Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Show Me Your Runes.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Show Me Your Runes. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the same spirit as the Regiment and Blacksmith topics I thought we could share with each other the Runes we feel our Suikox Persona have and share alttle about it. I guess I'll go first

Head:Wind Rune
What, no Cyclone rune? you ask. We are a strike force there is no need to waste time and arrows if we need to get somewere merly put any encounterd soldiers to sleep and move on. The world is full of stories about gaurds falling on duty allowing prisoner to escape or leaving the general defensless. I'm no mage and don't pretend to be I need spells that can be used under multible conditions and the wind Rune offers the most bang for my potch.

Left Hand:Great Hawk Rune
This rune serves two uses. First it allows me to handle multible foes with relative ease. Second I am able to seperate my self from my unit and post my self in a tree and distract and enemy from the the true location of my men allowing them to complete what ever task is at hand.

Right Hand:DoubleStrike Rune
You never know when your number is going to be called so I try and make every shot count.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right hand: Resurrection rune, hey, you never know when the power to crush zombies is going to come in handy right?

Edit: Left hand: Clone rune for confusion and overall awesomeness with a sword.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I've got two made up runes. Their pretty balanced I would say with the other powerful runes there are.

Head: Ocean: This one is one I made up. I suppose this is allowed. What it basically is the inverse of a water rune. More water-based attack spells.
1-Silver Rain - 100 damage to all
2-Deep Freeze - Causes 100 points of damage for 3 turns on the enemies and anyone there(half field area). Sometimes backfires on caster(25%) causing the same damage. Cannot be stopped once it starts.
3-Reflecting Pool - Basically deflects the next attack back at the enemies. If its a area attack spell it does the same area with the caster as the focal point.
4-Winter Winds - Slows down the opponent and does 500 damage to all enemies
I tried to make it pretty balanced. Not the best attack rune but it gets by.

Left:

Right: Cetus - Basically the attack just like Unicorn, or Great Hawk thats a special attack for a specific weapon type. This one's for tridents. The name is a constellation of the Sea Monster, also known as the whale, Cetus. It leaves me unbalanced but does 1.5X damage.

What can I say, I like being my own character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The whole thing starts to go more and more and more like fanfiction. I don't mind when it's actually related to the member's own stats and position like the Regiment Name and Character bio, but Runes have no relevancy at all other than for "eye candy". While yes it gives deeper background to the character, it could easily be included in the bio section.

And no offense to anyone personally, but I just find it unrealistic that a level 8 character has 3 rune slots like that. Then another created their own made up runes getting things even further to Suikoden world (no, using the word "rune" doesn't really make it connected to Suikoden).

But yeah, that's just my two cents. And I hope no one would create a "Your Equipments" thread.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

L: Fire (symbolizes my passion)
R: Wind (symbolizes how I fly from one thing to the next, trying to do it all myself)

Only two slots. A Narcisist with three Rune Slots would be too completely awesome to behold! :)

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Head: The Funk Rune- Keeps my head in a perpetual state of funk.

Left Hand: Ban-o-matic Rune- Punts the behinds of ingrates till kingdom come.

Right Hand: Admin Rune- Gives me the power to do many horrible, unspeakable things, such as locking this thread unless it becomes a bit more realistic (from a Suikoden perspective).
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: I... I think I'll keep my "runes" to myself, thank-you very much!

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

created their own made up runes getting things even further to Suikoden world (no, using the word "rune" doesn't really make it connected to Suikoden).

Perhaps I should have elaborated. The Ocean one was on a whim because I liked the water element but it wasn't aggresive. It was supposed to be an offspring of the True Water Rune. I thought that it was plausible seeing as how True Runes have created other lesser runes in the past. If it's too far fetched, that I'd be happy to take it off for a more traditional Water Rune. Also, that was just a list to give an idea of a well balanced aggresive form of a water rune. I didn't intend on it being a "fanfiction" idea.

I would have only invented that one but the weapon I use in the role-playing world thats started in Suikox, through regiments and blacksmithery and such, didn't have a good rune for it. So I made a fairly simple version of the Unicorn rune for a trident, seeing as how Suikoden lacks any good trident users (and I hate Guillaime). Sorry if this is too far fetched. I thought that it wasn't too outlandish.

I thought that this was here to get idea's like this. Otherwise it may as well have been that "whats your favorite rune?" topic a while back. Sorry if I over fantasized it a bit.

And the "Your Equipment" thread would be the worst thread ever. Everyone wuold just make a complete powerhouse character. It would be just as bad as a "What does you character look like?" thread. I think this type of thread is more along the lines of seeing the creativity help in those who post here. It does tend to get out of hand sometimes when people start attaching true runes they made up(which is another thread too). Well, thats my two cents and I raise you another penny. No offense intended in this post (some events at church busieness meeting tonight have left me infuriated, so that may be conveyed in my post). If I do convey that rage, I apologize in advance.

Quote:
such as locking this thread unless it becomes a bit more realistic (from a Suikoden perspective).

Was my stuff a bit too far fetched? I was trying to keep it plausible. I suppose this post was mad late anyways but still. I have no problems chagning it if it is. Perhaps some guidelines are in order to help mantain some suikoden continuity and not to cause some newbie to come see this and go "Where is that rune! Its of godly proportions!". I donno, it's up to the thread maker and the admins I guess.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It would be just as bad as a "What does you character look like?" thread

Yikes! In my first few days here I think I actually created that thread! Or at least one that encompassed that idea. A few of the stinkers I made in my early days have been (thankfully) stricken from the boards entirely instead of locked and I'm glad to say that one was one of the ones that disappeared.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's best to ignore me at the moment because I am just on a power trip like a good ol' totalitarian demagogue.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Yikes! In my first few days here I think I actually created that thread! Or at least one that encompassed that idea. A few of the stinkers I made in my early days have been (thankfully) stricken from the boards entirely instead of locked and I'm glad to say that one was one of the ones that disappeared.

No offense but that kind of stuff is just whats in someones imagination. I can see where this thread may easily get too off topic and removed from the suikoden reality (woah) but I think if we actually think through what we post it would do just great. Basically with my pics I have the sister runes to the Water and Unicorn, more fitted and catored to my character. Similarly to Phoenix and Falcon, where they did the same thing but were different with the Cetus Rune. I guess the Ocean one was just me trying to bring about the lesser side of the Water Rune, one of power and that is a threat to people rather than something to fall back on to pick you up when you fall over. The primal aggression exhibited when it went ballistic in SIII and froze a huge land mass. O well...
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'll keep it real. In the battlefield I have only made Lighting elemental spells, therefore Im pretty sure I have a low level Lightning rune (or was it the lower one the Thunder rune?)

Anyway, I have whatever Rune Synchysi, Sars Ad-Minh, Jeremy, or anyone who writes the warbattles wishes me to have.

Oh, but what Im sure off is that its sticked on the left hand... I think.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well for one thing I don't plan on being leval 8 forever and if some one wants to figure out exactly how many runeslot everyboard member should have I don't care if someone posts three rune slots or not. And the Idea wasn't just to say "OH, I got Rage Rune Cause I are KOOL!!" I though that explaining why you chose these runes over other rune and how you used them would be fun. It's not like I go starting new topics every time by brain clicks.

I agree that people should stick with known suikoden runes unless you are Sars cause when you are Sars you ARE suikoden.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I agree that people should stick with known suikoden runes unless you are Sars cause when you are Sars you ARE suikoden

In that case...
Head: Water
Left: -----------
Right: Unicorn

There, controversy solved.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackwind, I think you misunderstood the point. The point of these members kind of threads is to give depth to your character. There would be no point in creating a regiment post about your army of magicians if your unit is archer's unit. The same goes to here. Though I know that you're not planning to be at level 8 forever, you are level 8 at the moment. So it would be more realistic if your rune slot etc reflects to your current state.

Acheron88, I don't mind if it's just one or two created runes, but if it's okay with you, then others would follow your footsteps and created their own runes as well. In the end, it'd snowball and many people would end up with created runes that it'd be weird and no longer connected to Suikoden.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: