Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kooluk and Kanakan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is all so interesting. I remember hearing of Kanakan in the first 2 games somewhere, but its been too long for me to pinpoint. And Kooluk is somewhat new to me probably because I've gotten only an hour or 2 into IV.

From what I've read, I think the most plausible explanation is that Kanakan is a region of Kooluk, just as Window is a reigon of Jowston, or Amur Plains is a region of Grasslands. There isn't evidence stricly pointing to it, but there isn't a whole lot of evidence concerning that reigion in the first place.

What we know:
Kooluk is north of Island Nations and South of SME/Toran.
Kanakan is north of Island Nations and south of SME/Toran.
Kooluk is an Empire
Kanakan is a Region
Kooluk and Kanakan appear to occupy similar space.

Thus if Kanakan is only a region, its a fair assuption that is smaller than an empire, and that if they are in the same space, its safe to say the smaller fits into the larger.

For clarity.. I'll use real world substitutions. For each of the Suiko places substitute our places into the what we know above.

Island Nations = Mexico
SME/Toran = Canada
Kooluk = USA
Kanakan = Texas

USA is north of Mexico and south of Canada.
Texas is north of Mexico and south of Canada.
USA is an Empire
Texas is a Region
USA and Texas appear to occupy similar space.

Supposing you knew NOTHING of our geography, if you were to map it out, the fairest assuption to be made would be that Texas is somewhere inside the United States.

This is my best guess, placed upon the facts in which you all have given. The fact really is none of us know for certain anything of these places except what SARS stated that Kanakan is a reigon. And what has been said in the games, kooluk is an empire. Everything else is, well.. conjecture.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I drew Kooluk and pointed out the place were i think Kanakan is

Here it is: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/suikoman_/img002.jpg

I hope this sheds a little light on this theory probaly not though.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be, we just don't know.

Nice map by the way!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is interesting stuff here.

Last edited by Lonelion on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All i can say here is that Kolook and Kanakan are two different places cause of these reasons.

1) Elenor Silverberg said that it would be good to give her wine from Kanakan when she joins you. This can't be Kolook because thats the state in which your army is at war in at that time.

2) In Suikoden 5, Logg and Haleth were dealing and Logg was able to get wine from Kanakan into your headquarters. This can't be from Kolook because i don't know where Kolook could be from Felena to get the wine.

All i could say about Kanakan is that i believe it may be located west of Felana which would make it easier for Belcoot to come back to Felena to compete in the sacred games. Maybe we will find out more about Kanakan in future Suikoden games.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: