Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh thank you so much. how did you know that?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I think I'm more apt to use the younger one, I think she's supposed to have better stats [though I've yet to experiment; by "just got" I mean last night right before I turned off the PS2].

Elder Viki has higher LUK, but everything else is pretty much the same between them two.

Sasarai, Piccolo, Estella, the Viki's = overrated Pale Gate Magic users

Connie's where it's at, yo!!! :P I can't believe I even used that little puppy in the final battle, and she nailed the FINAL BLOW on the WindRIncar with the Empty World spell. Hi-lar-ious! :lol:

Edit: Just to get back on track, I have a question about Cyclone Runes. Are they much like the Pale Gate Runes that you can get as many of them as you can in Kuput Forest, or is the first one you get the last one?
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never found that many Cyclone runes anywhere but I don't think you can get more than one of the rare items that some carcasses have. However I'm not completely sure about this since I haven't played the game in a really long time. There's a good possibility I'm wrong since I really didn't like Cyclone runes in the first place
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Water Magic Ring at the corpse in Flame Champ Hideaway, as well as the Fury Rune in Mt. Hei-Tou are rare items too, and you can get as many as you can. Hopefully, that's the same case as the Cyclone Rune, but the difference is that there is a save point in FCH and Mt. Hei-Tou, while at Kuput Forest, you have to either start at Chisha, or Duck when you reset the game in hopes of getting the rare item because there's no save point.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito wrote:

I like the Pale Gate rune, but I only use it on either Sasarai, or in rare cases Estella. The reason is that Sasarai gets the skill and a free rune slot on his head, and since he's already got True Earth and Flowing I guess it's good to give him an attack rune he's good at using.

Well he has attack, actually he has just about the most damaging spell in the game.... just not in the last battle when you can actually use the rune. Land of Eternity is basically on par with 4th level True Lightning.... only on the entire landbound enemy party.

Pale Gate is really for if you need to use up those 4th level spells if you rather not use the flowing spell and run out of Canopy Defense. Actually for just about everyone who CAN use it, it seems to end up being a third tier rune that is mostly used out of boredom.

As far as using Connie as a Pale Gate mage...... WTF. But I congratulate you on actually keeping one of the dogs alive through the entire battle.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I have a couple pale gate runes, but I only ever use one on Sasarai really. As mentioned earlier, he has the earth and flowing, I just threw pale gate on to give him some offense.

-My DeviantArt-
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did the same thing,and i think it works well.i have to say that i think that Sarah is a better Pale Gate rune user though.

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She's rather limited in use however ^^ I was hoping there'd be more cyclone runes though, I love the wind element. I'd probably use that over pale gate if I had another one. I can't even remember who my cyclone is on at the moment however.. Lightning/Thunder is almost as good though, hrm.

-My DeviantArt-
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

runemaster wrote:
I did the same thing,and i think it works well.i have to say that i think that Sarah is a better Pale Gate rune user though.

Uh, you can't equip a pale gate to Sarah since she has a permanant flowing rune on her forehead making it impossible. She has magnificent affinity for it but she can't be better at something impossible for her.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really limited use, I might add! I forgot about Sarah having a flowing rune on her forehead. No wonder Sasarai is the only one I ever used pale gate with. Shows how much attention I paid to poor Sarah.

-My DeviantArt-
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dura Sinai, thats what i meant and thank you for pointing that out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: