Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Van Halen and David Lee Roth = Reunion Tour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Van Halen and David Lee Roth = Reunion Tour Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is one bit of music news I thought would never happen. I know that in 1996 they made it seem like the two sides were reconciling and kissing up to get back together. On stage at the MTV Awards no less. It was weird to see Van Halen (minus Sammy Hagar) on stage with David Lee Roth and acting as if all their problems were in the past. There was talking of reunion tour and even making a new album together, but nothing came of it.

It is now 2007 and it looks like they needed 11 years to make up their minds about getting back together. I'm sure the 11 years since their appearance together on the MTV Music Awards was therapeutic for all. Van Halen and David Lee Roth will be reuniting to do a reunion tour. Roth has mentioned at the Monday press conference that this will not be a one-off tour like the ones done by the Police, but something that will be on-going.

Anyone else have any thoughts on one of the biggest bands of the early 80's finally patching things up and going on tour together. It's been something fans of the band and Roth have been wanting to happen. Now that it has I'm wondering if it'll be as successful as all involved thinks it will be.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somewhere around the third show, Eddie will punch David in the mouth, and the tour will be cancelled.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll get together and then split up again, they've done it like four times before. I'd be surprised if they did the whole tour together.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait...hold the phone....Eddie actually took back David Lee Roth back into the group in these past 20 years? I had always thought the reunion with David Lee Roth was something that was suppose to happen many times but never happened due to either Roth and/or Eddie saying something to the press that pissed each other off. I always thought this planned reunion was the first since their original break-up.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They played together at some MTV thing a while ago, and apparently David wasn't "part of the band" again so it never turned into anything else and just another spat. I think there have been like two other times they "nearly" did it again. Then there was the time where David was going to come back as long as Eddie's son could be the bass player or something - that never came true.

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that was the 1996 appearance I mentioned in the post. That was suppose to begin their reunion but Roth and Eddie pissed each other off days later. It didn't help Hagar put his curly-haired self in the middle of it. But the two have never gotten back together since their break up in the early 80's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: