Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most annoying character to recruit.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flame Champion Viktor

89609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Most annoying character to recruit. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theres a bunch of hard characters to recruit but some are just plain annoying like that loser-punk wannabe trader Gorden I hate him I didn't understand what to do he kept adding instead of taking off my 50,000 oh well so tell me who u think is the most annoying character to recruit.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Gordon quite easy to recruit, I just sold alot of Ancient Texts. But meh, thats just me.

I think the most annoying character to recuit was Stallion in Suikoden II. And that was for purely personal reasons I think. Bottom line is, I hate to run away from battles, so I think it was a little annoying recruiting him. But that's just a slight insignificance really.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a pain in the patoot to recruit Hortez VII. I had no idea where he was or when he'd get there. Looking all over for the guy was just frustrating. Knowing that even though you found him, he was going to get lost again was even more frustrating. (But I liked him anyway. He was so wierd.)

In 2... Bob drove me insane, though he wasn't hard to recruit. Because you could see him, and knew you wanted to recruit him, from early in the game, but he wouldn't join! Not until you had 80+ people! I liked him so much, I got so crazy trying to get him to join! Every time I passed him I asked him to join again and again.

In Gensui1, I honestly don't remember. I should go back and play that game again. (I only played it once, and that was over a year ago.)
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gordon, easily. He wouldn't be such a pain if you didn't have to travel ALL THE WAY to Gregminster and back in order to see if you've gotten 50,000 or not. Once, I went all the way there, and I couldn't recruit him because I was like 200 potch short.
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Sarah in Suikoden 1. Having to trade all that stuff in town to get her some soap, then it's "oh, I already have some." Jabba can also be a pain if it takes forever to get the Nameless Urn, but usually I find one of those relatively quickly.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think the most annoying character to recuit was Stallion in Suikoden II. And that was for purely personal reasons I think. Bottom line is, I hate to run away from battles, so I think it was a little annoying recruiting him. But that's just a slight insignificance really.

You could make it less annoying by "Let Go" the enemies early on in the game where you just ran away from Kyaro with Viktor and Flik. By that time, you'd have a party strong enough (due to Fliktor's levels) to use "Let Go" command rather than "Run". So that you wouldn't really waste time, you could do it in North Sparrow Pass while looking for Double Beat Runes (could be dropped by Cut Rabbits). So whenever you got into random battle and the enemies aren't Cut Rabbits, just use "Let Go" command. By the time you've got 2-4 Double Beat Runes, normally you would've used the "Let Go" command more than the required 50 times. So when you see Stallion, and I think it has to be done after the Greenhill mission or have level 2 castle (but I'm not sure about this), you'd be able to recruit him straight away.

Quote:
that loser-punk wannabe trader Gorden I hate him I didn't understand what to do he kept adding instead of taking off my 50,000

What you have to do is to get 50,000 potch profit. To get the profit, you have to buy low and sell high. So that you'd get the profit. The easiest example is to buy Ancient Text in Kobold Village (it would cost around 1,000 potch or even less) and to seel it in Forest Village (it would sell for around 25,000 to 30,000 potch). That way you would get around 24,000 to 29,000 potch profit by selling one Ancient Text. All you need to do is keep on doing it (try other items as well) until your profit reached 50,000 potch or more.

As for my own choice of the most annoying character to recruit, I think it's basically a tie of every character that has to be recruited by obtaining an item that is dropped randomly by monsters (Esmeralda with the Opal, Jabba with the Nameless Urn, Lebrante with the Celadon Urn -if you choose not to buy from trading post or if they run out of Celadon Urns that is-, etc).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's something I find a lot of people don't know about Gordon. You don't have to trade TO HIM. So when you go to Gregminister, hopefully he will talk to you as Gordon and not trader. Start his quest. When you get access to Tinto, trade Wide Urns from there and Forest Village. You should rack up big money. (One of the trade price sets is 2000 in Crom and 8000 in Forest (Or Vice Versa) and you can make 50 000 potch simple. After you get a noticably large amount of money, boot it back to Gregminister, grab the Cyclone from Sarah if you didn't get it before, and Go Get Gordon. Bam.

And....for some reason, that doesn't sound right as to how you recruit Stallion. I don't ever recall running from that many battles. I still believe you get him after your castle is Level 3.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Here's something I find a lot of people don't know about Gordon. You don't have to trade TO HIM.

I think we know about it already because most people trade Ancient Texts from Kobold Village to Forest Village, and for smaller profit, trade Crystall Balls from S.Window (or wherever) to Kobold Village. Seeing that Gordon is in Gregminster, I think we know that we don't have to trade to him.

Quote:
And....for some reason, that doesn't sound right as to how you recruit Stallion. I don't ever recall running from that many battles.

The requirement is that you have to either "Run" or "Let Go" the enemies for a total of 50 times.

Quote:
I still believe you get him after your castle is Level 3.

I'm totally not sure about it, but level 3 seem to be quite late. If I'm not mistaken, I could get him while I got level 2 castle as long as it was after the Greenhill mission (never seem to be able to get him before the mission, but I could be wrong).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that the most annoying character for me to obtain is Clive from Suikoden 1. I say this because I ended up entering and entering again over and over. And when I entered I always went to the upper room so I later found out that I went entirely the wrong place. This whold quest was annoying for me because I hate to do pointless things that waist my time.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never liked getting Gordon either, mostly because I despised trading in the first place. But, those Ancient Texts do work...

I hated getting Mace in Suikoden I as well. I never used any of the blacksmiths, so they were all extremely weak and I had to walk all the way up that Seek Valley or whatever wth them in my party! Gah!

Dominic in Suikoden III was a pain as well because his armor cost so much potch (if you plan on getting him early in the game, anyhow), but it was very weak. That just annoyed me.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote for most annoying character is split between Gordon and Landis. Gordon because there is no way of knowing what your at short of talking to him which is a pain because you have to go all the way thru that stupid area outside of Gregminster. Landis because it's a hit or miss which can actually take a long time for him to show up. One time it took over an hour which is ridiculous.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anita in Suikoden 2 was a real pain I thought, especially when doing Clive's mission. And in the first one it would have to be the characters you have to travel back to where they were with no quick way back out (Persergma in Neclord's castley, Simione in Kasim Hazzels fortress).
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The worst are without a shadow of a doubt the squirrels of S2, but if you mean Stars of Destiny...I`s say Leon(S1), Crowley(S1), Hortez VII(S3) and Landis(S3) would be the most difficult to get. Those SoDs who require items dropped from monsters are annoying, but it doesn`t take that long to get the items in most cases, at least not for me.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gordon is easy once you get 50,000 potch (which isn't that hard), but the annoying part about him is you can't teleport to Gregminster, traveling the forest path countless time to recriut the chars there can get annoying. Especially Gordon is the most annoying becuase you have to get to him to find out how much money you have made trading.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its been said before, but I'm gonna have to go with Horetz. I love the man--he's hillarious, espically in plays--but if it weren't for cheating I'd never know where to find him or tell him to go.
He shows up at random in BG images in the Suikoden 3 manga, have you noticed that? ^^
I'd also say Kathy in S3, cause for some reason I couldn't count the damned horses right >.<

...and, you know, I never had trouble recruiting Clive in S1. it was always really easy for some reason ((he must like me))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: