Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Makanakuy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not, I do feel quite drowsy actually, so I was most likely mixing up something.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, A WHOLE NEW NATION?! Good geeze! I would've figured, you know, an NPC character, or new territory, or something silly... But A WHOLE NEW NATION?! Wow, I'm really impressed with this one, Sars Ad-Minh.

I caught this last night, and I was thinking about fielding a few questions that I hope you (or someone else) could answer.

First off, is this nation going to be entirely an NPC nation? Meaning that NO people could migrate to it, and attempt to establish it as a power?

Also, if people COULD join, would people then begin getting sorted into this nation at random, as well?

Oh, and one more thing, if this is an NPC-ONLY nation, would it EVER... EEEEVER be possible to find a new nation that was not...? (Let me guess, I'll just have to see, right? :P)

lol Seriously, this is really cool, and REALLY opens up the door to possibilities... :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
First off, is this nation going to be entirely an NPC nation? Meaning that NO people could migrate to it, and attempt to establish it as a power?

I believe it is completely NPC. Nobody can migrate to it as, say, they can migrate to the Grasslands from Zexen for example. Regions of there's however can be invaded - and I assume they can also invade regions.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Also, if people COULD join, would people then begin getting sorted into this nation at random, as well?

See above. But if it was a nation members could join, I doubt new mebmers would get sorted into it. It's a little different to regular nations and should require something other than soldiers/potch to migrate to it.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Oh, and one more thing, if this is an NPC-ONLY nation, would it EVER... EEEEVER be possible to find a new nation that was not...?

The limits are as endless as Sars' imagination.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
(Let me guess, I'll just have to see, right? )

Yep.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hah, Scarlet said something about marriage to me on AIM and I thought it was just him having a joke, I didn't realise it was a conspiracy against me...Do you guys want to get rid of me from Tinto or something?!

Anyway, if I must do what is best for my nation, I would do it but just tell me one thing first...is she pretty or would this be like the time Lister married a Gelf in Red Dwarf?

(If you don't get that, shame on you, shame on you for not knowing more about red dwarf *hums the rimmer song*)

Suppose I should say something on topic too, I've only just found out about the depth of our discovery, when I left on holiday I was under the impression it was a single location and we'd be getting raided there in some form, I didn't consider there would be more places for us to take on and defend against, I suppose I should have realised there would be places for this Anu-Anyaka to attack from or there's no chance of us getting shot of her. It's all very interesting SARS, good stuff!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A brand new nation... That's rather... peculiar. But it is a good idea. Having another nation with a big difference in aganda and having no alliance would lead to amny possibilities. I think one possibility stated earlier was hat some nations could join together to take them down... But wouldn't you think that would be too risky? Since it is an NPC nation, strategists wouldn't be able to analyze the behavior of the 'people' in it... That would endanger the attackers at the risk of getting invaded themselves.

Either way, what SARS did was kind off a great idea. This shoul d level the playing field. All that i'm waiting for now is an updated map so we can finally see what changes have been truly made. :|

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's risk there's rewards. I suppose it becomes impossible to analyse from the things the strategist says in conversation but there is a person behind the commands somewhere and even if you don't know who that is you can learn from the choices they make in the battlefield.

I don't think there's going to be much banding together to take them down, I don't see them becoming some kind of superpower in the game more of a subplot to the real conflict between the character nations that already exist. The map should look alot more full for next phase I'll say that much about it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends where these territories will be exactly and where the roads will be.

Tinto may be the only nation with roads to Makanakuy. Thus Makanakuy could potentially be a terrible enemy for Tinto depending on how ferocious they are at attacking.

Roads to Makanakuy could link to several nations and cause a possible bigger problem.

I'm guessing it will just be a minor thorn in Tinto's side for the time being. From the looks so far, they don't have too many soldiers. Still as someone else said, somebody has to be making decisions for Makanakuy, wether it be Sars or someone else. Which could potentially be dangerous.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Tinto can handle whatever they have to dish out. We are the best nation after all. :D

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
Hah, Scarlet said something about marriage to me on AIM and I thought it was just him having a joke, I didn't realise it was a conspiracy against me...Do you guys want to get rid of me from Tinto or something?!

Anyway, if I must do what is best for my nation, I would do it but just tell me one thing first...is she pretty or would this be like the time Lister married a Gelf in Red Dwarf?

(If you don't get that, shame on you, shame on you for not knowing more about red dwarf *hums the rimmer song*)

Suppose I should say something on topic too, I've only just found out about the depth of our discovery, when I left on holiday I was under the impression it was a single location and we'd be getting raided there in some form, I didn't consider there would be more places for us to take on and defend against, I suppose I should have realised there would be places for this Anu-Anyaka to attack from or there's no chance of us getting shot of her. It's all very interesting SARS, good stuff!

I'll take the blame for that one, ha-ha. Obviously it was meant to be a joke, but I had no idea Scarlet Assassin would actually instant message you about it. But rest assured Phil, I wouldn't sell you out like that. Let Fayt marry her. :D Oh by the way, since when did marriage ever mean leaving one's nation anyway? If that has to happen then let HER leave!

To tell you the truth, It's hard for me to be really excited about this new nation. The last thing we needed was another enemy! But with challenges comes opportunity, so we're going to try the very best we can to make the most out of this. Good luck to whoever runs the nation.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think that we should tell them we are the Sun Gods descendants and go in trading bars of gold for beads. Yeah, that's the way to do it. Hey! Can we give them disease? Like we could just send our sick people over there and they'll either heal them, kill them or be killed by the introduction of new illness to their culture. That would be gloirious. I volunteer to go in with the Flu Virus. I'll lick all of their spoons!

On a more serious note, will there actually be any alternate solutions to flat out combat with them? That would be lovely if we could just marry them off, problem solved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 leads his terminally ill, flu ridden, infantry into battle against the Makanakuy, who fall ill before his very eyes.

Acheron88 loses all of his soldiers in doing so, but succesfully takes the region from the poorly anitbodied Makanakuy.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Acheron88 loses all of his soldiers in doing so, but succesfully takes the region from the poorly anitbodied Makanakuy.

Victory Party! I propose a toast, everyone raise your pepto-bismal!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this whole new nation is a pretty cool new feature, and should indeed add even more flair to an already great battle system. Though I can understand how it might be a large-ish burden on Tinto, as a new enemy when you are already engaged with another enemy is not cool. Fighting on many fronts can get tedious (though Harmonia takes the cake on fighting hundreds of battles at once :wink: ).

By the way, congrats on your upcoming wedding PF. Have you chosen your best man yet? Oh, well, enjoy the festivities and I hope your arranged wife does not just use you for your body or something. I doubt you would have too much luck forcing your new wife to travel and stay in Tinto, so enjoy your new life in the relatively unknown land that is Makanakuy. :D
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tars wrote:
Well this whole new nation is a pretty cool new feature, and should indeed add even more flair to an already great battle system. Though I can understand how it might be a large-is burden on Tinto, as a new enemy when you are already engaged with another enemy is not cool. Fighting on many fronts can get tedious (though Harmonia takes the cake on fighting hundreds of battles at once :wink: ).

By the way, congrats on your upcoming wedding PF. Have you chosen your best man yet? Oh, well, enjoy the festivities and I hope your arranged wife does not just use you for your body or something. I doubt you would have too much luck forcing your new wife to travel and stay in Tinto, so enjoy your new life in the relatively unknown land that is Makanakuy. :D

Actually, Dark Horizon Angel is the new governor of that area, so if any guy, from my nation, was going to tie the noose knot with her, then it would be him. He's also gone for one month, so we can assume his approval on his behalf as well. :lol: (For those of you who are luckily married, that was some marital humor)

And Traz, though I would agree and give Harmonia the Pincushion Award, they don't have to contend with nearly as much advanced types. With the exception of Zexen to the west, we're surrounded by nations that have advanced troops: Scarlet Moon to the east, Island Nations to the south, and Grassland to the North.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed that could pose a bother, and by advanced types do you mean the next set of regiment groups? If so, well with one more victory to your name you could advance to the rank of Spearmen which is pretty cool. If that is what you meant though. A tough position though, I understand. Hopefully Mananakuy goes easy on you, and is not using the new wedding with Dark Horizon Angel or PF as a ploy to stab you in the back.

Seriously though, this NPC nation is definitely going to play a key role in the battles from now on...I wish you all the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: