Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Are the "enable character" codes safe for use?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Are the "enable character" codes safe for use? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only used the "Quick Level Up" codes and the "Quick Skill Point Gain" codes and I'm just wondering if the "Enable Character" codes are safe and won't cause any freezing or general screw-ups in the game. The only ones that seem un-safe are the un-natural ones such as Guillame and Jowy's second sprite (with the sword). The others, such as Jowy's first sprite, Jimba, Lulu, et cetera, seem to be the ones that would be safe to use, but I might as well ask anyway. One combination that seems very un-safe is using the Jowy1 and Jowy2 codes at the same time, especially placing them in the same party. Can anyone who's used both of them at the same time confirm that this won't cause any problems with the game?

Lastly, is there any sort of code (for any of the cheating devices) to enable Odessa and Ted after their respective (and rather short) times on your side?

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm just wondering if the "Enable Character" codes are safe and won't cause any freezing or general screw-ups in the game.

I am not too sure, but i have used codes to get some higher order runes and the ressurrection and blue/pale gate at the star of Suikoden II and when i used them the game freezes, but after i aquire one in the game i can use the others no problem. In other words the game freezes if i try to use something before i can get it normally in the game, so the same could be said for the characters.

Quote:
One combination that seems very un-safe is using the Jowy1 and Jowy2 codes at the same time, especially placing them in the same party. Can anyone who's used both of them at the same time confirm that this won't cause any problems with the game?

There is a couple of gamesaves over on gamefaqs with that set up for Suikoden II. It is at the end of the game though so i can not confirm if it can be used at the start.

Quote:
Lastly, is there any sort of code (for any of the cheating devices) to enable
Odessa and Ted after their respective (and rather short) times on your side?

Again, there is a couple of gamesaves over on gamefaqs with Odessa and Ted in the party.

I am sure if you try over HERE you might find what you are looking for in the forums.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously, the age-old trick to avoid such happenings is to enable the code(s) and save straight away (on a seperate save file) then reset and load up the saved file as normal. Your game should not freeze while you play then, but of course it makes codes like "Quick Level Up" and "Quick Skill Point Gain" inactive.

Then again, I could see the game freezing at a point where all parties members speak a line (like, say, Greenhill) as those characters you've added in will not have lines programmed 99% of the time causing the game to spaz out.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I've already requested the codes for Odessa and Ted without any results. I did find the code to level up everyone quickly without having to use the individual characters' codes for Suikoden One though.

It seems like the only obstacle is using an enable character code before the character would normally be available. However, Guillame is never a combatant and yet people use his code with ease, so that doesn't remain consistent, it seems. Of course, perhaps Guillame's dueling sprite memory address could also double as his normal six-on-six sprite, so that might still be consistent.

Well, I've got the answer I was looking for.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't think Odessa and Ted could be "enabled" because they probably were never added to the add/remove party list.

i've used gameshark to have all characters in Suikoden 2, (except King Jowy and "Millie w/out Bonaparte", and i don't think i found codes for Borus or Ridley). Kiba, Nanami, regular Jowy, all 4 beasts (you can also add Chuchura or just walk into the port area to see that scene and recruit him), Valeria and Kasumi. it doesn't freeze the game up but Valeria and Kasumi do occupy the same space in some events, and one talks first, then the other. heh. I never do it early to cause problems such as having characters and seeing if i can bring them to Greenhill on the student mission.

in Suikoden 3, i added Jimba and Lulu at the end of one of my games... i actually didn't check if they have dialogue in places where characters are forced to speak (like facing Luc). hmmmm
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

in Suikoden 3, i added Jimba and Lulu at the end of one of my games... i actually didn't check if they have dialogue in places where characters are forced to speak (like facing Luc). hmmmm

Yes, they have dialogue. Even Luc, Sarah and Yuber have some lines when you force them in your party. They talk while going to the Sindar Ruins, before the final battle with Luc, after it's over, etc.
However, it's just random stuff like "hey, let's go" and things like that. It's not that Luc goes and says "I'm here to stop myself!"
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

don't think Odessa and Ted could be "enabled" because they probably were never added to the add/remove party list.

But there has to be some value to add them to your party. The game itself needs a value to tell it they are in your party normally, doesn't it? It's just a matter of finding what that value is.

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i don't know how to modify "current party members" though, just "recruited characters"
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When using the "Rune Modifier" codes, how would it work if I placed a weapon only rune (such as Hunter) on Riou's forehead slot? I don't see the codes to place a rune on the weapon anywhere.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It won't say "weapon Rune modifier." The code will be called "Rune modifier"

The code for Riou is 300698A6 ????.

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought those were the codes, but I wasn't quite sure. Thanks Wataru!

Actually, one more question: there's four ?s, but only two digits. How would I insert 2 digits with four empty fields?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just use 00 for the first two digits.

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For enabling Jowy, what are the seperate codes to enable one or the other? At the Codebreaker site all they have listed is a "Jowy 1/2 ?" code.

Also, with Suikoden III's character overwrite codes, how does that work? If I were to remove special people from my party (such as Luc), would he then be available to place in my party whenever I want to without having to go back and put the code back in every time. Assuming that works, what happens to the person that's replaced? Are they gone forever until you change 'em back? With Luc, Sarah, and Yuber's rune slots, what's in those? Are they blank, or do they come with their respective True Wind, Flowing, and Eight-devil runes? The same question for various enable character codes throughout the series, actually. Like, Valeria, Kasumi and the beasts, you know.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In III I don't know. In SII, enabling Kasumi and the beasts puts them in your lineup to add to your party with Leona. Just do it after you've made your choice between Kasumi and Valeria or the game will freeze when you get there. If you enable both, the game willd efault to Valeria. Even though Kasumi will speak (if you chose her) Valeria's sprite will appear and her unit will be usable in battle. Enabling Jowy, does not stick him in your party. He goes on the character list at Leona's at the end and can be added to your party normally. He looks like Jowy 1 but there are some abnormalities. I don't remember what they are, since I reset right away because I was afraid he would crash my game. Once he's in he may be locked (since Joey is always locked when he's in your party) or you may be able to remove him. If you can, it may crash the game. Again, I've never tried it.

I prefer "Walk though Walls" for level up. From the mercenary fort you can enter North Sparrow Pass, go past Kyaro into Tenzan Pass, and then go through into Highland. Sajah is open to you but going to L'Renouille crashes the game. It's kinda tricky getting into Tenzan Pass, also.

Ah, fun with Sharking...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With regards to Suikoden III, if you add a character to the party that is not in your tavern list, they can only be put back into your party by reactivating the code. That means Luc, Yuber, Sarah, and Albert can only ever be added to your party with codes, since they can't appear in the tavern. Other characters will be available in the tavern to add back into the party. That includes Lulu (the Karayan kid that starts the game with Hugo, I think that's his name), and Wyatt's alter-ego, provided you've used either their individual recruit character codes or a recruit all characters code to get them back on the roster after they "leave".

If you replace a character that ordinarily appears in your tavern list, they will be in the tavern list when you view it. I'm not sure what you mean by "gone forever until you add them back". Replaced characters will no longer be in your party unless you put them back in it. If you replace Luc and his crew by any means, including codes, they are "gone forever", unless you use a code to put them back in the party.

Luc and his crew are stored in memory along side all the other characters, along with their equipment and stats. Depending on what phase of the game you are in, their stats may be slightly different when you add them to the party (I don't remember exactly), and they will have whatever equipment and runes they are supposed to have when you put them in your party, including the Flowing Rune and the Eight-Devil Rune. I don't recall if changes you make to their equipment are permanent once they are removed from your party, but if you level them up significantly, their stats remain, and the battles you have with them become more challenging, if I remember right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: