Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm from Zexen - No, I'm not a traitor :P -, but I voted for the Queendom of Falena.

It's not only because Suikoden V is one of my favourite RPGs up till now, but for very similiar reasons to LostAddict. I like the whole idea of having a woman in power. Sometimes I think it's too typical to have men become the rulers of everything, so Falena was unique in that sense.

That, and the senate, and the civil wars it breeds. It's a mix of many things.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Katana. I am just a sucker for those blademasters. My only problem is with it's poor strategic location. It will be attacked from so many sides.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Katana's location in the Suikoden series remains unknown, so it's impossible to say its strategical location is poor.

Suikox's location of Katana does not reflect on Katana's position in the Suikoden world.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

le sigh..the voting is over, I however would have cast my Vote for the Queendom. They have a rich history and a truely awesome rune to go along with it. I was loath to see Konami spoil the place with it's weak enemy (Godwins) and the pathetic struggle that made up the game. However, the place does have some very sweet elements - queens knights, raftfleet, ties to the Island Nations, the introduction of two new nations, and some sweet SOD's to boot. The game could have been better, the but Falena of old was extreamly pimp. Not to mention the plethora of good lookin women in the place, what's not there to love? Highland would have been my second pick. The SME was just too crowded; with dragons, dwarves, elves, ninja's, 'etc...

I don't know enough about Harmonia, Zelant, Naegera, Katana, 'etc to comment on the places - I can only speak intellegently about the nations we've had access to. Just my two-cents I suppose.

My hometown of Jowston was also a very sweet place but kind of empty, the reverse problem that SME had, and the grasslands was kind of dead too.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ardPSiKo wrote:
Katana's location in the Suikoden series remains unknown, so it's impossible to say its strategical location is poor.

Suikox's location of Katana does not reflect on Katana's position in the Suikoden world.

It doesn't, but it is possible. ferrouslupusrex, we know Katana exists, we just don't know where in Suikoden. Maybe one day we'll find out.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Katana is north of Black Dragon isle, though the EXACT location is not yet given (that is no label yet to the land mass where it is located) but it might very well be the Banana shaped island near Black Dragon Isle because it makes perfect sense geographically, it being near the water way going to the toran and dunan lakes. Hence why Genshu reached Coronet.

There was an article about this after the release of Suikoden 3 in the official Konami website that is if I recall correctly. I recall that the article discussed why the sudden change of presentation from 2d to 3d and what awaits the Suiko series. This was one of the very first hints that suikoden was to happen near the island nations. Dont ask me if I have the links because apparently google no longer directs you to the correct page and the other search results are not helpful at all.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Katana is north of Black Dragon isle, though the EXACT location is not yet given (that is no label yet to the land mass where it is located) but it might very well be the Banana shaped island near Black Dragon Isle because it makes perfect sense geographically, it being near the water way going to the toran and dunan lakes. Hence why Genshu reached Coronet.

You are really going to have to find us an article backing that up for me to believe you.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
It doesn't, but it is possible. ferrouslupusrex, we know Katana exists, we just don't know where in Suikoden. Maybe one day we'll find out.

So Katana actually exists? I thought you made it up yourself, Hayashi!*laugh* Was there ever any information on a Shogunate of Katana in any of the Suikodens? I don't recall ever hearing of it and I'm fairly familiar with the series.

Last edited by Splendid Monkey on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun's Vicegerent wrote:
I'm from Zexen - No, I'm not a traitor :P -, but I voted for the Queendom of Falena.

It's not only because Suikoden V is one of my favourite RPGs up till now, but for very similiar reasons to LostAddict. I like the whole idea of having a woman in power. Sometimes I think it's too typical to have men become the rulers of everything, so Falena was unique in that sense.

That, and the senate, and the civil wars it breeds. It's a mix of many things.

I'm with you on that. It was different, it intrigued me, and I fell in love with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splendid Monkey wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:

So Katana actually exists? I thought you made it up yourself, Hayashi!*laugh* Was there ever any information on a Shogunate of Katana in any of the Suikodens? I don't recall ever hearing of it and I'm fairly familiar with the series.

Vextor discovered it from one of the short stories released about Suikoden. It is never mentioned in the games, but it is the country where Genshu and Hazuki come from.

More information on it here: http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8902&start=0
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splendid Monkey wrote:

It's not even known if Katana is really a Shogunate anyway, nor is it known what the country's true name is. All that is known is that the country is known for its sharp blades, and that it is where Genshu and Hazuki came from. Not much is really known about Katana, so that probably is all the information we currently have about the country.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, pretty much what Ryusei said. Also, ferrouspulusrex's info is wrong.
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Queendom of Falena- cause they reminded me a lot of the romain empire. cause they have a strong or what looks like a strong army. they have a very strong trade with other counties. they have a quenn and stuff so I say I will go with the Quenndom of Falena.

next would be the common wealth of zexen- cause zexen is a wierd nation you know you do not have to born a noble to become a knight and in other nation you have to born a noble to become a knight. But in Zexen you can work you're way though the cain of command.

After the Common wealth of zexen would be grassland- cause in grassland anything can happen. you can wear a dress and run though the open plains and no body will care.

After grassland it will be tinto- cause they have the way cute Lilly Pendragon as something plush I think that tinto has a strong Navy.

After that I think it will be island nation- cause there the Island nation and they have that way cute play girl and since I live in the Queendom I can just hope in my ship and go to the island nation.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I choose Falena, my characters homeland. With a great queen and strong Queen's Knights are her side they are just awesome.

One reason I enjoy suikoden 5 so much is the setting, ever since I saw the name Queendom of Falena I thought "that sounds cool". So much has happened there too with the sucession war, Nether Gate, Sun Rune War, Sindar Explorers etc.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose the Grasslands due to their eclectic mix of cultures, but I also really liked SME/Toran (we don't see enough of it, but I'm sure Toran is better than SME) and New Armes. For Toran, I just like the land, it is set up rather nicely and is quite pretty, I think. For Armes, I like he whole tribe and tribal council theme and the characters are generally interesting, even the bad and annoying ones (I'm looking at you Jidan and Maha!).

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: