Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harry Potter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exhale

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished the Half Blood Prince the day it came out and I was very bummed. I could see what was going to happen. It just seemed so obvious. Not my favorite Harry Potter, probably my least favorite.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Oh I don't agree with part of your thoughts

Oh I agree with you totally. I was just stating fact. The way it ended, it was too cliche.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ending was surely very horribly put. It lacked a great storyline in the "end" parts, starting from "The Cave" chapter, i think. Only the middle was fine. The fifth is still my favorite book.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the three Harry Potter movies. I can't say I've ever read the books though. What is the next Harry Potter movie to come out.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The next film is the Goblet of Fire and it should be out this year around Nov/Dec time. The last I heard, it was the most expensive ever produced. I'm not sure if that's actually true, but you get the idea.

It's also being directed by yet another different guy. I'll miss the director of Azkaban, I will.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have hope that the next film will be good, because well it seems as though it will set the stage for future movies as it did the books. Or so people tell me anyway. But if the storyline effects of the fifth book are as people have made mention to me, than I doubt they could screw it up that badly if they stick to the plot. However, I am interested in how they come to pull off The Order of The Pheonix when it comes to that. However that wont be coming for a couple of years yet anyway so we should just wait and see what they do with it.

If it wouldnt take so long to get through all of the films making it and such I would almost think it would be a good idea to hold off on the final book. In fact rather than make it a book period right away make it a movie first. The release the book as a manuscript type deal. However, I suppose thats a bit too far fetched and it usually doesnt translate too well from movie to book.

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know. Personally, I think that could work and is a really good idea. It would hardly need to be a movie-to-book thing. Just a release date issue, really. The only real issue then is whether that would hurt the more important book sales figure. Which should be high enough that it wouldn't matter, in my estimation.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it seems that it comes out book, movie, book, movie. And GOF is preped for a Nov release. That means OOtP should be 2007ish, with the next Harry Potter just before that.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That may be true but, we also have to consider that we might be waiting until 2008 or 2009 for the final movie in the Harry Potter series to come out. I dont know if a lot of people will be patient enough to wait that long. Not to mention the fact that the actors, and actress that play Harry,Ron, and Hermione will all be older than their parts by then. Using the girl that plays Hermione for example, right now I do believe she's like 15. If it takes four years to get to the last Harry Potter flick if not longer she could be in her 20's playing a 17 or 18 year old. Dont get me wrong though, it's been done before but im sure some people would take notice of that you think?

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I shall exercise self-restrain for the moment and stop myself from ranting about HP6 while I answer the questions that were posed in the first post.

(Can you tell that I'm pissed off by book 6? I bet you can)

1. What's you favorite book?

I'd have to say Book 5. Books 1 to 3 were far too short for me to truly enjoy (I revel in reading absolutely long books), and considering the fact that book 4 lacked Sirius (who incidentally, is my favourite character), I didn't quite like it. Not saying that it was a bad book, though, it was rather good- much better than book 6, for that fact.

2. Which is your favorite movie?

This is the part in which I expose myself for being ignorant to the global entertainment scene by stating that I have, for a fact, not watched any of the Harry Potter movies for fear of ruining everything that I have read in the books. I've seen the actors before and how I...cringe at them. Leave me with my little fantasies, thank you very much (and not in the wrong way!).

3. Why do you like the books?

I would say that it's because of Sirius, but I seriously know better than to allow myself to openly fangirl like that. :D Generally, I like the books as they give those 'old school' feeling. Kind of like those old-fashioned Malory Towers and stuff. That, and of course, the everlasting Marauders. :D

4. What do you hate about them?

Sometimes, Harry. And the ships. Harry because of his tendency to become over-depressed as his hormones set in, and the ships as they irritate and disgust the hell out of me.

5. Do you have a favorite character?

If you've been reading through the past 4 questions and still haven't caught a whiff as to who my favourite character is....well, kudos to you. My fangirl whims have led me to both Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, more to the latter as his presence in books 3 to 5 have added a more delightful (and comical) twist to the books. And let's not forget the hilarious comments that appeared when Snape discovered the Marauders Map. :lol:

5. Do/Did you have any predictions?

Actually, I didn't. I only picked up book 5 about a day before book 6 was due, and I wasn't really impressed with the previous books when I read them, so I didn't really bother making any predictions or anything of the sort.

6. Did they come true?

How can predictions that never existed come true?

7. Who should be dating who?

Before I get bricked for this, I'd like to say that everyone is entitled to their own tastes. If you don't like it, then....live with it. With that being said, I'd have to say that my favourite couple is none other than....Sirius/Lupin. No, really. I objected strongly against the Lupin/Tonks pairing when it came out as in my eyes, I could not see exactly how Lupin could end up with such her in the first place. *disgust*

Now that that's over, it's time to get on with my HP6 rant. First things first: Ships disgust me.

Book 6 left a horrible taste in my mouth for its uncanny resemblence to a very badly written fanfic- it was as if everyone was being paired up with everyone else (as if J.K. Rowling was trying her best to get everyone to end up with someone by the end of the series), and for this reason, it left a very bad impression on me. Granted, probably it's better than the other books plot-wise with more revelations and a certain 'death' *ahem*, but I was already turned off by the overload of romance in the book.

I'll admit that it brought many things to light, though- Malfoy's 'innocence' (which is probably now being butchered to pieces by billions of Mary Sues that will 'help him find redemption'), Snape's position as double-agent of both Voldemort and Albus Dumbledore, and of course, the Horcruxes. Although, it astounds me to how J.K. Rowling will try to complete the entire Horcrux mission thing unless she makes an extremely long book (which would have to be really long, unless she wanted it to sound like some sort of minigame of some sort) or split the Horcrux missions into more books. That's out, of course, for Harry would be overage for seventh year by then.

Last edited by Dynast on Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are already WAY to old to play their parts. I am worried about the Goblet of Fire movie, it looks like they will be close to the book, but so did Prizoner of Azkaban. Look what a tragedy that was. Seeing the web-site support your champion, they have a banners for the school. The Beau Battons doesn't even resemble the one described in the book. I also think Fleur isn't pretty enough, Cederick isn't handsome enough, and Victor isn't ugly enough. :D
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
T I also think Fleur isn't pretty enough, Cederick isn't handsome enough, and Victor isn't ugly enough. :D

Well, we can't have people resembling Veela, can we? Or the directors may be faced with cases of people hurling themselves at the movie screen for unknown reasons. :D And for the record, was Krum even supposed to be ugly? In the book, he scowls and all, yes, but there was never any mention of him being ugly, I believe. There must be a reason to why he has such a huge fanclub- excluding the fact that he is Bulgaria's Seeker.

Quote:
Beau Battons

You mean Beauxbatons? :?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah sorry with out my book infront of me, I figured the jist would just be enough. And doesn't Ron make fun of him for having a large brow several times.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the description was "like an overgrown bird of prey". To most people that doesn't equal handsome.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with many of the things said here-SPOILER/SHADOW TEXT ALERT

>We all guess Ginny and Harry would end up together (look at their names for cring out loud)
>We all guessed Dumbledor would die
>Ending sucked
>I doublely hate Snape now
>I liked Bill. He seemed cool
>Who the heck is R.A.B

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: