Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Battle Posture & Weapon Brandishing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Battle Posture & Weapon Brandishing Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, let's see. There's a thread about the weapons our board Personae weild, the runes they use, what their regiment's like and their battle quotes.

Naturally, the one thing I can think of that's left to do is Battle stances. Like combat intro, neutral, how they attack, their retreat(returning to their row), how they cast runes and such...

I'd post what my guy could do, but I have to type it up first. Soo, let's see what you guys can come up with. Mind, gratuatis description isn't needed.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had to read thorough your post a couple of times before I got what you were saying.

Basicly you want to know how we would stand in a battle line up if we were an RPG character. Also you would like to know our battle introduction i.e stretching before the start of the battle like in Suikoden 4. How we would choose to attack with our said weapons and how we would return back to our battle line up i.e like Tal's reverse somersaults back to his position.

Well I think that I would use a spear and instead of a thrusting attack, I would have a piercing attack followed by a turning whirlwind striking blow.

I think I would choose to retun to my position in a normal way and not draw attention away from my attack.

I would stand in a defensive position with my spear guarding me and at the same time look ready to attack.

As for battle a battle intoduction, I would have to go with the classic Bruce Lee come and get me taunt.

Last edited by Hugo on Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(for those who can't remember or don't know, I've switched my sword and shield combo for a massive two-handed sword...)

Battle Intro: I would start the battle with two horizontal slashes, followed up by an overhead slash on to the ground. Finally, I would take my sword and set it on my shoulder. [C'mon, let's see what you got!]

Neutral stance: I would still have my sword on my shoulder, but once an attack comand was issued, I would take my sword and enter a low stance with the sword behind me.

Attack: I would rush the enemy in a low stance, leap in front of them and attack with a vertical slash, land on the ground spinning, and do a horizontal slash. (two attacks) [Ha! take this!] A critical attack would be performing a flip while slashing, and spinning twice before unleashing the horizontal attack. (more centrifugal force, more power, ya know? :3) [You're mine!]

Return: I would walk back to my position with my sword slung behind my back (but not in it's sheath), and spin around back to my neutral stance. [Feh, that was a waste of my time...]

Defensive stance: I would go into a defensive position with the sword in front of me. [That was good...show me better!]

Rune casting: I would draw arcane symbols into the air with two fingers, focus my energy and bring the symbols into my hand and release the power. [Powers that be, abide my command!]

EDIT: added two additional stances. Thanks to Highwind and Ced. :3

Counter Attack: I would sway to the side, dodging the attack and sway back, swinging the sword in a diagonal arc aimed for their jugular. [*laughs* Too easy!]

Victory Pose: I would sling my sword behind my back, turn around and walk away from my enemies. [Tch, pathetic.]

EDIT #2: added two more stances. Thanks Noot :3 [also added in voice in brackets :3]

Critical Condition: I would be down on one knee, with a hand on the ground. My other hand would grasp my sword, which lies beside me, as I breathe heavily. [Ha...ahahaha! You're good! This is just getting fun now.]

Defeated: I would fall down, try to stand using my sword as a crutch, yet fall on my back anyway as my knees give out on me. [Damn...I failed my duty...]

Umm, I can't think of any more stances that a character would have, but if anyone wants to add more to the list, I'll add them later. :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.

Last edited by Raze on Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 am; edited 4 times in total
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok here's mine.

Intro: Jhones stands there with his spear, looking over, he raises his free hand and Rubs his forheard for a second before dropping into his neutral stance.

Neutral: Slightly hunched over with bended knees, His spear held mid-shaft in his back hand (the left), and his right raised slightly bent in tight so the buckler can be used.

Attacking: Taking two wide strides, Jhones jumps into the air and stabs the enemy with his spear. A critical hit results in him spinning the spear in his hand before hitting.

Retreating: Using his spear shaft as a pole, Jhones launches himself back in one large leap.

Defending: Raising his right arm, Jhones hides behind his buckler.

Evading: Jhones hops back, and when he lands he leans his body back some.

Counter Attacking: Jhones stabs forward with his spear under his arm.

Rune Casting: Jhones raises his left arm above his head, spear held tip pointing up.

Critical Status: Jhones is down on one knee, his spear laying on the ground with his hand open and supporting him, his other hand is resting on his raised leg and he's panting visably.

Death: Staggered upright, Jhones takes a blind step back, his spear falling from his hand to clatter on the ground, while he pitches backwards and lands flat on the ground.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...

Last edited by Jhones on Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: I point my spear at my opponents, swing it from side to side, and then position it into a guard stance before going into neutral.

Neutral: I stand at relative ease, with my Platinum Spear laying against my shoulder. My other arm simply hangs down.

Attacking: I calmly leap forward, landing in front of my opponent, dealing a quick swipe with my Plainum Spear.

Retreating: I simply walk back easily, showing disdain for my opponents.

Defending: I hold my spear in a horizontal line in front of me, bracing myself.

Rune Casting: I hold on to my spear with both hands, pointing my spear straight up, while I chant and release the spell.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Changed unclear topic. Do make sure topics are descriptive in the future.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: Highwind turn sideways, flips his hair and faces the enemy.

Neutral: It's like Luc and Sasarai's poses in Suikoden III, but Highwind has his left hand holding on the sheathe of his sword.

Attacking: Highwind teleports to the enemy, with his sword already drawn and hits a \-slash downward, then a /-slash upward, then another /-slash upward.

Retreating: Highwind teleports back to his position, in his neutral stance and his sword in his sheathe automatically.

Defending: Highwind still keeps his neutral stance, but when he's hit while defending, a magical barrier automatically appears to decrease damage dealt to him.

Evading: Highwind disappears to avoid the attack, thanks to his Haziness Rune. He reappears after the enemy has finished its attack.

Counter-attacking: Highwind does one downward \-slash, just like his attacking move, but he only hits once.

Rune Casting: Highwind holds up his right arm a la Luc/Sasarai/Estella.

Critically Injured: Highwind drops down on his left knee and rest his right arm on his right thigh, his head down panting while his left hand is still holding the sheathe of his sword.

Defeated: Highwind drops down on all fours and tries to get up one last time, but collapses, down on his stomach.

Victory Pose: Highwind turns his back and looks down, closing his eyes, then he holds his arm up and he snaps his fingers. (NEXT!)

Last edited by Justice Johnny on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: Charging Up

Neutral: He places the Wakizashi back in it's sheath and reverts back to one of his many stances. His arts rely on dynamic stances, so he is always moving and changing his stances, but there a few main ones such as the Cross Stance and a modified Pa Kua stance

Attacking: Pa Kua Zhang 4 hit combination. Go Swing level S!

Retreating: One long jump back aided by his magic.

Defending: Blocks with his staff and pushes the enemy back.

Counter-attacking: A swipe with his wakizashi

Rune Casting: My character holds his staff horizontally in front with his right hand. With his left, he places it in front of his fist charging the Rune/magic into a sphere. After that charge, he swipes the sphere from right to left activating the spell.

Winning pose: He places his staff magically on his back then does a simple nod and smile.[/url]

Critically Injured Pose: He remains in any of his stances but there's a noticeable slump in his arms and he breathes heavilly.

Defeated Pose: He falls facedown on the ground.

Last edited by Cedric on Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:02 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: Holding the katana with one hand and poiting to my enemy with the other hand.

Neutral: Holding the katana with the two hands in a attack position.

Attacking: Fast but weak blows with the katana.

Retreating: Just throw a smoke bomb (ninja style!)and dissapear.

Defending: Just dodge.

Counter-attacking: A punch with the left hand and a slice with the katana.

Rune Casting: He cast his runes while attacking the enemy, it takes longer but can surprise the enemy.

Winning pose: He just smiles, uses the smoke bomb and dissapear. (ninja style again!)

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
Intro: Charging Up

Attacking: Pa Kua Zhang 4 hit combination. Go Swing level S!

Wait, so you don't attack with the sword you have in your stance? Are you a pugilist or a swordsman?

So I don't feel completely useless, I guess I'll post something.

Intro: Er... Standing there? I guess having the spear on the ground, pointing up.

Neutral: Same thing, except I would turn the spear, and would be pointing towards the ground. I put an emphasis on there being none of that "need to take a piss reeeeaaaal bad" stance that a lot of characters in RPGs have.

Attacking: A thrust. Maybe a second one after that.

Retreating: Unlike Suikoden IV, where guys turn their backs on the enemies, I would walk simply (and slowly) backwards to the starting point.

Defending: Blocks with the spear.

Counter-attacking: Block with the spear again, but pivot to the right, hitting the attacker with the blunt end of it.

Rune Casting: ...Raise my hand to the air.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: Staring proudly into the distance - I might be wearing a cape at this point so it can ruffle in the wind.

Neutral: Holding the sword in my hand, staring bravely into the eyes of the evil enemies.

Attacking: Couple of generic slices with my blade, Nehima.

Retreating: Point the other way to make the enemy look, and then run.

Defending: Just a simple dodge.

Counter-attacking: Jump back and a punch with the hilt of my blade.

Rune Casting: Begins to draw symbols in the air in front of him whilst charging the magic. For casting, I thrust my sword into the air.

Winning pose: Sheathes the sword and strokes the wolf at my side.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: I slowly pull the spatula from my side, and hold it in front of me perpendicular to the ground...

Neutral: ...then I turn to the side slightly, standing straight up, and I level my uncouth weapon before me.

Attack: A light sprint forward towards my opponent, I spin the spatula quickly in front of me as if I were the drummer for Def Leppard, then do an overhead *THWACK* on my enemy's skull.

Retreat: A long jump backwards, never taking my eyes from my foe, then resuming my comfortable stance.

Defense: I face both of my palms outwards and duck my head down.

Counter-Attack: A simple sidestep followed by a back-handed blow from my spatula.

Rune casting: I raise my left hand into the air, as if I were asking a waiter for the bill at a restaurant.

Victory pose: With a quick twirl of my spatula, I place it back into it's scabbard and turn my nose up into the air in disgust.

Might as well add these ones too, right?

Critically injured pose: Bent over slightly, holding my stomach with my left hand and breathing heavily, my spatula low to the ground in my right hand.

Defeated pose: My spatula drops to the ground, I quiver for a second before dropping to my knees and collapsing on my side.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intro: I walk in with a coffee mug in my right hand, visibly annoyed and mumbling to myself.

Neutral: Sipping coffee and tapping my feet inpatiently.

Attacking: I apporach the enemy with my coffee in hand. Then I open my mouth very wide and swallow the enemy whole.

Retreating: I walk back while grumbling about the aftertaste of my cheap coffee.

Defending: I will be crouching, holding my cup in ready position to pour hot coffee onto anybody who gets close to me.

Counter-attacking: I splash coffee at the enemy and laugh a hearty laugh.

Rune Casting:
I toss my coffee cup high in the air and the coffee forms into a complex magical diagram, resulting an an awesome earth-shattering armageddon; the world ends, with a crispy aftertaste.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, hilarious Sars...I've edited my original post to include newer stances and the like, for those that haven't noticed. :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahha, I like it SARS! I'm afraid that I'm a little bit more...traditional than that though.

Intro: Kalidor slowly draws his sword from the scabbard hanging at his left side, letting the light play along the edge. He then swings it up to hold it vertically before himself in one hand.

En Garde: Kalidor holds his sword at a low guard, the blade angling out to the right at almost a forty five degree angle, while his left hand hangs down at his side, fingers slightly tense, ready to begin casting a spell.

Attack: Kalidor chops quickly with his blade in a forehand horizontal slash from right to left, reversing the momentum and then chopping with a backhand diagonally downwards from left to right across the opponents abdomen.

Retreat: Kalidor leaps to the side, fanning out his cloak in the hope that an enemy who is attacking might get his weapon caught in it, before sprinting quickly away.

Defense: Kalidor keeps his sword in tight and close, eyes fixed on his enemies movements, ready to quickly parry an attack with his sword.

Counter-Attack: Kalidor parries his enemies attack outwards and thrusts his left hand forward, two fingers pointing outwards, to send a quick jolt of electric current arcing through his enemies body from his lightning rune.

Rune Casting: Kalidor points his sword straight outwards and begins chanting, his left hand held at his side. Arcs of lightning begin to play across the fingers of the left hand as the chanting builds in intensity, before he finally shoots his left hand forward whilst retracting his sword, directing his spell towards it's target.

Victory Pose: Kalidor takes a small hand kerchief from his pocket and wipes the blood from his sword before sheathing it and walking away from the body of the defeated.

Critically Injured Pose: Kalidor grits his teeth savagely, sweat breaking trickling down the sides of his face as he fights to keep his feet and face his enemy.

Defeated Pose: Kalidor grounds his sword and leans his weight against it, fighting to keep his feet, but sinking steadily until he is on his knees, where he coughs up blood and collapses face first into the dust with his sword still standing upright in the ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: