Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What's in a name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is question two out of line?
Yes, you must be gay.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
No, it's actually interesting!
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 28

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My real name probably isn't on any sites since it's Chinese derived and no...my name was never "Americanized"

all I know of my name is that my first name both have the character for "person" in it....which my mom says is sort of bad because thet'll mean I'll have to depend on people alot
which I don't think is really true........I don't think........

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meaning of my first name: "Eternity" or "Immortality", it's quite unclear
Meaning of my last name: "Invasion" or more like "Conquest"

Put both my names together and I'll sound like a strategy war game: Eternal Conquest, lol.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First name: Kim, meaning "Chief" in Old English.

Middle name: Edward(spelled "Edvard" in Norwegian, but the same name), meaning "Guardian of prosperity, guardian of the mists" in Old English.

Last name: Arntsen, meaning simply "son of Arnt", who I believe is a distant ancestor somewhere in my family.

Since "Kim"can be used for both males and females, I`d probably have that name anyway if I were female.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first name is Abdulrhman; its origin is Arabic and means the slave of the merciful god.

This is kind of embracing to ask a guy that if he was born a girl what would his name been, but I will answer it. :oops:

My mother says that if I was born a girl she would named me Hanan or Hannan, which means mercy or warm feelings in Arabic.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first name is Elizabeth. It means "Sent by god" or something like that. It wasn't actually what I was going to be named, though. My mother planned to name me Elisha, which is a biblical name (I don't know the meaning.) Problem was, Elisha was a boy's name and my grandmother thought it would be horrible to name me that. So, I'm now Elizabeth instead.
If I had been a boy, I can only assume I would have kept the other name... though I think Elisha sounds much better as a girls' name anyway. I don't know. To each their own.

My last name is English, and means "top of the hill."
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First name: doesn't have any info on babynamesworld, but I remember it was something like "rich in glory" and it has old germanic origins. And that it was a latin form or Roderick, which in that site, means famous one.
On behind the name, I got this:
"RODRIGO m
Usage: Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
Pronounced: rawd-REE-go (Spanish, Italian)
Spanish, Portuguese and Italian form of RODERICK. This was the name of the last king of the Visigoths. He died fighting the Muslim invaders of Spain in the 8th century." (thats not how it's spelled in Brasil btw)

Japanese name: "KEN'ICHI m
Usage: Japanese
Means "strong first son" in Japanese. "

Surnames: Don't find my japanese surname. (Shimose)
"Nunes : Portuguese
Means 'son of Nuno'."
And don't find my last name. (Andrade)

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My name is so original(or so old), I can't find it anywhere.

My name is Sandahl. If anyone can find a meaning for my name, go right ahead and post it. I'll be checking this forum every now and then.

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My name is Trevor, which is a Celtic name meaning "Cautious".

I already know my last name, Powell, is Welsh, and comes from Ap Howell, which means "Son of Howell", which apparantly is the name of an ancestor. So, I guess my first and last names together would make me "The Cautious Son of Howell".

My mother says that if I was a girl, they were going to name me Lynnette. Heh, no offense to any ladies here that might have that name, but hearing that made me somewhat thankful I was born a male.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This site isn't the greatest for finding name meanings. my name, Ivonne, is the Spanish perversion of the french name 'Yvonne', which draws it's name from the hebrew "Eve" and the French "Yves". Eve, being the first female's name, according to christian bibles, and Yves, which gets itself from "yew wood", a type of wood used in making bows (archery equiptment). Yvonne is often also interpreted as "gracious gift of God" and "Little Archer"

My Second name is Marcia, the feminine of Marcus/Mark, which means "of Mars, the roman god of war", it gives the child "bravery"

i like my name combinations. I'm a little female Archer fighter.

My surname is Diaz, which is a portugese 'perversion' of the spanish 'dias', the plural of day, days. you know, like "buenos dias" so on. i like my surname, it makes me thing of nice mornings! tee-hee!

I'm not portugese, but somewhere along the lines i must be. i don't have a clear bloodline. so ancestral searches are pointless.

oh, and i wouldn't be me without saying this again

'gay' doesn't automatically imply something derogatory. it's offensive!

we understand what your trying to say, but you don't need to attack a group to say it.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my name is rashid it's an arabic and it has two meanings , the first one is the
adult or the grownup and the second one is the guider who guide you on the right path .
whaaaaaaa , Iam not gay ..... but if you ask me if I were a Girl you could call me
sarah ....hehe .
guardian

fire archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first im not a girl second dominique=of god and if i was born female my will be the same
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure, Its not like I was planned. my mom had me when she was 18.

Colleen means "little girl"

both sites do not have Prinssen. although somwhere I do recall having one of those documents with the coat of arms and name history on it.
am I godless monster and lack a mittle name...I heard somwhere that middle names are somtimes commonly given at chistinings and such.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Shem Anthony Bennett

SHEM m
Usage: Biblical
Pronounced: SHEM
Means "name" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament Shem was the eldest of Noah's sons and the ancestor of the Semitic peoples.

ANTHONY m
Usage: English
Pronounced: AN-tho-nee
From the Roman family name Antonius, which is of unknown Etruscan origin. It is sometimes claimed to mean "flower" from Greek anthos. Mark Antony (Marcus Antonius) was the Roman general who ruled the Roman empire jointly with Augustus for a short time. Their relationship turned sour however, and he and his mistress Cleopatra were attacked and forced to commit suicide. Shakespeare's tragedy 'Antony and Cleopatra' is based on them. Other famous bearers include the 3rd-century Saint Anthony the Abbot, a hermit from Egypt who founded monasticism, and the 13th-century Saint Anthony of Padua, the patron saint of Portugal.

BENNETT English
Variant of Bennet.
An English patronymic surname from the given name Bennet, which comes from Benedict. Bennet was a popular given name during the Middle Ages. It has variations in several languages, and spellings.

2. I don't know what I'd have been called were I female, I don't think my Mum came up with my name too much in advance. My brother on the otherhand would definitely have been called Leilani if he was a girl. I'm the gay one in the family, but the simple fact is that Mum had an alternate name planned for him already.

LEILANI f
Usage: Hawaiian
Means "heavenly flowers" in Hawaiian.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First name: Pure
Second: bringer of victory
Last: forest

(Great...I'm a defender of the earth. I guess that means I'm gonna be an ecologist... or inherit Dios' job! XD )

Pen name:
First Name: The Historian
Last name: -not found-

First: sheltering

As for the second question, I think I would've been named after dad... Bernard. Or Paul...
Eloriel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ChiByakko wrote:
My first name is Elizabeth. It means "Sent by god" or something like that.

(darn that quote function, couldn't get it to work :oops: EDIT- Fixed by your wonderful nation leader!) Thank you, oh great leader! :D
Actually, Elizabeth means consecrated to God - it's from the hebrew Elsbeth. I know that because it's one of my middle names. :D

My name is Carina: a keel, beloved, dear. Explains why I always have been such a loving, charming person, easy to love. :mrgreen:

If I were a boy/guy/man I would like to be named Jonathan - I've liked that name ever since I read a book when I was little called "Bröderna Lejonhjärta" on swedish (written by Astrid Lindgren).

Last edited by Eloriel on Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: