Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Sims is smut as well, according to this guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats OK, I sent him disrespecting me, a member of the US Armed Forces to both Take 2 and Bungie....I bet their PR departments will like to have this.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have a question... why is there such a big deal between ratings that have a ONE year difference in "minimum purchase age" or whatever it is... (certainly there is no real minimum playing age because once it's in the household, it's a private matter) i believe the big 'M' rating should be lowered to 16 or lower if there is going to be such a big deal about this extra nudity on top of the already mature-themed game.

yeah i have an issue with why the hell nudity is in there in the first place, but the rating system is also a little lame to make such a big deal out of. M - for 17 and up.. AO - for 18 and up..... am i missing something? you want to sue because you bought something for your 14-year-old grandson something that was appropriate for 17 yr olds, but once it was deemed suited for 18-year-olds, it's unacceptable? is there some kind of chemical that mutates the brain that your body releases once you hit the big 1-8? these two ratings are basically interchangeable; no point in even having both. the only thing the gamebox needs to really add is "CONTAINS CENSORED NUDITY THAT CAN BE UNLOCKED WITH SOME 3RD PARTY PATCH"
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course KFCrispy, the fact that an American can go out there, and sue anyone about absolutely anything even if it is their fault. However the difference is that is not the fault of normal Americans themselves, but rather the courts for allowing morons like that to actually pursue these cases. There should be a screening process on cases that seem pointless, and where the person injured may in fact be to blame themselves and not the company, or other person. That does not change the fact that Sophita is absolutely right, that there are a great deal many more negligent parents world wide then in the US. The only difference is the American media makes light of their own cases for the world to see, thus the world gets the impression all Americans are negligent parents.

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention fat, stupid people who love guns and fake tits. We've set up a nice global image, haven't we?

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

have a question... why is there such a big deal between ratings that have a ONE year difference in "minimum purchase age" or whatever it is.

Because most stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart and stuff won't carry an AO game, while they would carry an M game. So it hurts where a game can be found and how well it sells.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that it makes a huge difference, because some of the biggest retailers of games, are places that are geared towards children specifically. Or at the very least, gear their gaming merchandise, and such to children. Usually carrying more games for the Nintendo systems which are geared towards kids, then say the Playstation 2, or the Xbox. I have seen a few stores like that, I tend to stay away from them because they dont sell games that suit my fancy anyway. Even the games they do sell for Xbox, or Playstation 2 are not very good. Certainly not worth my time to pick them up anyway.

Anyways, I think it's a tad bit rediculous to be going after The Sims 2, but I agree on the point to an extent about Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. However, they really should take into consideration the reality, that there are a lot worse games out there they should be focusing on. I happen to think that The Sims 2 is a good game for people to play, so long as it is controlled to an extent of what happens. Maybe with the next expansion they could add some coding to control what kids, can, and cannot see during the game if it's a problem.

Gardeners

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These people who are so concerned for the welfare of the children don't seem to be doing a very good job. They seem to spaz out when sex/nudity are present in a game, but things like violence and language are fair game. I think most of you have heard of the game "Manhunt". I've watched a friend play that game, and, as an 18-year-old legal adult, all the absolutely sadistic and gratuitous bloodshed made me feel pretty icky. That game got an M rating, which seems perfectly fair to me.

Then you get something like GTA:SA. I mean, first of all, it lets the player do things like shoot at police officers, steal cars, traffic drugs, and kill prostitutes. And that's all perfectly fine and dandy. But as soon as it's revealed that there's modification that lets you view two characters engaging in consensual sexual intercourse (or, in the case of Sim 2, a nude patch), everyone goes nuts and starts screaming about the sake of the children--children who aren't mature enough to handle pixelated sex, but apparently are mature enough to simulate all the aforementioned criminal goodness.

I don't know about you, but assuming that children do emulate things they see in video games, I'd personally prefer for my kids to have sex than to murder people.

And just to clarify, I have nothing against violence in games. I just think that sex/nudity being added to a game that already allows you to commit a ballizion types of felonies shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: