Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Chronicles of Narnia Movie(s)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: The Chronicles of Narnia Movie(s) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I AM SO ÃœBER EXCITED RIGHT NOW! Why? The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is coming out on December 9th!!! Yeee! Sure, that seems like a long ways off, but since I've known about this and have been excited since last Christmas, this is really really close. The PS2 game comes out sometime in November. I plan on stalking the theatre so I can buy the poster. What else... oh! I plan on buying the video game for consoles that I don't even have, just to say that I have them. I will get all the toys and all the notebooks and folders and backpacks etc. I'm so excited about this!!!

I hope that they do end up coming out with all of the books as movies. There are only five movies planned, so far, but the director says that they will have to just wait and see how they do. If they come out with only five, though, I'm afraid that they'll skip The Horse and His Boy and The Magician's Nephew. The Magician's Nephew is highly important to the plot, but the BBC version skipped it. The BBC version also skipped The Horse and His Boy, which isn't an essential book, but it still gives a good look into Calormen and Archenland, the two nations to the south of Narnia. The BBC version never got to The Last Battle, but I feel that it would be necissary to have that in the new movies. There are several references to The Magician's Nephew in The Last Battle, so I feel that it would be difficult to make The Last Battle without making The Magician's Nephew.

What did kind of surprise me, though, is that Disney is doing these movies. The Chronicles can get very dark in some points. There is much talk of war and death, so it did shock me that Disney was going to have any part of this. Disney has done some pretty crazy things in the past few years, though. Such as teaming up with SquareEnix to make the smash hit Kingdom Hearts.

Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is, and if anyone else is excited as I am. Hehehe... ^.^

Love from Cair Paravel,
Rachel

PS Sorry if any of the formatting is off. I basically took this directly from an email I sent. ¬_¬

Last edited by Seraphym on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mean, Pirates are also very dark and rape and plunder women, but Disney did a movie about Pirates, a very good movie at that. They just chose to ignore that part of piracy, or rather, show it in a different light, which I imagine is what they'll try to do with the darker parts of the series.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was really excited too when I saw the preview in the theater. It looks excellent. Lots of action. Also, the creatures look pretty realistic (as real as mythical creatures can look). I really hope The Magician's Nephew isn't skipped as it is my favorite in the series. I loved it. I look foreward to this with much anticipation.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This should probably be in the community forum, but meh. I loved the books, and am glad I don't have to watch that crappy BBC version with a chubby Penny. I am also very glad they are potentially doing the movie in written order not chronological order. Tha Magician Nephew answers alot of questions from the books, and SHOULD be next to last. I hate the fact they repackaged the books so TMN is first.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? I liked having The Magician's Nephew first. I think chronologically, so it helps me out if they are in that order. I read The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe first. A few years later, I got the rest of the books and I read all of them (including the one I already read) from the beginning to end. It was so long ago now I barely remember anything. I know I liked them though.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The point is your not supposed to know why there is a lamp post burning in a forest where no one is around, or how the wardrobe really works.. You don't find out until the series is almost over. I hope they don't ruin that in the movie.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I moved this to the Community forum so it could get more exposure.

I've never read The Chronicles of Narnia, but I've been meaning to. There just seems to be too many books ahead of it on my must-read list. *shrug* I think the movie trailer looks pretty good though, but I might wait until I read the book before I see the film version. That might mean waiting until the DVD comes out, but that's okay.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have never read it either, infact i am not that much of a reader. I seen the preview for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe at the cinema last night and i must admit it looks impressive.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it's anything like the book, it'll be great. I am surprised they waited this long to make it a movie though. If you do read them, PLEASE for the love of god read them in publishing order first. As I stated before there are questions that are sorta answered in The Magicians Newphew, and it would ruin the surprise. The books are good, and VERY quick reading. Depending on how fast you read maybe 2 hours or so per book.
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll join in the 'ayes' by saying that I, too, was very impressed with the trailer. I never knew how diverse the entire nation of Narnia was until I saw that- due to how short the book was, it never seemed to stimulate my imagination that much.

On the other hand, I adored The Magician's Nephew- exactly in how many books can you find a crazy-evil woman riding around in an old car claiming that she's ruler of the world? I feel that the scenery in that book was fleshed out more in that book- the ending of the world with the orange/red sun, the creation of the new world by Aslan.

I can't wait to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair. It's so amusing to see Sir Reepicheep, I swear. :D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, I read these books yonks ago, but I remember really loving them. The movie, too, looks just incredible. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the book series, though when I saw the trailer I was quite impressed. I doubt I'll spend my time at the movies to go and see it...rather I might rent it when it comes out on video/DVD...if the critics say it's REALLY good I might think about it.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dynast wrote:
I can't wait to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair.

Agreed. I loved those two also. They are my second and third favorite.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about the Last Battle? Imagine the creatures we'll see in that. Don't forget the implorable, inexhaustable Tash. He's described as a giant man with the head of a bird, and 6 arms. Also the Hall of Images in Magician's Newphew. That means spoiler in black Tilda Swinton will get a 2 movie deal. Even though I don't think she's pretty enough. meh.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always found the last battle...well...not really that interesting. :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: