Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kooluk and Kanakan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it was that -he- said he was from Kanakan, and that Richmond said the Island Nations. Let us know what you find though, since I don't have Suikoden II data set up at all right now. And I'm way too busy with Suikoden III to try anything out in Suikoden II :)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fairly certain Amada never brings up Kanakan. If he said he was from the Island Nations, and Kanakan specifically, there wouldn't be debates as to what exactly Kanakan is-- a town, a country, a pub?
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I plan to re-play Suikoden II, so, I suppose I'll check on that. But, I also don't remember it.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
I'm fairly certain Amada never brings up Kanakan. If he said he was from the Island Nations, and Kanakan specifically, there wouldn't be debates as to what exactly Kanakan is-- a town, a country, a pub?

I'm not sure I follow you. If he said he's from Kanakan, it doesn't change the fact that we don't know exactly what it is - although, I suppose it wouldn't be a pub if he said that's where he's from. Perhaps he simply mentioned it at some point? All I know is that I've had the thought of Amada being from Kanakan in my head for a long time; it's gotta have come from -somewhere.-
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Past mentions of Kanakan had always have something to do with liquor. That's how it appeared in Elenor's lines, and Viktor also made such references when he had his last toast with Anabelle in Muse.

The place was mentioned as having some sort of ruins in Killey and Lorelai's endings. Richmond's investigations also revealed that both Hoi and Templeton came from Kanakan, "far south of the Toran republic".

I can't find any mention of it in III.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bad news guys - I generally recruit Tai Ho at the point where you need someone to steer a boat, but I forgot for this save I recruited Amada because I wanted to see the alternate dialogue. So unfortunately I already have Amada and I don't have a save where he's recruitable after all. :(

I can confirm that Richmond says NOTHING about Kanakan in his investigations though, just the Island Nations.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought so about the Richmond thing. And, it's too bad about the save. But, even then, I doubt things would be cleared up. They need to just release an official map of the world with places listed and everything. That would peak curious I'm sure and be a good promotional item.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kanakan is a "region" to the south of Toran, according to the encyclopedia.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If only Kooluk was an anagram of Kanakan...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow, I doubt Templeton would have been said to have come from Kanakan if Kanakan is only a bar ^_^

If it's officially a "region" now, it unfortunately doesn't clear up the question of for which nation it is a region. It could be independent, or it could be a region in Kooluk, or any number of other such things. Back to square one, it seems :|
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The suggestion of a bar was in jest (I actually stole that from one of Sars Ad-Minh's earlier comments on Kanakan). There was enough evidence to support the idea that Kanakan was at least a town.

I like to believe that Kanakan is not autonomous, but rather just a region controlled by Kooluk or whoever.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps it was originally under Kooluk's control, but later gained its independence, as we never heard any mention of the Empire during I-II-III's timeframe.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really cannot imagine Kanakan being a region solely used to make liquor (must be a really sad place... or happy to some :lol: )...

I have played all the games in sequence very recently and i am 90% sure Amada said nothing about coming from Kanakan or the Island Nations. It is only from Richmond that we found out the origins of him: The Island Nations (off topic for a while, is it just me, or does he have a strange resemblance to Shiramine??)

South of Toran include areas such as Kooluk, Kanakan, Island Nations and the Queendom of Falena. So far the only place that best co-encides with Kanakan is Kooluk. It can't be in The Island Nations, as we have already explored them, and there is no trace of wine anywhere.

It is true that Elenor mentioned that she got her wine from Kanakan, but since the north of the ocean is kooluk, and south is Falena, It can only be either one, but I really can't see People in Dunan and Grasslands importing Wine from clear across the ocean... It will take ages for the next shipment to come :)
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actua;;y, those Wines which were traded in Jowston/Dunan were supposedly of Kanakan origin.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Actua;;y, those Wines which were traded in Jowston/Dunan were supposedly of Kanakan origin.
That is why I said it can't be near Falena and is around the Kooluk region...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: