Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

This Is So Uncool
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: This Is So Uncool Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://andykaufmanreturns.blogspot.com/

There is a guy pretending to be Andy Kaufman returning from the dead. This guy is such a scumbag, how can he have such a lack of respect for the dead? This is just pathetic. I hope Andy's family sues this guy for all he's worth, what a douche bag.

And no, it's not real. Andy Kaufman really is dead, he's not coming back. If it really was Andy Kaufman, he'd reveal it in a much more extravagent manner than starting a BLOG and releasing a PHONY press release. The press release he sent out was from PRWeb, which is a free service that will release ANY press release from ANYBODY, I mean look at this one: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/5/prweb127005.htm

It's really sad that someone as great as Andy Kaufman can't even Rest in Peace nowadays.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's terrible. This man doesn't deserve to use Kaufman's name, and I agree with you, his family should sue. There have been a lot of assclowns like this guy appearing in the 'net news this year.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one will take him seriously, chill out.
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
Wow, that's terrible. This man doesn't deserve to use Kaufman's name, and I agree with you, his family should sue. There have been a lot of assclowns like this guy appearing in the 'net news this year.

Yeah !! Thats not right! He's being werid! Nobody will take him seriously !!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may suck being from the UK, but who's Andy Kaufman? That the guy Jim Carrey played in the Man from the Moon?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Exactly. It's probably just a joke. But some people see it as something else.

Would you react the same way if someone said they were Jesus in the same fashion?
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leo wrote:

Thats right, dont take what he said seriously. it may be a joke :roll:

But...........sorry about my ignorance.........

...........Who the hell is Andy Kaufman? ^^;;
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"There is a guy pretending to be Elvis Presley returning from the dead. This guy is such a scumbag, how can he have such a lack of respect for the dead? This is just pathetic. I hope Elvis' family sues this guy for all he's worth, what a douche bag."

See how much you're overreacting? It's not very kind, no, but it's not exactly sickening.

Plus, Kaufman wasn't very funny. Tony Clifton, however, was comical genius.
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaufman was not trying to be funny. He just wants to play with the heads. He pushed the boundaries of good taste and audience tolerance by blurring the lines between being a person and an artist.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He pushed boundaries to make himself laugh, sure, but I know his SNL appearances weren't just for his own amusement. If Kaufman came back from the dead, he would try to get some people to laugh. Namely, the people who didn't weep when they heard of his death.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andy Kaufman was a comedian/composer in the 1970's - You can see him on Taxi reruns and some of the very early Saturday Night Live episodes. He was primarily a psychological comedian - his whole purpose was basically, to mind#%# the audience. He died of Lung Cancer in 1984 at 35 but a lot of people believed he would come back; he supposedly told his friends to expect him back 20 years after he died (which would be this year). However, most people agree that it was just a joke and he is very much dead and this is most definately a hoax.

I can't believe how much press this topic is getting when it seems to be so obviously a hoax. Even Snopes weighed in on this topic.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaufman would have announced he was back the moment he supposedly died, too. This guy did it the next day.
Pasius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know some people may take this guy's blog offensively, but I really don't think they intend to come off as serious. I really wish I could find the link, because the Darth Vader blog I found was hilarious.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. Anybody who would pose as someone back from the dead should be beat handily by the family of the person he's pretending to be. People like that have no respect for the dead and are of the lowest form of humanity there is.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What a scum bag, how can he pretend to be somebody that's dead? did his mother not teach him to respect the dead?

...oh i love him dearly...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: