Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Advancing National Culture.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Republic of Tinto is a proud but rather young nation. Once a member of the Jowston Alliance, Tinto declared independence to follow its own path.
Most citizens of Tinto are miners or have at least miners in their family. The mountains play an important role in the life and minds of Tinto's down-to-earth people; industry, toughness and steadiness are the greatest virtues.

Government
Tinto is ruled by the Miner's Guild. The Guild is administrated by the Republic Council, a body of twelve Guild elders. The Guild Master, first among these twelve, is also the president of the Republic.
Tinto knows no form of aristocracy and even plutocracy. The president is elected by the Republic Council from among themselves, and the members of the Council are elected directly by the people of Tinto.

Economy
Tinto has very sparse soil suitable for agriculture (with the prominent exception of the Field of Golden Arrows which produces massive amounts of wheat) and there is not enough grassland to support cattle (which is why mountain sheep and goats make up the bulk of Tinto's lifestock). This is why a large amount of foodstuff has to be imported from neighboring countries, mainly Dunan.
The Republic's wealth originates from its vast mineral resources. Large amounts of iron ore, tin, copper, gold, silver, gems and even oil and water gems (from which rune crystals are made) can be found under Tinto's mountains. These are exported as raw materials, but Tinto also has a famous metal working industry and many of the best weapons, tools and armors in the world originate here.

Landscape
Tinto's landscape is dominated by colossal mountains (Sun's Crest is the highest mountain in the known world) and beautiful but hostile sandy and rocky deserts. But numerous conflicts with the southern Grassland tribes over the last decades have dramatically expanded Tinto's borders, and the dark forest of Morkata, the rich plains today known as the Field of Golden Arrows and the mysterious swamps around Toza are also a part of Tinto's landscape today.

Tinto Symbols and Icons

National Motto: Dulcis pro patria labor

National Color: Gold (heraldic), yellow (profane)

Military Symbols: Normal soldiers of Tinto (who are miner guild members liable to military service) wear no unifom or standarized armor; officers wear brown-golden uniforms with steel-gray scale armor and helmets, generals wear the same uniforms with aureated scale armor and yellow-tufted helmets.
Standard bearers carry yellow banners with the symbol of Tinto's military: a sun with the wings of an eagle.

Normal soldiers carry all kinds of weapons into battle - even pickaxes, shovels and other tools are not uncommon. Officers usually wield swords and short bows.

Guild Symbol: For trade concerns the guild uses this emblem:

Guild Motto: Through industry we prosper

National Bird: The golden eagle, king of the mountains (aquila chrysaetos)

National Flower: The edelweiss, blossom of the highest summits (leontopodium alpinum)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. iscalio. That's very impressive.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How long did that take Iscalio?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The King of Highland wrote:
Wow. iscalio. That's very impressive.

You like it? I have more:

Tinto Regional Coats of Arms

Crom__________________ Morkata

Lampdragon Pass_________ Lion's Maw

Huanan's Keep___________ Toza

Field of Golden Arrows_____ Gor

Sun's Crest_________________ Silver Lake

They mainly feature tools - Tinto is a country of craftsmen after all.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have been busy iscalio, this is all very nice. I think as prefect of Morkata I should adopt the coat of arms into my signature or avatar somehow. This'll probably take scaling down to fit the restrictions on size, methinks.

Great work as usual Pres.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think the contrary, PF. I think he must have had a lot of time on his hands, to make these very well done crests. Kudos to you President Iscalio.

I liked that one of them had a Knife and Fork, and another one a compass :lol: .

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah I prefer to think of iscalio as a hard working president of Tinto, after all we have no time for slackers in the Republic, we're all too busy mining and crafting and mining I suppose. The president is probably more often than not working on the betterment of our nation, he's a good'un.

I take it you meant you liked Gor's crest then, I may be a little biased but I'm kinda keen on Morkata's myself :wink:

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio, what can i say, very impressive work. How did you make those?? Throw a few tips my way if you dont mind.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Bows down before iscalio*

I am in your awe.

*plots stealing similar idea* - of course if you don't mind that is ^_^

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All this praise is certainly sweet, but I actually I didn't make many of these images from scratch. I used graphics and graphemes I found.

Fliktor wrote:
*plots stealing similar idea* - of course if you don't mind that is ^_^

Of course not; it wasn't a special idea to begin with.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

All this praise is certainly sweet, but I actually I didn't make many of these images from scratch. I used graphics and graphemes I found.

So in a nutshell you gathered all the things that might have been included in the crest and put it all together. We still praise you for your creativity :mrgreen:

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
I didn't make many of these images from scratch.

Am I mistaken, or does the coat of arms for Lion's Maw include the keyblade from Kingdom Hearts? It's definitely a "Hidden Mickey" if I've ever seen one.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, these are just normal keys. What is a hidden mickey?
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he means the handle tip of it, it's composed of three circles, the mickey head symbol.

Anyway, very impressive, Lion's Maw is definitely the coolest one though.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

City-States of Jowston would like to submit the following.

1. National Flag.
The six sword helped to show the unity of the six city-states in Jowston. They are Muse, North Window, South Window, Matilda, Greenhill, and Two River City.

2. National Flower.
The yellow daffodil of Jowston. Daffodil represents respect and chivalry, while the yellow color represents unity, which is crucial for City-States of Jowston.

3. National Animal.
The golden babirusa. City-States of Jowston was referred as pigs by former King Luca Blight. We took that idea on board, but added the twist of our own by choosing a different kind of pig as our national animal. The babirusa.

4. National Food.
We choose the orange flavoured chocolate bon-bon as our national food because chocolate is something that everyone should like. With the same taste in food, it would be easier for people to join together and live peacefully with each other.

5. National Artifact.
Though we never really got the chance to clear the names of Genkaku, he was still the hero of the people of City-States of Jowston after the effort done by his adopted son, Riou. When running away from Kyaro, Riou brought a Famous Vase that later on renamed into Genkaku's Vase by the City-States of Jowston members here. We choose to use the vase as our national artifact.

Hopefully all of these are good enough, and other national things might follow in the future.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Eike's Library All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: