Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say the Queendom of Falena for me because out of all the Suikoden games i have played, it is in this region that i am able to find two Huge towns (Sol Falena, Stormfist), establish a base in one of the most secret places (Ceras Lake) and to find many interesting non human creatures such as beavers, elves, dwarves, and dragon horses.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always had a soft spot for the Empire - and not just because of my nation.

Suikoden was my first Suiko game, so I really got to love that old Empire. I liked the five generals and all the other imperial officers in the game (Valeria, Humphrey, Griffith to name a few), it's rich history involving the Sovereign War, and how the Emperor wasn't really corrupt, just manipulated. I was really used to Emperors being evil and being double crossed by their second command. Well that happened here, but Barbarossa was never evil to begin with.

Although some of the diversity was generic (fantasy races shoved in one corner, dragon knights in this corner, and shoot here's some ninjas too), it continues to be the game that always has characters in other games. In Suikoden III you got some more Dragon Knights for instance, Suikoden IV made an enemy out of a former member of the Empire, and Suikoden V even gave us some Maximillian Knights. Good fun all around.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me i would hafe to say Dunan because they have the Knights and i love Knights rule

Falena is my second because lots of the people and places seem from Japan and i love japan
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Grassland's structure alot. The villages aren't large enough that one tries to conquer others, and they mostly keep to themselves.

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I am a parto f the City-States of Jowston, I must say that is not the reason why Dunan is my favorite, it just makes me be happier that I am a part of this glorious. Suikoden 2 was my first RPG ever and the fascination by the country itself and it0s diversity is still very strong today.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Dunan. I like its history and my fav character came from Dunan, Viktor haha
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grasslands was my choice.

The Grasslands system was just so good for me..we have knights here, lizards there and hey talking ducks almost everywhere.

Basically, I love the characters from the Grasslands and domain wise the Grasslands just seem to present a decent look for me(all grass). That and the Grasslands war just seem to interest me(Grasslands vs Tinto)(Zeven vs "Grassies")(etc)

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
phoenixflame

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I had to go for Dunan, as it was the first one of the series that I played, although the queendom comes a very close second! It's a shame there's no undecided button :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LostAddict

59273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Queendom of Falena, although Grasslands came in a close second.

Suikoden V was my favourite game of the series, which is the main reason why I chose it. Firstly, I think Raftfleet was probably one of the most interesting, unique towns in a video game ever. I don't think I've ever seen another game with the concept of a team that is made of tons of rafts that flow with the rivers of the nation. The whole idea behind it really interested me.

Secondly, I liked the Queendom aspect of it. It's very rare for a woman to find a position of power, and I just found it very unique that women were given all the power. It was an interesting premise that I really believe payed-off. Furthermore, the whole politics of the senate, and the warring families added an element of diversity that created a big political aspect to the land.

Finally, it had some very interesting cultures that were unique and interesting. The Beavers, a bit comical, but an interesting race. The dragon horses, and such.

Grasslands comes in a close second because the whole politics behind it interested me, a freeland for those not regularly accepted. And you couldn't help but feel for them, I mean, everyone's always fighting them, trying to take their land, and they never gave up and continued to fight. The Karayan, Duck, Lizard and Alma Kinan clans had very interesting towns (and it's nice to think those were just the "major" towns of those races), and Le Buque, which used to be part of it, were a very interesting culture. I just wish we got to see the Safir Clan, they could have been another unique culture. Chisha Clan was nice, although, not incredibly interesting, but I still liked them.

I can't wait for the next Suikoden just to see the next country!
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Nation of Harmonia. It just sounds like the perfect place for me and I liked the thought of civilization.
Yeah, disregarding countless civil wars and stuff.

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the heck no Kooluk?
What kind of favorite nation poll doesn't have frickin Kooluk?
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What the heck no Kooluk?
What kind of favorite nation poll doesn't have frickin Kooluk?

I think it's because Kooluk is gone by the times of Suikoden 1. I dunno.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This topic was created a long time ago, and probably needs a bit of an update to add nations like Zelant, Katana, Gaien, Nagarea and of course - Kooluk.

EDIT: In fact I may as well add those to the poll.
Conscience

Children of Zohar

9777 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite would be the Scarlet Moon Empire, for pretty much the same reasons as Masa.
After all this is where the suikoden series started, it just makes me think about the good old times when I played Suikoden for the first time, eventhough some other interesting countries have come up with the other Suikodens, I still like Empire the best so far.
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would vote for the Island Nation Federation. I just love the towns of obel and middleport. And I feel that the trade in that nation is more lively with the ships, the ports, and the islands. I feel that the Island Nations is more in touch with nature, and when I imagined it. It gives me a sense of peace. Only the forest village back in Dunan is inclined with the nature other than the INF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: