Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Start of Phase 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So then, shall we commence the battles?

To all: Good luck and may the best countries win ... excluding of course the SME

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll take alittle bit for the battles to happen. I'd say at least till next week.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was saying in advance, I had guessed it would take a bit, even the admins aren't gods of writing :mrgreen: though I must say they come pretty close

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait to kill stuff!!!! I have my tactics ready and my archers want to draw some blood yo!!! :twisted:
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm locking this until the results are up. We don't need any more posts about being ready for Phase 6 or asking when the results will be posted.

Edit: The thread is now open as the results are starting to come in.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations to Highland for winning the duel. But I'd definitely like some explanation on this Yuber 7 member account. It's obviously a modified account with thousands of MAG stats that is not natural. I'd like to buy one if I can too.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's seems to be the after effect of being an age old member with only 1 post of huge proportions, several nations have people that exhibit this kind of statistical growth but this seems to be an extreme example.

While I believe it's a valid use of a member's attributes I'd much prefer if such instances of character growth were somehow stopped. It's sort of discouraging when people work to build their stats and then someone by doing absolutely nothing is far more powerful and at the same time probably doesn't care...

Just my thoughts.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yeah, you're right, PF. And to actually look at his only post, it wasn't even a legit post IMO (half of his post was practically not even his) ..... that ridiculous word count really screwed the whole thing. To be honest, I don't even believe that it was a real member. Who would've joined a Suikoden message board and have 1 post only about phpBB instead?

But yeah, we'll bounce back and take the other 2 turns.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say Yuber 7 did "absolutely nothing" given the fact that he gave me some pretty good code that may have saved this baord from getting hacked, etc.

However, it is true that accounts of this kind will make the entire experience of being "active" rather pointless. I'll think of some way to modify this sort of thing, but of course, "nerfing" is not an easy thing to do. You'll have to give me some time. I don't want to downgrade everyone in the process. Likely, I will think of a way to reduce a person's effectiveness in proportion to their inactivity (some stats already work this way, but this gets a bit tricky with MAG and SKL).

When I saw this tactic being proposed, I thought it was problematic, but I decided to let it go for this phase.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps Sars you could look at capping certain attributes based on the persons level - since typically this only results from a person with one large post going up very high in magic while still being at a low level due to their lack of posting, if you made the highest value of magic something like their level *x -insert more random equation bits so it's not predictable- and this would put a limit on their effectiveness.

Just an idea on how you could do it without hopefully messing with other people's stats, I don't know. Thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or just put a minimum cap based on post count. So anyone with less than 100 (or whatever number of post to be considered as "active") have cap when it comes to stats. Otherwise ... it's just a bit over the top IMO for a level 7 member with 1 soldier to be able to beat a level 51 member with maximum of 70,000 soldiers. You'd also want to change the HP value to be more related to the level of the member. It's way too unrealistic that a level 7 member has 700s HP like that.

I'm still flabbergasted with how his only post is related to phpBB and no Suikoden related post at all. His away day is 197, that's around half a year, and his only post was more than a year ago. So he posted once, then shut up for half a year, then disappeared. Still too dodgy for me somehow.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Last edited by Aurelien on Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a good idea PF! That would work beautifully.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, just to add something, I haven't been active for two, three days and I noticed my magic going from 64 to 129, and some other stats going up, so is not only one big post and complete inactivity, though I would like more balance, so perhaps a general cap?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, thanks for the suggestion, but we have had enough discussion about stats (a subject matter I don't like to discuss very much). I will change things.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do agree with PF and Black Pesmerga that his extreme magic stats are indeed unfair. Yet I also don't think his phpBB code is against the rules. He posted it (and considering his name and avatar) is a Suikoden fan anyway and as many, he's become inactive before posting much more. I don't think his post should be altered or removed but I do agree with limiting his stats based on his level so that we can build up his potential normally through battles.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: