- deriving from the teutonic or old German tongue which translates as "Valiant Protector" which explains a lot because I hate to see people being picked on especially my friends and family.

Lucky- which has no definition as a name per say, but defines someone with extrordinary luck.

So I guess that means that I am the lucky protector who valiantly defends others.

As for the second question I couldn't guess what my name could possibly have been if I was a girl.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Eloriel wrote:
If I were a boy/guy/man I would like to be named Jonathan - I really like that name. :)

Haha nice - my brother is called Jonathan ( spelt the same and all )... I also know that if my sister was male she would have been Peter. I don't think she likes that name at all...

Haha That's kind of funny, not that it's an unusual name, but it's kind of funny anyway. :)
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a bright,new house :p
Damn why can't i be something cool like
Slayer of gods !
or
Devoirer of souls !

>_< stupid name

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
OrangeWarrior

Piercing Rain

253189 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. First name, Joseph, God will increase. Rather ironic I'm one of the shortest poeple I know.
Middle, Michael, who is like god. which would explain my many ego-trips :lol:
2. It would have been Jolene. sadly I didn't have to ask my parents that I've heard the story so many times its unreal. So yeah I'd be Joe either way. :oops:
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1- First name:
Isaac: Laughing one. Considering that on the usual run of things i'm so serious i can be scary...not quite fitting.
Middle name:
Enrique (equivalent with Henry, maybe?) : Ruler of a State..... Yeah, sure.

2- i have honestly no bloody idea.

All the way to the edge of this world
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question 1

First Name: Christopher. That one site says it's Greek and means "Christ-bearer". Rather ironic considering I'm atheist. I never have liked the name; it's entirely too common and very plain in my eyes.

Middle Name: It's of Hebrew origin and means "God is willing, Jehova is the Lord". It's also my father's first name.

Last Name: There's three various origins; that of English, Irish or Scottish descent. If I remember right, that side of my family is English, so the name symbolizes peace and sincerity. I guess that's true; my friend tells me that I have a tendency to be rather brutally honest, and I suppose that could be a form of sincerity.

Question 2

I don't know. I imagine I might have been named some female version of Christopher, but that's just a guess.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 My first name is Christopher. As said above it means christ-bearer. I agree that it's much too common. It was the second most popular name for boys the year I was born.

William is my middle name. Means valiant protector.

My last name is Scottish and is not recognized as existing. Joy.

2. I would have been a Kelly.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gustav Pendragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First name, Matthew, Hebrew for Gift of God. Had i been named Matthias, i would be God's gift to women. interesting.

My middle name, Stephan, means Crowned one.

Heh
Eloriel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

weekendwarrior77 wrote:
First name, Matthew, Hebrew for Gift of God. Had i been named Matthias, i would be God's gift to women. interesting.

Is it so? :lol:
One of my brothers are named Mattias, but we have always been told that it just meant gift of God.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

huh my complete name was'nt on the site but i still know what it means

benoit is french (or latin i'm not sure) and it means '' blessed by god''

i guessed it since ben meant ''blessed''

and as for levesque... lev means heart...

so i can guess that i'm a blessed child with a golden heart hahahahaha!!! :P :lol:
natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First name: means gemma/gem, precious stone
Last name: means natal or birth
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The name's Arifandy (a very uncommon name even for Indonesian). My father actually wanted to name me for a famous Singaporean football player, Fandy Ahmad. But he wanted it to be more special so he add Arif (meaning Wise) in front of Fandy (which actually had no meaning), and, voila!.

My first middle name is the derivation of my grandfather's name (both of them). My second middle name meaning Protector. I have 4 words on my name, family name last.

If I was female, I don't know, perhaps Lucita?

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First Name: Nothing I can find behind the meaning of my name. However, there is a river in Vietnam that is spelled the same as my name, except for the accent mark on my name is a bit different from the river's.

Middle Name: It means bright, clear, or elegant in Vietnamese

Last Name: My surname is a bit strange. It is a common first name in my culture but it's basically nonexistent as a surname. This is actually pretty weird because surnames are a big deal in my culture. About 90% of all people in the world with Vietnamese surnames fall within the 14 most common last names. I came across a list of other less common Vietnamese surnames, but mine wasn't included in that either. Well, according to one of my friend's father who knows a good deal about this sort of stuff, I basically have an extremely old surname. I guess I'm from a pretty rare lineage.

If I were a girl, my name would probably be something like "Summer," except probably spelled differently. There is one lady who is a friend of my parents and was with them during my birth that calls me by that name. She said that's what my father wanted to call me if I was a girl.
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i can't find the meaning of my name :cry:

all i found out was my first name. sort of

First name : Willy
all they had was "Willie" which means "Will, desire + helmet, protection

now what is that supposed to mean anyway? my primary desire and will is to protect?

if i was a girl my mom would have been so happy. she always wanted a girl. never asked her what she would have named me though. i'm gonna ask my girl best friend and see what she thinks would be a good girl name for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: