Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III Runes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Suikoden III Runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am very good at Suikoden III because it is my favorite game. I'm embarassed to say that I need a bit of advice.

I know that a lot of characters have Pale Gate magic as a default skill that cannot be removed. I have only picked up one Pale Gate rune and that was given to me by a little girl in Iksay Village. Are there anymore that I can get?

Also, I am curious about Cyclone runes. I have received one from a citizen in Chisha Village and Bazba comes with one, but are there any other ones that I'm missing?

Thanks for helping me.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this might help:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/suikoden_iii_skill_rune.txt

also has other info that might answer other questions as well.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might need to look up the FAQs from the Suikoden III page manually, because the link won't work. GameFAQs doesn't like direct linking to its specific documents for some reason.

Just to add something else, Pale Gate Magic skill is a naturally learned skill. You can't remove it, but the slot was specifically added to the character's list when they gain that skill through levelling up. Meaning the total free slots remained the same before and after the addition of Pale Gate magic. Hence you're not exactly missing anything, if you don't use Pale Gate. (As not everyone who access to that skill have the necessary potential to make effective use of it)

For everything else, the FAQs should be of a more comprehensive help.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very handy FAQ though, thank you Syb. I can't believe I never noticed it, since I have several GS3 faqs open in another window ^_^ I'm astounded by how many people learn Shield Magic later on. Shield's perhaps my favorite Rune in this game, or at least my favorite healing Rune [which alone makes it one of my favorite Runes; I don't bother with medicine].

As for Pale Gate, is it really that useful a Rune? Aren't there better damage Runes, like Fire [which -can- be used with a little thinking, no matter what anyone says - if you have Rage (or True Fire itself, of course) there's a powerful single-enemy spell, not to mention how a little planning will make even the splash spells safe] or Lightning/Thunder/True Lightning. Is there actually any benefit to using Pale Gate over one of these Runes? I have mine sitting in my warehouse; should I pull it out and slap it on an active character?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pale Gate on Viki works miracles in the war sequences. She often uses the spell that auto-kills all enemies (I forget its name) on the first turn and wipes out the entire enemy unit. Keep her well-defended and she can take out half the Harmonian Army by herself.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is very good to know. I only -just- got Viki on my current playthrough, so I'll hook her on up.

Does Young Viki fight in the war, or only old Viki? I think I'm more apt to use the younger one, I think she's supposed to have better stats [though I've yet to experiment; by "just got" I mean last night right before I turned off the PS2].
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the link. I seem to have missed some of the runes though. I thought I had checked those areas. I'll have to pick them up on another game. Oh well.

I find that rune quite handy actually. I like the attack all-type of attacks. I'd prefer a Thunder Rune, Cylcone Rune, or Mother Earth Rune to it, but I'd rather give a character one of their default runes to leave another skill space open.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukzae, it's only old Viki in the wars. And I beliveve old and young Viki have the same stat progression and skills. If one is better than the other it's just luck in levelling up.

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stats can always be modified with Ye Olde Stone of Stat Bonus Trick. It doesn't really matter which one you pick.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... reading these makes me feel like I'm missing out on things.

Firstly, I use Pale gate magic because I am one who toys around and likes to watch the cool animations. I placed a Pale gate on Both Viki and Piccolo. Piccolo isn't the best with it, but its better than his Mallet Rune.

Another thing I've read is that you guys know these "stat tricks" and "level tricks" that I'm completely oblivious to. I don't refer to FAQs normally because in my opinion it removes the challenge if you have someone telling you what to do. I'll *occasionally* use them if I'm playing a game, gotten stuck and tried absolutely everything I can to get back on track. Case and Point, In Suikoden IV I chose to stay on the island and I was baffled to A.) where the save point went, B.) how to get off of the island once I got sick of it. Silly me, I just needed to reset and decide to not stay there!

Anyhow, if someone could be so kind as to enlighten me of these "Stat tricks" in the Suikoden series, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can explain the stat stone trick if you'd like (Suikoden III). It requires getting one or more of those rare stones that increase your different stats (stone of speed, stone of evasion, stone of magic, etc.).

Now, as you probably know as a Suikoden veteran, when you GAME OVER, you are given the option to continue. When you continue, it returns you to the last place you saved with all of the stat/level increases you gained since the save until your GAME OVER.

I bet you've caught on now. You probably know what to do. All you have to do is pick the character you want to have with better stats and put them in your party with the main character. You should only have two people in the party (just makes it easier) unless you are using the trick on the main character, then you'd only have one character. Now, save your game and then use all of your stones on that character. Then, make sure all equipment is off your character(s) and get into a battle and get GAME OVERED. The reason you take off your equipment is to speed the dying process. Now, when you game over, say that you "don't give up" and it will take you back to your last save with the increased stats and the stat stones remaining in your inventory. Save your game, and repeat until you are satisfied.
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hello. i realise that in suikoden III spells like empty world and the 4th level spell for true fire and true wind gets cut short. is there anyway i can view the full version after the first time?
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always used Sassari so I love the Pale Gate rune he could kill an enemy with that first move I think open palace.But I never had a probly with finding runes except forr the fury rune but most of my S3 files have over 100 hours on them.Just keep fighting the mini bosses and a think cylone can be got in the Lizard Highway or Kuput forest but just get some one with tresure hunting skill and go out

CLERKS
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah and you can get anoter Pale Gate from one of the corpses in the Flame Champion Hideaway if I'm not mistaken.

I like the Pale Gate rune, but I only use it on either Sasarai, or in rare cases Estella. The reason is that Sasarai gets the skill and a free rune slot on his head, and since he's already got True Earth and Flowing I guess it's good to give him an attack rune he's good at using. And Estella if I'm bored and want to use it on her. By the way I think she rocks with her great Fire and Lightning affinities.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

proemthez wrote:
hello. i realise that in suikoden III spells like empty world and the 4th level spell for true fire and true wind gets cut short. is there anyway i can view the full version after the first time?

If you hold down the triangle button while the rune is shown (before the animation), then the spell will be the longer version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: