Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 6 Additions [Complete]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Phase 6 Additions [Complete] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Regiment Tactics.

Please go to the link where you can change your profile. There you will see a new thing you can choose: Regiment Tactics. You will also see 5 radio buttons, each assigned to the elements fire, water, earth, wind, and heart... err, I mean, lightning. *coughs*

Storywise, these are different types of formations or tactical modes used to give each of you some say in determining the outcome of battle (one of the most frequent complaints). In terms of mechanics, the different tactics affect the outcome in the following way:

Fire: damage x 1.5, defense x 0.5
Lightning: damage x 1.25, defense x 0.75
Wind: damage x 1, defense x 1
Water: damage x 0.75, defense x 1.25
Earth: damage x 0.5, defense x 1.5

Now, some of you who are good with math would say that this won't change a thing. Yes, that is true when you make all of the calculations (basically, each side will be doing the same ratio of damage regardless of combinations).

However, here is the thing that will really change the battles: Regiment Attack & Regiment Defense

These variables (which are influenced by each member's leadership and soldier count) have existed for a while without any use. Well, they will get some use starting phase 6.

I will give out the formula just to spare stratgists from going insane:

First, attack and defense modifiers are calculated based on the regiment attack and defense powers.

Attacker Modifier = ((Regiment Attack Power / 1000) + 1)
Defender Modifier = ((Regiment Defense Power / 1000) +1)

Once we have the modifiers, these are applied in the following manner.

Damage = ((((Attacker Modifier * Attacker Soldier Count)/Defender Modifier) / 2 ) -Defender Soldier Count)

Yeah, pretty complicated stuff. This would not have been possible without the war calculator.

Let me illustrate this with an example.

Big Joe has 10000 soldiers and his regiment attack power is 328. He is attacking Little Sue who has 10000 soldiers with regiment defense of 633.

Thus, Big Joe has an attack modifier of 1.328, while Little Sue has a defense modifier of 1.633.

As a result--

Damaga = ((((1.328 * 10000) / 1.633) /2) - 10000)
Damage = 5934 after rounding

All of this means that people's posting style will greatly affect how they do in war. You would notice that some people have vastly higher regiment attack compared to their regiment defense and vice versa. Depending on that, the regiment tactics would add more or less to each member. For example, a member with 500 regiment attack power and 200 regiment defense power will gain more from choosing the fire tactic, although he would become further vulnerable from attack.

2. Rock-Papers-Scissors Change

The current "rock-paper-scissors" format will also change. The basic logic will remain the same, but the whole "auto win" feature will be gone. You'll just do * 3 damage to enemies you have an advantage against. If you still manage to get defeated despite that, well that's just too bad! However, this should stop tactics that involve very small numbers of soldiers for the purpose of knocking out very large enemies through regiment advantage.

3. Soldier Command Limit
There will be a limit to how many soldiers a single leader can lead. The limit is pretty simple: Leadership x 1000. Thus, if your leadership is 30, the max number of soldiers you can command would be 30000. This may make people sad because it's a limiter, but it'd give "leadership" an actual purpose and even admins will have to abide by this.

A unit can have more than their max, but in such cases, the war calculator will simply ignore anything over the max amount. Even if you have more than the max, soldier son't get replenished from your "stock" after you lose some of them in battle, either.

Each person's leadrship value will fluctuate depending on what regiment they command. This basically reflects how effective you are at commanding certain regiments. A person with high MAG will obviously be better at commanding magicians rather than infantry and vice versa.

4. Allied Army
Finally a tangible perk for having an official alliance. An ally can now send one regiment to another ally nation to be included in their battle roster for the phase. The max is one regiment sent once/nation even if there are more than one nations within an alliance. The nation recieving the ally army will be able to command them according to their plans, but can not reallocate their troops. Some examples:

Nation A is in an alliance with nation B and C.

Thus, Nation A can send one regiment to nation B and C if need be.

However, nation B and C can not send one regiment each to nation A, only one of them can do this.

5. Adventurers
Mercenaries out of work (or non-merc wanderers) can seek their fortune by going on adventures. These are much like explorations done by nations, but at a much smaller scale. More than one mercenary/wanderer can team up (up to three members) when going on a journey. A journey costs some potch, however.

And that is all for phase 6. Enjoy.

Last edited by Vextor on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok first judging from the last post I made but that thread got locked because of this one it seems to me that Soldier count will be very decisive but with this new leadership thing Harukaze in my earliest example can only carry 56,000 instead of 61,408 and I can carry up to 32,000.

Well with this in mind it will make equal units to have closer battles and regiment "win all" victories obsolete.

But what I'm interested about now is the adventure part, why would a mercenary go into an adventure instead of fighting for a nation, is there a chance to get a victory count from this?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe. Some mercs end up not getting hired at all, so this is just something they can do in such cases.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it even possible for a team of mercs to discover a territory? Outlandish, yes but hear me out. If it's like exploration regions can be found and the nation of mercenarys would have a region and the discovering party could sell the region to the highest bidding nation or something. O well, just curious.

The new additions all look like fun. The limit looks like a pretty good idea but it further disallows newbies to get really involved. O well, that doesn't apply to me so much anymore so sucks to be them.

Also I'm a bit unclear on Allied Assistence. Is it basically your nationing sending troops or a general to assist as well? And does it cost PP to execute such a manuver?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The new additions all look like fun. The limit looks like a pretty good idea but it further disallows newbies to get really involved. O well, that doesn't apply to me so much anymore so sucks to be them.

Not much to me too any more but look at it as a training time, and I don't need to aim to 50,000 but 32,000 from now on ^_^

Quote:

Is it even possible for a team of mercs to discover a territory? Outlandish, yes but hear me out. If it's like exploration regions can be found and the nation of mercenarys would have a region and the discovering party could sell the region to the highest bidding nation or something. O well, just curious.

Yes if teaming up can yield similar results I'm sure all of us Mercenaries will rather go on adventure than fight for any nation.

Also will the Potch amount asked be set?

Or the more you give the better the chance for positive result.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps they can, it depends on how lucky they are, but their findings won't be as great as a nation's full-blown exploration. A region is generally of no interest to mercs, anyways.

The limit will actually give newer members a better chance of being used, because it makes sure one member can not have redoculous numbers of soldiers. Even if you have a leadership of 9, you can still command 9000 soldiers, which is still pretty significant.

As far as allied assistance, it means an ally can send one regiment to help their ally during battle.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are some very nice additions Sars, especally the being able to send a unit to an ally. I also like the new soldier command limit that has been setup.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will you be telling us which stat is best compatible with each regiment? Obviously magic is for magicians, but is strength for Cavalry or Infantry? And what is best for archers?

Also, will the upgraded units retain the stat affinity that the original regiment type had?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a question, has the deadline for declaration of intention for Phase 6 been decided yet? If yes, when is it?'

I know that the Nation Leaders and Strategists would have to have a bit more time to fully understand the changes, but at the same time, it'd help to know how much time we'd have before we have to submit the declaration of intent.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Will you be telling us which stat is best compatible with each regiment? Obviously magic is for magicians, but is strength for Cavalry or Infantry? And what is best for archers?

Also, will the upgraded units retain the stat affinity that the original regiment type had?

Yes I was about to ask that too, I'm especially concerned with speed since is my higher stat.

And I suppose the Advance units simply follow suit to their lesser versions.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That could be something to take into consideration for mercs. You know consider rewarding mercs with experience for finding things, or not finding things regardless. Also said amount of experience could be increased further if they got into a battle with something. Could make it easier for those mercs who arent hired out all that often a chance each phase to make some gains in various things. Just a thought though.

As far as the part about leadership, limiting the number of soldiers a person can hold it kind of limits how well a single unit can go. Dont get me wrong it's not a bad idea for the younger members of the forum, but doesnt work as well for other members. But you know what thats alright I'm sure people will manage to make due with what they have.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

As above. I can imagine alot of people wanting to know this and i am one of them. If the stat in question directly effects how your regiment performs my Magicians will be at a disadvantage because my MAG is alot lower then my STR for example. So gone is the notion that just because my MAG is low i can still lead magicians effectively.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
So gone is the notion that just because my MAG is low i can still lead magicians effectively.

Honestly it makes more sense this way. And I'm much in favor of doing things in this fashion.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want to know which stats govern which regiment, however, I don't think that SARS will tell us. The reason? Because knowing would change the way we post or what regiments we choose. It's much like the same manner of how each stat is raised: it would ruin the illusion, as well as our posting habits. Who knows? maybe Leadership is goverened by multiple stats concerning regiment type...such as MAG and SPD for Magicians, or SPD and SKL for archers. In any case, I seriously doubt that SARS will give us the answer. It'd ruin the fun.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Honestly it makes more sense this way. And I'm much in favor of doing things in this fashion.

Do not get me wrong, i like this idea too.

Quote:
I don't think that SARS will tell us.

Yeah you are probubly right.

Quote:
Because knowing would change the way we post or what regiments we choose.

Yeah that would probubly happen, but knowing what unit you are better suited to leading is not a bad thing, you would hardly send a girl scout to lead a battalion of tanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: