Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Advancing National Culture.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Advancing National Culture. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coming up with symbols or or icons representing your nation will be rewarded with a soldier bonus. Things like a national animal, plant, song, etc. will be awarded 500 soldiers. This is a one-time bonus to prevent abuse, so have at it.

A bonus of 250 more soldiers will be awarded if the icon is an original work of a member of the nation, such as an artistic work representing whatever icon the nation deems.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it one time per symbol (one animal, one song, etc) or one time per use, period?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once per symbol. Two specific icons of two similar categories (such as national bird and national mammal) would be considered one symbol, otherwise I'd be giving out tens of thousands of soldiers considering the vast number of categories a national icon could fall under.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the crest of the Miners Guild:

Tinto's national animal is the king of the mountains: the golden eagle. Our national flower is the rare blossom of the highest summits: the edelweiss.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a time limit on this? And I assume that by one time you mean post all the symbols at once, is that right?

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no time-limit.

By one-time only, I meant that a nation can't come up with a new national crest every month. Once a nation deems something as its national whatever, it's stuck with that representative.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I mentioned on the Island Nations board, I think this is a great idea to add some new elements to the usual chat, and do battle scenarios that people usually think of when talk about the nations and such.

Now I think we should also try and come up with different things that could develop the familiarity in the various nations.

Such as each nation has it's own rping area where people develop their characters and personalities and interact within said region. Sort of like a way to interact more with those within the region you're "a part of." Not to mention the possibility of travel to other regions. This National Icon and flags and such are a great idea.

*edited by sybillious to eliminate 'big block of text'*
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any image size limit? Both in pixel and file size that is.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, if your nation leader agrees, you can do almost anything you want on your own nation's board.

As long as it doesn't take me too long to download, there's no real size limit. I have a crappy 56k connection, so something like a 600k file would be too big.

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made a rather silly signature for Harmonia. I'm not too happy with it but until I get inspiration to do a better one, it stays. :D

Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... so taking Tinto(iscalio)'s submittion as an example...

They get 500 for their national animal, 500 for their national flower, 500 for the icon )and 250 for original work?) am I right?

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An extra 250 for any of those, if they're original work. So you could submit those three things and get 750 soldiers for all three, as long as they're presentable.

Of course, what's presentable and what's not is subjective, so it'll be determined solely based on my own judgment.

I've decided on a restriction to the rules. To keep nations from endlessly milking this for soldiers, I'm implementing a maximum of five submissions. They can be whatever you want, but anything past five won't be awarded any soldiers. This is as much to save myself work as it is to keep nations from squeezing all they can out of this. This change affects no one, as iscalio's nation has been the only one so far to submit national icons, so no one's getting screwed here.

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a bit of a question about this.
Now, we get bonuses if its an "original creation," but some of the areas are "national plant/animal/bird." In this case, if we want an "original creation" do we have to make up a new animal/plant/whatever, or would it just be considered an original creation if a county-member drew an original illistration of said animal/plant/ect?
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the second alternative. If a citizen of Tinto would have drawn the golden eagle or the edelweiss, then we would have received the bonus - there's no need to create fantasy animals or flowers, although it is certainly an option.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would unicorns or griffons or any other Suikoden fantasy animals be acceptable? I mean, they are there in the game and might represent the nation very well.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Eike's Library All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: