Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most annoying character to recruit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rita!
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Travis in Suikoden 4. I HATE that Obel ruins... 2 times in and out... not good..
Wolfheart

Midnight Howl

39338 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, I'm just replaying 4 and got Travis, so yeah... that guy is a REAL PAIN. I mean, you go in there and ask for his strength... I don't know him, who's that guy anyway, what's he doing there. And making me use that escape talisman and get back all the way? OK if he had some cool backstory and if I had REAL reason to want him in my army (apart from wanting to complete my roster).
I'll go with Travis then. Oh, and Sairoh from Suikoden 5 too. That old geezer that makes me travel the whole start of the game fully loaded with salt, desperately waiting for the price to skyrocket...

In Potch We Trust
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah.... Sairohs recruitment is piece of cake... the only think I dislike is the randomized period of time when the prices become higher or lower.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Travis? I had a great deal of a headache because of him, since I didn't bring in an Escape Talisman the first time around, so I had to go get one, and then come in again, and then I had to use the Escape Talisman, and then I had to go in again. Yes, you can only imagine.

The most troublesome people to recruit by game would be:

Suikoden 1: Crowley. Given that you most likely wouldn't be able to find him unless you already knew his location beforehand or you were especially inquisitive, he could easily be the hardest to find.
Objectively speaking, Clive would also be one of my pet peeves. Each time I played Suikoden, he always took somewhere around forever to appear. I hated that a lot.
Leon was also annoying, especially since I missed him once when I was too late to recruit him!

Suikoden 2: There's simply no contest for me, it's got to be Mazus! I got stuck in the stupid cavern for about an hour and I wasted so much additional time trying to get to him.
The other one would be Anita, because I had no idea what to do to recruit her. I got lucky on my first game, but I had to choose Valeria to get her in the second, which automatically meant that I had to wait a long time to get Mondo and Sasuke.

Suikoden 3: As a minor annoyance, I'd rate Hortez VII for myself. Seeing him get lost so many times eventually got onto my nerves.

Suikoden 4: Travis may have been a real pain, but no one suits that title more than Snowe. Was anyone else hard to recruit? Well, miss said person and you miss Snowe.
A honorable goes to the four missable characters in Suikoden 4, with those two Nay Kobolds topping the list because there was just the slightest time frame to get them.

Suikoden 5: Anyone who's easily missable. *Twitch* Made me panic whole game through, and I was especially worried when I thought I had missed out on that guy who was hunting Sagiri (Nakula?).

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh.. you're talking about detective Oboro. Ah yes, this will complicate things when you don't help him during his investigation. Whatever you do, KEEP STICKING AROUND WHEN HE ASKS YOU!!!. So.... after the investigation, you play some story and after your HQ moves from Rainwall to Raftfleet you will be able to recruit him! If you miss Oboro... then that means a HARD penalty => a real pain in the ass! You won't be able to recruit:

-Shigure = joins with Oboro
-Fuyo = joins with Oboro
-Sagiri = joins with Nakula => you need Oboro
-Nakula = you need Oboro. latest point of recruitment is after the Liberation of Sable
-Raven = you need Oboro for him.
-and Oboro himself = look above and then below.

You have time till the new queen's campaign! After the new queen's campaign he will be gone forever...

just my 2 potch
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who was that thief with bulging eye in suiko 1? Krin right? I really did not want a useless jerk to stay at my cave ermm.. castle. And what kind of destiny is that? He stole the nation's most valued treasure? Does this mean that bastich took barbarossa's sword?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Does this mean that bastich took barbarossa's sword?

Barbarossa Rugner had the sword with him when he went missing from the Floating Garden. Barbarossa's other sword - Prakk should've been with Teo McDohl when he died, he might have been buried with it.
Horcrux

516 Potch
12 Soldiers
16992 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't stand characters like Landis (S3) and the squirrels (S2) for whom you have to leave an empty spot in your party and just wander around a given area for up to an hour, hoping they'll wander into the empty slot. Rrrrrrgggggg.......
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you on that one! To this day, I still have not collected all of the extra squirrels! I never could get the one around the lake.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
dr_jackal

11256 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah in Suikoden II Gordon was the hardest to recruit.

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I :

Tai Ho - I could not beat him in Chinchinorin until I leveled up in Great Forest (which actually gave me a huge advantage over the Zombie Dragon)

Suikoden II:

Deifnitely the squirrels, pain in the neck.
I also had problems with recruiting Gordon, as during my first playthrough I had absolutely no idea what the trading system was all about.

Suikoden III:

Landis, I guess...other than that no probs.

Suikoden IV:

I've never bothered to recruit all the characters so I don't really know.

Suikoden Tactics:

Just as in case of SIV

Suikoden V:

Already mentioned Sairoh and his damned salt...
Killey, whom I kept forgetting about while he still was in prison (according to some faqs he's supposed to show up either at the Ceras Lake Castle or in the Twilight Forest ruins even if you don't release him...well...he didn't).
Haleth can be easily missed as well.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gordon for me! Hes such a pain in the neck, its just so frustrateing haveing tio travel through that blasted forrest to get between Gregminister, and i dont much care for tradeing either, despite its ease it too me aaaaaaaaaaages to figure out wehat on earth i was supposed to do at first!
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to say Gordon as well. No character was more frustrating to recruit than him. I HATED how II forced you to all the way through Banner Forest every time you wanted to go to Gregminster, and it was even worse that Gordon usually made you go through it twice. It was worse than the Obel Ruins (which, despite being rather convoluted, did have a rather straightforward path).

2646 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, Gordon too, he's a pain in the neck coz i still have to pass through the Banner Forest just to recruit him. I usually dont recruit Lorelai first so i can feel a little better when i recruited them both at the same time. :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: