Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: What is your favourite nation? *Revamped* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought this was an interesting question, and since the last one was closed, I`ll make a new one. Hopefully this version makes more sense and won`t need to be closed. :)

I`ll list the nations from north to south. I`ll include some nations that doesn`t exist any more, too. Oh, and I changed my mind and went with Highland this time. Feel free to give reasons for your choices, too.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Harmonia, man. We haven't even been to Harmonia too awful much, but I love it. It's so... official, you know.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's great to see that someone added Falena to this poll.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Highland, most Badass generals, along with a decent power stuggle story going behind the scenes.

The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia is a close second, when I saw the brief glimpses of the Circle Palace in SIII I almost faint... I hope we get to see a Suikoden set in Crystal Valley, its big enough to encompass an entire game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Horai, the Nameless Lands is in this one! ((Thought I actaully think that the Northern Outlands is part of the Nameless Lands and not an alternate name. I could be wrong...and I don't think you can edit it, so it doesn't matter))
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena of course, but not just because it is my nation. It is also a very mysterious place and I like mystery, so it is my favorite.

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i would have to say that the Queendom of Falena is (sorry Scarlet Moon....*tear*)! first who's heard of a Queendom?? that's crazy and rare within history soooo i think that it's good that the suikoden world has one. Killey and Goerg Prime are from there hahah and killed the queen!!wo wo!! and the queen has assassins!! what the!! that's crazy ahahhaha yep just overall great nation o and that we have not much more info than that....mystery is always fun!

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the Queendom of Falena is my home nation, I felt a certain obligation to vote for it as my favourite. But how could you not love a nation which is home to fabulous works of art and literature about pineapples?

If I am to choose from the nations as we know them from the games, then I will stick by my original choice from the original poll, which was a tie between the Toran Republic and the Jowston City-States (Dunan). I'm quite nostalgic that way.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
I'd have to say Highland, most Badass generals, along with a decent power stuggle story going behind the scenes.

The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia is a close second, when I saw the brief glimpses of the Circle Palace in SIII I almost faint... I hope we get to see a Suikoden set in Crystal Valley, its big enough to encompass an entire game.

Get yourself 1000 soldiers and come join us in Highland! :)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll go with Holy Harmonia since the nation is so mysterious.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now this is a better poll. Again, I went with Highland.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to go with the Northern Outland/Nameless Lands since they seem the most mysterious and almost absolutely nothing is known about them.

And what kind of name is 'Nameless Lands' exactly? A name given to a once Sacred land or a once Holy place? Or a name given to a place that holds a deep secret? or of great power? or of a once great race that is now forgotten?

I have a hunch that the finale will be there; the return back to the Nameless lands...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Queendom of Falena, dur! How could you not love the mysterious nation that spawned Killey, Lorelai, Georg, Morgan, and pineapples? A nation that allows its members to be rootin'-tootin' gladiatorian-assasinatin'-burocratin' members is truly the place to be. (Should you not be in the Queendom of Falena, and you want to be, so long as you can buy the immigration permit we'd be happy to have you!)

It truly fills my heart with glee to see the Queendom get so many votes. <3 We're number one! Whoo!

I must confess, though, that I love Harmonia just as much. (Should you also post on Harmonia Online...*grin*) Most of my non-falenian favs are from there (I love the gunners...and the destroyers...and dios, the sexy...oh! and sasarai...and likely Hikusaak :p) and it's such an interesting nation. Theocracy is interesting.

Honorable second goes to the Grasslands. I just find them an interesting/varied place, plus I like how they have such large plains of grass. Reminds me of home. ^_^

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

call me old fashioned, but I like Toran. It had a bit of everything - Dragons, Kobolds, Elves, Dwarves, Vampires...

granted they expanded the races and elaborated on a lot of things in the subsequent games, but I dunno, you can't beat a classic I guess.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite nation isn't listed there technically. I love Jowston the most, but I guess I have to vote for Dunan instead.

The reason is the city-states system. Yes, they seem to be fighting each other, bickering from one to another, and have verbal arguments rather than supporting each other to strengthen the nation. But it's also very realistic in my opinion, people tend to disagree than to agree when they are "separated but united" like that.

Then comes the characters that were involved on Jowston's side in the Dunan Unification War (well basically all the 108 SoDs and the extra squirrels). They are just marvelous and I don't think I "hate" one of them at all, probably dislike some, but not enough to hate them. Honorable mention would include the delicious krakens, the mighty iron chef, sneaky investigator, knife-thrower who happened to have a tarot card reader sister and a fire (eater/spitter?) brother, the girl with funky clothes alongside with her magical pet to sleep in, etc. Simply a whole bunch of great and full of fun characters.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: