Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Not meeting Sarasai in GS2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Not meeting Sarasai in GS2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the battle where Luc appears and damages their entire army, I actually managed to win before this event.

I'm a bit rusty on the details as it was a while ago, but wasn't Yuber the general unit in that one? Anyway, I managed to damage their general and they all retreated before Sarasai appeared.

Has anyone else had this? Any counter theories?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, if you defeat them soon enough you don't get to see the cool Sasarai/Luc scene. I didn't get it until my second or third time through the game, I think.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you damage Luca even once in that battle, the battle is over. This actually happens pretty often, so I imagine a lot of people never get to see Yuber and Sasarai come to help Luca out.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure about others, but it seems so easy to damage Luca's unit by using Jeane's Lightning spell. 9 out of 10, it would damage Luca's unit in my game. But yeah, as mentioned by others, you have to prolong the battle for Luc to use his True Wind Rune to damage all of Highland's unit. All you have to do is run run run while staying alive, shouldn't be too hard to do.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty safe to assume that the first time through the game you won't have a good enough grasp on the grand battle system to damage Luca. Therefore you wil most likely see this scene in your Suiko-playing career.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? I thought that it's more often that people managed to damage Luca's unit like what happened to you, and also like what SARSadmin and Sophita said. That actually happened to me too, I never got that Luc scene until around the fifth time I played it because I never knew that it could happen. X_X

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first time I played through the game, and every time I've played through it, I damaged Luca's unit quite easily.

The only time I knew there was an alternative scene was when I read it on the Suikosource forums. For a while I thought they were talking about a scene from a publication or something, but I played it again and I had to physically try and not attack Luca's unit for it to work.

Maybe it's easier on the PAL version...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This battle takes long enough for me that I always see Luc in this battle. I usually make Luc's army unit my most powerful one, and most of the time I forget he doesn't fight in this battle, so most of my other units take forever to score a hit on Luca.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got to see the scene because I always attempt to kill every last unit before taking on the enemy general.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too missed the scene. Luca isn't all that impossible to damage.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my first playthrough, I missed that scene. I went back to it a year later to see it for myself! *blush* :oops:
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you think of it this way: The first time you play the game you're not as good as you would be the second time. Then of course the obvious thing would be "How didn't you see the scene with Sasarai and Luc". And like everyone else has been saying "It's not that hard to hurt Luca in that battle".

I like Luc. I like watching Sasarai get is poop ruined. So I wait out the battle, and I draw in the characters, and then bam. Baby Blue comes, and Gorgeous Green does his thing. Two rounds later, the battle ends. (Jeane is always too god darn far.)

Winning the battle before killing Luca isn't a hard task. It's whether you choose to attack him or not. You don't have to be good at the battle system to do it.

But that's just me.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Baby Blue comes, and Gorgeous Green does his thing.

I've just gone entirely off Luc and Sasarai now...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is that what happens??

Lord, sometimes I'm so Suiko-ignorant. I always wondered why sometimes I didn't get the Luc and Sasarai scene, mainly in my more recent files. Seemed like some far off rumor, or at least that I had made it up, or just missed some important event in the game. That makes a lot of sense, now!
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People will often hit Luca with the Fire Spears. I did on accident. I was going for a unit inbetween my Fire Spear unit and Luca. But I did eventually see the scene, and its not much of a scene. The dialogue may be messed up in the US version, but when Sasarai comes, Luc says something like "I'll take care of this", then "True Wind Rune, show me your power!", Sasarai's units get damaged and retreat, and he doesn't seem to recognize Luc, even though Luc obviously knows who he is. Although that small cryptic scene sparked many a speculation in the pre-Suikoden III era.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: