Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The best developed character on Suikox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Is that from Celtic mytholgy? I'm just curious about it, being that I'm fascinated with mythology in general. Especially Celtic currently, since I know next to nothing about it (but thats not saying much considering modern celtic mythology is a mix of Welsh, French or Gallic, Irish, Scotch and English folklore, druidity and culture).

You're right. Cuchulainn and Connall, AKA Connall the Victorious, are from Celtic mythology. I referred to this story because I was looking up Culghlas, Connall's blue spear, that I hoped to use for Benit, but I found the name 'Chaotic Blue' to be more cool. That one actually comes from Slayers: it's the name of one of the four Dark Lords, along with Shabranigdo, Dark Star and Death Fog.

Personally, I believe that original characters HAVE to stem from something or someone from before, whether its yourself, someone else, or another character. You can't grow a plant without a seed, water, dirt and sunlight. The skeletal structure of a character can be fleshed from others, but the personality, speech, appearance and actions of this character are now in your hands. I always keep evolving my character designs until I find one that I'm proud of, like Benit. I believe that to be the key for originality.

Benit herself comes from many different inspirations: Sailor Saturn for the spear, Sailor Mercury and other ice/water magic users, Lina Inverse for the attitude, Blue Mary for the hairstyle, May from Guilty Gear for the similar taste in clothing, and even from myself at times, not to mention years of RPing. But if I didn't tell you guys that, you'd wonder how I came up with a young, take-no-crap governess as my Suikox character.

Ah, and to clarify Benit's appearance, these are some picture edits I did of her, all except the last one. That one is a coincidental find from a Japanese site that I found too uncanny to pass up.

http://www.geocities.com/benit149/benit.html

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm exchanging personal stories I see.

Well It was said when I was born there was a terrible earthquake that rought destruction through out most of the Nameless lands. My mother told me she held me in her arms, and named me, another tremor happened. So I was then called earthquake, as a sort of nickname. A gypsy woman that lived in town prophesied that when ever something important happened in my life an earthquake would occur. And so far this has held true.
My parents were well off, my father was mayor of the town of Paravale, and was also the clock maker. My mother was from a rather, err, modest family. I used to love helping my father build clocks, and I showed a great apptitude for mechanics. I used to build machines that would make my bed, or make breakfast. They didn't always work, but hey I was young and silly.
My fathers side of the family had all gone to wizarding school in Saintler Port. I was doing well in my studies, but would often get distracted by trying out some new invention. Some feel I could have been a great wizard, but science is a harsh mistress. I then decided to combine the two.
I decided at the ripe old age of twenty to return home, and open an oddities shop. I was surprised when I returned. I had a new younger sister, and the town had really expanded. The only real importance of our town is we guard Wilders grave. My shop did well MOST of my inventions worked....Okay well some were deadly, and could have accidently hurt a person or two, but thems the breaks.
After about five years a man from Addervon came to visit my shop. He was the current Lord. He offered me a postion designing different things for him. I told my fathers old ruty tools, his wrench being my favorite. My first creation was SB-90. A rather odd looking robot. He can do a multitude of things. From fighting, to limited flight. I then came on a stroke of genius. I decided to try my hand at creating a fireless torch. No real success there. I did have a nasty reaction with an explosion, and a lightning rune. Some people say it knocked some screws loose. I then made Walter, and Irene. They are my personal butler and bodyguard in that order. I was never happier than the day the married. They are programed to create 'children', or offspring I guess.
One of the most joyfull days was when Lady Benit was born, I felt like a father myself. I would read to her at night when she would sneak out of the bed, and come into the library. The hardest was when her father died. I then vowed to watch over their family for the rest of my life. A pledge I did get to keep.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I am sorry, but I find your comments insulting. You're being a fool if you expect a one paragraph description of my character to be chock full of emotion and backstory and the like. I gave a bare bonesed description, nothing else. You don't know my writing, and with commentary like this, you never will. Try waiting until you actually get to know anyone's character before you respond so negatively. If you read anything I wrote at all and had that comment, I'd thank you for the feedback; I want to know what people think of my writing, positively or negatively. But since you have not, I suggest you keep your comments to yourself.

You can usually decide whether you'll like a book by reading the back. By knowing the story of your writing, I practically know I don't like the style. But, just because I'm curious could you link me to your writing, or at least tell me on what thread it can be found, and I will tell you what I think of your work in its entirety. And sorry I offended you, but I'm used to being blunt. And when I do not do so it leads to repression which my psychologist suggests isn't good for me.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want the story of The Scarlet ASsassin (His name is Id btw) You'll have to contact me through email so that I can send you the 300 pages of the story I wrote for him, oh and then I can link you to all the places I've RPed as the same character so you can read up a bit on him. Six years he's been transforming into his current state, I think he's a contender for best developed.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brect0 wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
I am sorry, but I find your comments insulting. You're being a fool if you expect a one paragraph description of my character to be chock full of emotion and backstory and the like. I gave a bare bonesed description, nothing else. You don't know my writing, and with commentary like this, you never will. Try waiting until you actually get to know anyone's character before you respond so negatively. If you read anything I wrote at all and had that comment, I'd thank you for the feedback; I want to know what people think of my writing, positively or negatively. But since you have not, I suggest you keep your comments to yourself.

You can usually decide whether you'll like a book by reading the back. By knowing the story of your writing, I practically know I don't like the style. But, just because I'm curious could you link me to your writing, or at least tell me on what thread it can be found, and I will tell you what I think of your work in its entirety. And sorry I offended you, but I'm used to being blunt. And when I do not do so it leads to repression which my psychologist suggests isn't good for me.

Fanfics are not allowed on the main boards, only on the Nation boards, if permitted by Nation Leaders so it's most likely Harukaze's fanfic is on the nation boards, so you won't be able to access it unless he has it posted somewhere else.

It doesn't matter how blunt you are, until it gets to the matter where you are just plain rude. People put effort into their writing no matter how good or bad it is. The Suikoden games have over 350 characters in them, you're bound to create a character that has some similarities with at least one of those characters.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149 wrote:
Well I'm not the most original person out there, but it's certainly better than being some omnipotent dark horse figure whose sole mission is to wreck havoc. Believe me, I've seen some horrible original characters created for RPs during my years as an RPer, and the Suikoden one I started (which failed) had some of the worst.

Part of the problem is there are alot of fresh faces with God complexes. I don't want to be a God, I have nough stress.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's going to have sort point in time where their character is a GIANT cliche. I can remember about two years ago, one of my main characters was your typical, smoking, hardcore teen with a heart of goldd that could only be brought out by the girl he really love...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...I look back on it now and I go "What freaking moron wrote this dribble" then I realize it was me and I hit myself for a while. You can't blame n00bs for being idiots, that's what they're n00bs for, to learn, afterall did you start out as an absolute master of every craft you now partake of?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really feel like rolyplaying, plus I can't come up with anyone suikoden-ish, let alone convert anyone.

I'd just play a cliche fool, whos .21 a mary sue, and I'll just borrow on everything said alredy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well my character is from the Old Kingdom Series as a few people could probably tell you. It's not at all related to Suikoden.

The Abhorsen, as described by Terciel. "The Abhorsen is a necromaner, but not of the common kind. Where others of the art raise the dead, The Abhorsen lays them back to rest, and those that will not rest, are bound."

It just so happens that my mother was an Abhorsen who fell in love with the last surviving member of a bloodline of Kings. My birth marked the day of a new bloodline and a new Kingdom. A Kingdom once destroyed by war and hatred, now rises up to strength and prosperity.

Not particuarly fleshed out, but if I did that, it would become a pointless description. Short and sweet and above all, mostly taken from the Old Kingdom Series.

See my regiment and my sword.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Nailo

Truth

0 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was a bishop of Harmonia once. But it seems like a lifetime ago. I was the head of an excavation team that was sent out to discover True Runes that were sealed or buried. On one such excavation of a church that had been swallowed by the earth in a quake long ago, we found the burial chamber of an ancient inquisitor. When we tried to open the casket, we found A True Rune was indeed sealed there. It was released and it attached itself to me. It was the was the Rune of Truth, a Rune that can see through any lie, deception or illusion. It also granted me the power to see the true nature of things and the power to reveal the history behind objects that I touched.

When I returned to Harmonia and spoke to Hikusaak, I shook his hand and saw his true nature. I saw what he was planning on doing to me and what he wanted to use the True Runes for. I saw his plan involved my death, so I knew I had to flee imediately. I knew I had to mask myself, so I took on the persona of a ninja. I cut and died my hair and covered up my Rune as Well. I first went to Zexen, but there were too many spies there, trying to find me. So I headed north into a land even Hikusaak dared not go. A place that by many travelers avoided and knew next to nothing about. A place called the Nameless Lands.

The first "character" I came across was a tinkerer in Addervon. This old cook named Earthquake was able to fashion me a weapon for myself: my single-shot. Eventually I found my way to Saintler Point. While I was trying to find work and a place to live, I felt eyes looking me over. Like someone wa giving me the up and down. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

At first I though it was a woman since I smelled a rose perfume. It was a man dressed in an expenive-looking but over-the-top outfit and powdered wig. He said, "Oh my dear boy, you have nowhere to go? How dreadful! Well, by all means stay at my estate until you can get back on your feet." Once I knew of his hatred of Harmonia and that he could be trusted, I laid my story out for him.

"Oh ... well," he said. "I think I have someone you might like to meet. He's an absolute jewel of a man named Shrew. He's the leader of this nation and I think you two would have lots to talk about."

Before we headed to see Shrew I said "There is a person you should meet. He calls himself Earthquake."

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikox version of Id:

Scarlet assassin is a title handed down through the underbelly of Kaimuttal's society. A secret initiation of the new Scarlet assassin takes place whenever the previous dies or is retired for some reason. This title infers the utmost of perfection and skill. The son of Grand Jirai Survov was taken from the manor when he was but a small child. His captors were the elite of the secretive Guendaming academy of martial arts. The boy was taken as payment to the society as they assassinated many of Survov's enemies in order for him to reach such a high place of power in the government. The child was taken, and renamed Id as he resembled his father, only with darker hair. For two decades Id was trained to use anything and everything as a weapon, for it is rumored that even a tissue is a lethal weapon in the hands of a Guendaming master. The boy rose through the ranks due to his incredible skill. He was given the mask of shadows, a traditional article of clothing, used to conceal the identity of highranking Guendaming officers, and was equipped with a caneblade that was taken from the aftermath of a bloodbath, involving a group of Harmonian mages that crossed into the realm of the warrior society. It was on that day that Id was dubbed the new scarlet assassin, and granted freedom from the academy of the Guendaming. Armed with the sword and mask, Id went about carriyng out his assassinations as a full fledged member of the Guendaming. When it finally came time for his most important assignment, he looked on the face of his target in awe. His own father was to be the next victim. With the heartless stroke of a murderer, Id struck down his own father, and thanks to the pulls of the Guendaming in Kaimuttal politics, was named as the new Grand Jirai, taking the name Shingen as an alias. The next Scarlet Assassin was personally trained by Id and made to be his bodyguard, she serves him dutifully, and even carries his old weapon.

As for his life as Grand Jirai:

For twelve years, Grand Jirai Shingen has ruled over Kaimuttal with a just and caring reign. Though many see his methods as unorthadox and maybe even threatening, he has earned the respect of his people. His relationship with the senate, however, is more than strained. After a border skirmish with Harmonia, near the Abarro territory, Shingen expanded the knight's society, promoting many students from the academy and conscripting them to the army as soon as possible. The Senate took this as a direct threat for two reasons, when a student graduates from the academy, they are usually given the choice to join the senate police or the Knight's society, Shingen did not give these students that choice, he instead took them to his side without a moment's hesitation. SEcondly, the preperation of military would not go unnoticed by Harmonia, and the senate feared for the safety of the nation. Thus, the Fenator (Senate officers) were put into service once again, wrnagling up many of the recent graduates and imprisoning them for illegal passing through the academy. SHingen took a visit to the senate after this, demanding that his new recruits were released. They young soldiers were released on the condition that half be enrolled in the senate police. Shingen agreed and hand-picked a few of his soldiers, before leaving the rest of the paperwork to the senate. Since then, both the senate and Shingen have operated seperately of one another, causing discord within the nation. Many believe that this is merely the calm before the storm, and soon enough the senate will launch a coup to remove Shingen from office.

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The real Kuwaizair as i recall(one of them)

some time in the future, science and fantasy mixed, technology was good enough to bring story book creatures to life thorugh genitic eginering. With the assembage of DNA from various creatures, inluding horses, raptors, a grey hound, a cheetah and lastly a human. But the human who donated its genes had been infected by a were the following night. Kuwaizar was created to keep all the other GenNet-inc creations in check, but even then she becomes hunted her self when they prefect the design.
she looks like a griffen but acctualy isn't. she is an assortment of beasts, gorwn in a tube.
(thats all there was)

then I wrote a story for an assigment. we had to take vocabualry words and write a story with them. if I can link to the short thing i will, or just PM me.

"Suiko-kuu"

so far there is none. I'm just an emo'ing jowstone poster. so far. If I had a suiko character I'd be pupepted by fate's strings to fight my idiot best friend. because in life mine things we are to battle one day. maybe we'll have runes, maybe I have my own warped preception of "doing somthing to help", we'll change and with tear filled eyes do battle. it would be marolus, but outside suikoden it still can work, unless I add more elements into the story, like 'powers of light and dark" and more magic. and more "god's written destiny".
its makes the heart lamment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno about everyone else but I actually like being cliche. It's fun. I mean Milan isn't to Cliche but he's definately not original. A drunken womanizer who's a serious warrior (Jiraiya comes to mind.... HAH! I am so coming up with a cheesy introduction and dance now!) Frog Hermit Milan? Naah doesn't work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds more like an excuse to be unoriginal. One or two stereotypes are alright-- it's unavoidable. But when you can switch out your character's name and easily replace it with almost any RPG hero, it's not good.

Anyway, my character (Julius) is just an ambitious warlord that's afraid of the ocean. Haven't decided on much besides that.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Well my character is from the Old Kingdom Series as a few people could probably tell you. It's not at all related to Suikoden.

The Abhorsen, as described by Terciel. "The Abhorsen is a necromaner, but not of the common kind. Where others of the art raise the dead, The Abhorsen lays them back to rest, and those that will not rest, are bound."

It just so happens that my mother was an Abhorsen who fell in love with the last surviving member of a bloodline of Kings. My birth marked the day of a new bloodline and a new Kingdom. A Kingdom once destroyed by war and hatred, now rises up to strength and prosperity.

Not particuarly fleshed out, but if I did that, it would become a pointless description. Short and sweet and above all, mostly taken from the Old Kingdom Series.

See my regiment and my sword.

Hehe, can't wait for July 5th eh? I can't either :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: