Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

show off your suikoden collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: show off your suikoden collection Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My collection is just the basics

Suikoden 1 - 5
Suikoden Tactics
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently got THESE
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Nadistu/SuikoSca ns/Tierkreis_illus-n-artwork.jpg:2mqa23t0][ OMG... ][/url:2mqa23t0]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Nadistu/SuikoSca ns/Tierkreis_charaGuide.jpg:2mqa23t0][ HOLY....][/url:2mqa23t0]

BOOYAH!!!!!!!!
It makes my "trip overseas the week Tierkreis is out in the US" all the more worth it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You go to Taiwan right? are there lots of official Suikoden items there?

I for one was happy to be around last week, I got a load of the Suikoden books I ordered, and it was certainly exciting to finally get the game.

I just gathered the Suikoden items I got recently since it's been a while, and I likely won't be getting many new things soon: http://jjrrs.deviantart.com/art/Genso-S ... -116608313
though I wouldn't mind getting some of the new Tierkreis items at some point

I saw this person's collection last night on suikosource: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=9790
it's very impressive and I doubt anyone outside of japan can compete.

I'm quite jealous of all that good stuff, although I'm sure he/she paid way more for those sealed copies of Suikoden - V (werid how there's only Suikoden & IV opened), than I did for everything I got that I just showed including all the posters, not to mention all the unopened authentic OSTs that person have that are close to $50 each... There are just no way I have that kind of funds or be willing to spend a quarter of what it costs to get those things, so I'm happy with what I have.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="jjrrs":2rf8eiln]You go to Taiwan right? are there lots of official Suikoden items there?
not as much as the internet...(which you seem to be getting all your stuff from.......................)

but there are a few gems over there that appear once and awhile (at least more than here) if you know where to look......like I've gotten all my suikoden soundtracks/OSTs from over there...[cept the Suiko4 one I admit] ......and I've gotten all my artbooks/guides over there as well.
but it's like that with all the anime stuff...kinda randomly stocked.

...granted I've never tried going up to an anime store's store clerk and asking them to "special order" specific items straight from Japan for me...which apparently they WILL help you do....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
...(which you seem to be getting all your stuff from.......................)

Is there something wrong with that? I wish there was a better way, as I certainly try to get whatever I can get my hands on locally so Suikoden items like the artbooks, cds and whatnot don't go to waste, but I even had to order the 2 north american Suikoden III posters online.

I don't have the resources (money) to compete with those that can pay top dollars for Suikoden items online, there was another version of the north american Suikoden III poster that I was interested in, but it was going for many times the price I paid for both of mine and way out of my price range, while I've seen the ones I have sell for $30-50 each. The only time I have ever seen a north american version of a Suikoden II promo poster, it sold for $60 when the seller said it had rips and grease markings... I also can't afford to pay the fees for japan auction bidding services, so it took me quite a few years to finally get the posters and other japanese items I wanted.

Yeah, if money is not an issue I would have way more Suikoden items, but since I have to be very tight with it, things are alot harder even when I know where to buy online.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't buy stuff online...PERIOD

But in a certain viewpoint...the trip overseas is more expensive....so I'll just drop the conversation/topic at that.

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why don't you buy things online? It's certainly serious dedication for you to spend lots of time and efforts to look for Suikoden items when you are half way across the world, that's for sure.
Mikltov

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: show off your suikoden collection Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Suikoden Collection...

Suikoden I : PAL version
Suikoden II : NTSC JP / US and PAL versions
Suikoden III : NTSC US
Suikoden IV : PAL
Suikoden Rhapsodia : PAL
Suikoden V : NTSC US and PAL versions
Tierkreis : PAL version
Suikoden Card Stories (Rom)

Other stuffs...

Suikoden III manga : all collection in English and French
Suikoden figurines : Lazlo, Tir McDohl, Riou Gengaku, Nash Latkje, Hugo and Chris Lightfellow
All Suikoden OST (except Tierkreis and Card Story)

I Intent to, when my finance will allow me to...
- find a Geddoe fugurine (it's the only one I don't have)
- buy Suikoden I drama released in Japan.
whileheavenwept

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
38799 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: show off your suikoden collection Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey all!
I just found this topic now and was looking through everyones collection. Some really cool stuff and great collections!
Quote:
I saw this person's collection last night on suikosource: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=9790

I am actually the same person as this collection jjrs linked to :)
It's safe to say Suikoden is my absolute favourite video game series. I've been collecting Suikoden merch for over 4 years now and have developed a collection im quite proud of. I spend a lot of time searching auctions and websites for this stuff, with the help of my girlfriend, who has an amazing suikoden collection as well. I even made a trip to Japan and collected a few things there (albiet not very much). I've updated my collection a little bit since that post on suikosource, and just recently added shelves to display them on.
Here are some pics I took today:
[url=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w8gQcDvpvDw/SsEzY5H2loI/ AAAAAAAAAPM/GuWM0IJ6HmY/s1600-h/suikoden+shelves+1.JPG:34wkpnt3]Sui koden Collection Pic 1[/url:34wkpnt3]
[url=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w8gQcDvpvDw/SsE0uwiIbuI/ AAAAAAAAAPc/e3FOjfmShdc/s1600-h/suikoden+shelves+2.JPG:34wkpnt3]Sui koden Collection Pic 2[/url:34wkpnt3]

There's still a few things not on those shelves, like all the American versions I own of the games, along with some guides, random trinkets, and all my posters/calenders.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: show off your suikoden collection Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you wanna take a screenshot in World of Warcraft without having your user interface showing you just press Ctrl+Z, and then the same to pop your UI back up.

In your survival build you only need 2/3 points in Expose Weakness to keep it up the maximum amount of time with your current gear or higher.

The best raiding pets are Wolves now, they have replaced cats.

As far as the gems you have put in your gear. There are some things you should consider because you only need 1 of each color to fulfill the Meta Gem requirement and things like 8 Hit Rating+4 Mana Per 5 are almost entirely useless even though it allows you to get the 6 crit bonus. You'd be better of just using 16 agility(or 20 agility) and if you need the hit, there is a 8 hit/8 agility gem(as well as an epic 10/10)

Your boots enchant is 24 attack power, but not only can you get a 16 agility boot enchant that would be much better, you can also get a 12 crit/12 hit rating enchant that is cheap called Icewalker and also would allow you to not have to use so many hit gems to reach the hit cap. There are also "Prismatic" gems, like Nightmare Tear that are +10 to All Stats, these will count as 1 of each color allowing you to go all red if you want.

Next is your 16 critical strike gem in your legs - by rule, you never use yellow critical strike gems, ever. Straight crit NEVER scales better than attack power, and therefore is ALWAYS inferior to agility - you are also 6 hit rating above the hit cap in your current gear(the hit cap is 263 hit rating) so you didn't need to fulfill that bonus - and there are also Agility/Crit gems availiable to give you a yellow socket bonus anyway if absolutely necessary, I DO use them although I still advise against ever using 16 crit gems.

Another thing to note is that mana per 5 is pointless now. In TBC and Vanilla WoW it served a purpose, now it doesn't. One Explosive Shot with Aspect of the Viper on will give you like 20 seconds worth of mana again, plus Judgement of Wisdom and Replenishment effects that are out there rarely have me out of mana, and I'm Marksmanship, which is more mana intensive than Survival.

I'm not really trying to tear you down, so don't take it that way. Just some advice from one hunter to another.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm... I assume that last post was suppose to be posted somewhere else maybe...?

Anyways, whileheavenwept, sorry I didn't see your post sooner but I am ashamed to say I haven't logged in here in quite a while. Your Suikoden stuff is crazy, I think I can safely say without bragging that I have a good deal of Suikoden items as I showed over time, but it won't even compare to yours, and you say you are not in japan either so it must be just as hard and expensive for you to get what you have, I salute you for that.

You must not only be devoted but also really have some funds to work with, like I said, the cost of just buy the games and OSTs must be as much as I spent on everything I own, for that I can only be satisfied with whatever I have and be happy with it, because the cost of everything else you have must be 3-5 times more than that, or 3 to 5 times more than what I've ever spent, which I already consider excessive since I don't have any money.
whileheavenwept

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
38799 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: show off your suikoden collection Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey jjrrs,

Yeah Suikoden isn't the easiest thing in the world to collect for, as you know. Which kind of makes it even more special and...satisfying. I can't tell you the excitement and satisfaction that comes from purchasing an item you've spent years searching for with only a hint of its existence, though im sure you know it. It requires a lot of time devoted to searching, a lot of translating, and yes, even some money haha, unless you're very very lucky. Some things in my collection I would be embarassed to say what I paid for it, but everything in it I believe was worth it. I'm not rich neither so I can't buy everything I see no matter how badly I want it, I try to limit myself and look for deals where I can. I still have a lot of things I hope to acquire some day, my collection is probably less than half of what exists out there.

Thanks jjrrs, always fun to see fellow hardcore suikoden collectors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: