Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lulu-Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forget, who was ressurected in Suikoden 2?
Sure Chris--> Yun could work but its not like they were good old friends they just meet, I don't know how close she was to Chris other than that she saw the whole cermoney to be horrbley wrong, she just was shocked I guess for a fellow woman dying for "somthing that she dosen't belive could work".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the good ending, Jowy nearly dies, but the power of the bright shield rune saves/heals him, I think. And since Jowy is running around with Riou and Nanami in Suikogaiden, then it does likely mean the Suikoden II good ending is canon.

Edit: Yes, the Nanami thing is true, too. *doh*

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD

Last edited by Sophita on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami fake her death is done correctly, if not she really dies I thought.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO maybe we should put it to a vote on who suikox would most like to see return. Before I make a faulted poll please help validate my options. This is in this thread because its now become less about Lulu in specific and more about resurections missing from Suikoden 3.

Who would you like to see brought back from the grasp of death from Suikoden 3?
-Lulu
-Wyatt Lightfellow/Jimba
-Chief Zepon
-Yun
-Flame Champion(Should I even include this?)
-Luc
-Sarah

Dont vote here, I'm planning on making it a new topic. Unless it's not worth it. O well, just didn't want to make another poll missing some options (Dynasty Warriors: Favorite Faction).

Is it just me or did Siukoden 3 have a lot of death? Thats why none of the characters seemed wasted, they all had jobs in the castle and if they didn't, they were killed off. Cutting off the dead weight, haha :lol: . I didn't see nearly as many deaths in SIV as opposed to SIII. I mean Glen was like the only one since we're not completely sure Elanor and Cray died. It even resurrected a character. Ramada(I think that was his name) was made to lead us to believe that he was dead, when he dramatically came back. So really, Suikoden 3 is the only one without a real resurection of a character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'ld leave out the last 3. The Flame Champion was hardly in it, although was the focal point. Luc, and Sarah die in the end. So they really don't count either. Besides they are the bad guys.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron- don't forget that in the good ending of S4, the Hero is resurected :P

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I'ld leave out the last 3. The Flame Champion was hardly in it, although was the focal point. Luc, and Sarah die in the end. So they really don't count either. Besides they are the bad guys.

I know that some would be disappointed not to see them in the game. They aren't really "bad" completely either. Sure, their means don't equate to their means but if you look at what Luc was trying to do you see that he was really not meaning anyone harm unless they got in his way. It's not like he was hunting people down or anything evil like that. He was more misguided than truly out-and-out evil.

Krawnik, you have a point and past games have shown that the perfect ending is usually the canon ending.

Last edited by Acheron on Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm.. Yeah. I'd say leave Luc and Sarah in. If you love suikoden, you know Luc is awesome. He was just driven mad by the images the True Wind Rune showed him and hwent nuts.

Oh and YES, Luc did intend on killing many people, innocent people. In the scene after Luc takes the True Fire rune from Hugo by Brass castle, Hugo questions Luc's motives. Caesar interjects saying that Luc wants to destroy the runes thus denying the power of God and that the destruction of people was Luc's plan. Luc referred to the existance of people as prisoners with invisible leashes that are attached to the true runes.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Oh and YES, Luc did intend on killing many people, innocent people. In the scene after Luc takes the True Fire rune from Hugo by Brass castle, Hugo questions Luc's motives. Caesar interjects saying that Luc wants to destroy the runes thus denying the power of God and that the destruction of people was Luc's plan. Luc referred to the existance of people as prisoners with invisible leashes that are attached to the true runes.

What I was trying to convey is that in Luc's mind, what he was doing was for the greater good.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 wrote:
Quote:

What I was trying to convey is that in Luc's mind, what he was doing was for the greater good.
That's been argued alot on other threads, we can't tell what was going on in his mind, so we'll really never know for sure.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 wrote:
Quote:

So was Hitler. Just because he was doing it for a justified reason in his mind didn't make it a non-evil act. Luc knew it was going to kill a lot of people and he didn't care, in his mind he was freeing them from the True Runes prison. But in actuality he was just plain ol' flat out killing them.

Hitler wasn't the best example but just because someone is justified in their mind something is correct doesn't mean that its not an evil act. I think the message you are saying is that Luc isn't trying to be like Luca Blight in his will to kill. He doesn't want to be savage like him. But the end justifies the means and By what Luc planned on doing would be far far worse than all the heinous acts Luca brought upon Ryube, Toto and Muse. His plan was to intentionally blow up the Grasslands, Zexen and parts of Harmonia. That to me is evil, and there's no justifying that, no matter how insane the True Wind Rune made Luc.

Earthquake, If you play through all of the game and Luc's scenario at the end, he is quite vocal about his thoughts and explains his actions more than once. By this, I can judge what was going through his mind. He was obviously not well minded because Yuber wanted to help him. Yuber stands for all that is chaotic and evil, he goes where he can hurt and kill the most people. Luc fought against him twice and learned this, thus sought him out and employed him. He hired a Silverberg to plan this entire thing out, from his past endeavours with Toran and Dunan, he learned how smart the Silverburgs are and knew that their service is invaluable. Lastly, he got a sorceress who knew magics far greater than those of common man to assist him in this maniacal plot, fooled her into thinking he cared for her to get her to do his every whim. This was a very well thought out and calculated attempt to kill millions of people. We know now exactly what Luc wanted and it was to kill himself along with 3 nations.

One could argue that it was not really Luc himself but it was the visions of the True Wind Rune that drove him to insanity. This could be true, b ut this doesn't replace the fact he had every intention of killing those people.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, everytime someone is even slightly evil, everyone has to go all up the wall with the freaking Hitler references.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Evil is as evil does. BUT he is a topic for another thread also. He should be on my forbiden topic list. My grandparents grew up in Germany during world war 2, so...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: