Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The best developed character on Suikox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Milan is the leader of the Zexen Knights, who is constantly making trouble for Gaara and the others. He's sort of a cross between Leo from Suikoden III and Lui Kui from Outlaws of the Marsh. He's a drunken ne'er do well who's completely infatuated with women. Born in Vinay to a noble family he did the typical training to become a knight. One day picked a fight with Man in Black, so they had a duel and by some stroke of luck won, and became the Grand Champion of Zexen. Has a thing going on with Drummsta the apprentice to Lady Chris. Finally worked his way up to leader of the knights where he spends all day goofing around and bar hopping. But after phase 5 he'll be going off to train with Fanatics of Mt. St. Loa.

You may have managed to beat Man In Black, but you lost to me and now I'm the Grand Champion of Zexen! Mwehehe.

Harukaze wrote:
Very interesting story for your character, MF. It's a shame that Lady Chris exists in your version of the world though; in mine, none of the characters and none of the history - at least, none based on specific character action - carries over. The cultures are all the same, but the people involved and what happened to make the nations what they are are all based on characters based on the forum members, or ones made up specifically for the back story.

That's a good point, Haru. It was more of a coincidence though. Milan didn't exactly plan out his whole character. In some activities we have in Zexen, I just add bits of information to other people's characters and sometimes they seem to like it and keep the idea. The whole drunkard Milan and apprentice of Lady Chris was also done with me, never thought it'd stick though.

iscalio wrote:
With people like (Orochimaru) Gaara and Beast Rune it appears as if Zexen did not only become more goofy, but also more evil.

Bwaha! Even the great iscalio has been fooled by us!!! We may look evil and scary, but we're all just idiots.

Harukaze wrote:
It makes sense that Gaara's evil, he's a merchant. They're scumbags! *runs!*

Erm...? Being a merchant makes me evil...? *sigh* Just cuz I won't bargain to give people a lower price for my failure urns.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Her infantry regiment is the Covenant of Cuchulainn, a group of loyal soldiers who are required to make a pact with her, that if she falls, they are to avenge her death. Betrayal means execution. The name is derived from a story where two friends, Connall and Cuchulainn, made such a pact. Cuchulainn died in battle, so Connall went and avenged him by destroying his killer

Is that from Celtic mytholgy? I'm just curious about it, being that I'm fascinated with mythology in general. Especially Celtic currently, since I know next to nothing about it (but thats not saying much considering modern celtic mythology is a mix of Welsh, French or Gallic, Irish, Scotch and English folklore, druidity and culture).

I would tend to agree with Brect0's general sentiments about there not being a lot of characters that haven't been done yet in the game. Everyone has that one character they love and think is the best so naturally any character they try to make will be a mix of their own thats based on the skeletal outline of their favorite character. It's really who did so the best and truly made a character seem like he or she was a member of the Suikoden World that we just haven't met yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
It makes sense that Gaara's evil, he's a merchant. They're scumbags! *runs!*

Erm...? Being a merchant makes me evil...? *sigh* Just cuz I won't bargain to give people a lower price for my failure urns.

More like, you're a Zexen merchant. And I was joking. Note the rest of the line after I ran away. You gotta admit, the Zexen Council in GS3 were scumbags, one and all.

Gaara wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
Very interesting story for your character, MF. It's a shame that Lady Chris exists in your version of the world though; in mine, none of the characters and none of the history - at least, none based on specific character action - carries over. The cultures are all the same, but the people involved and what happened to make the nations what they are are all based on characters based on the forum members, or ones made up specifically for the back story.

That's a good point, Haru. It was more of a coincidence though. Milan didn't exactly plan out his whole character. In some activities we have in Zexen, I just add bits of information to other people's characters and sometimes they seem to like it and keep the idea. The whole drunkard Milan and apprentice of Lady Chris was also done with me, never thought it'd stick though.

Well, if he doesn't mind, I can still use him in some fashion, and just not mention the Lady Chris stuff. In my version of the world, she'd simply not exist, but any stories I wrote could still apply without contradicting anything that has been said about him. I've chosen not to use a few tidbits about my Harmonian friend, for example, so that it fits in my view of the world without contradicting his own. The story could then apply to both worlds.

I do challenge Brecht to find what character in Suikoden matches my own. He might share a few vague similarities with the various Tenkai, but that's entirely by coincidence. Originally he wasn't going to be Chief at all, but due to a misunderstanding in the topic I started, he sort of got named Chief, back before I really turned him into a character. I had to figure out how he'd be chief so young - and I wanted a young character because I haven't done a teenager/young twenty-something in a long time; most of my others have been older individuals - and his father and uncle dying was the best thing that worked. He is otherwise utterly unrelated to any existing Suikoden character. My version of Celes, likewise, is unrelated to existing Suikoden characters; the same is true of Ken and Ran and Daniel and Grace and any of a number of other supporting cast characters I've come up with.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I better put up a description of the history of Everyone's Grudge.

Everyone's Grudge was born into the Lizard Clan. He was a tiny little lizard who wasn't growing due to a birth defect. He also wasn't building enough muscle mass to wield even a small, custom made Gride. He felt out of place in Great Hollow. He couldn't fight and that's all he ever wanted to do. So, he left Great Hollow in serch of a weapon to wield.

He came upon Iksay Village where he was insulted for being a "grassie". He found companionship with an old woman in Iksay. Everyone's Grudge told the old woman about his past and his desire to fight. The old woman's grandson showed him about this game "Final Fantasy". The boy showed him about a monster called tonberry. Everyone's Grudge fell in love with the idea. He then based his training after the tonberry's fighting style.

After becoming skilled at tonberry-style, Everyone's Grudge took a trip to Vinay Del Zexay because the old woman reccomended it. He was skilled enough to get noticed by Gaara. Gaara made Everyone's Grudge the governor of North Yaza where he resides today. Because of his birth, he does not dislike the Grasslanders as is the norm in Zexen.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alfon Sori, or The Black Knight as his fellow soldiers call him, was born within the trees of Lasahn. His parents were killed when he was four years old when a Tinto Raiding Party burned down his village. The Tinto soldiers left him there, but a traveler know as Leb happened to come by the burned village. He took him in as his own son and tought him how to fight, survive in the wild, and sail a ship.

When he was twenty years old he joined the Island Nations army and was appointed governer of the place he loves, Lasahn. After awhile of fighting and death he grew tired of the Island Nations ways and customs. He was walking through the port of Asra when he saw a trade ship from Zexen arrive at the port. He bought a few books on Zexen ways, clothing, and customs and decided he would leave to Island Nations army and immigrate to Zexen.

Leb, now the Duke of Gaien allowed the "Pirate Captain" to leave the Islands and go to Zexen. But there was something he still needed to do. he got a hold of the great General Njord leader of the Island Nations first regiment, and proposed a duel. They met eachother at the foot of a mountain in Asra and dueled where they stood. It started to rain and The Black Knight stood no chance against the great Njord. He lost and lied on the ground dieing. Njord saved him with the medical supplies he brought and brought him to the Tinto-Island Nations border. He then snuck him through Tinto and brought him to Zexen. The Black knight never forgot what Njord did for him, and still kepps in cntact with him even though they are in two different countries.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is taken from my biography posted elsewhere in the Highland board.

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

A biography on John Layfield? Oh my, where does one begin? Well, from the beginning, I suppose.

A man of my age, in the Unicorn Brigade? How come? Well, as a child, raised in Blight's Bay, I was bright and strong, a perfect combination. The Layfield name, while respected was not so high-up the echelon of Highland politics that we were brash and arrogant.

But the military never interested me, somehow. Sure, I had the attributes, 6'6", more than 250 pounds of realitivly well-toned muscle. I was like the stereotypical warrior in some ways except for my straw-coloured hair neatly composed on my head and my affable smile. As well as my preference for Harmonia 'Business Suits' over more traditional clothing.

So, I made my way into the trading business. And proved quite good at it, I might add. Soon goods were being shipped all over, Dunan, Toran, even the Nameless Lands took my goods. The merchant trade was a hard one in some ways, especially as I kept it as a one man operation. No-one can overthrow you in a one-man operation. At least, that's how I felt.

Trade slowed down after a while, of course, this was during the years of the Dunan Incursion War. And while, I'd never question the ability of the Blight family to rule, the skill of the False King, Jowy Atrides-Blight was another matter. So, I did all I could, I used all the connections I could muster and in the courts a plot was soon forming to oust the False King of Highland. But one day, I was betrayed by a nobel who couldn't see past his own bag of Potch.

It was that quick. My business in ruins, and I, an exile. Being in exile is a death-sentence. You'd become a hero in Highland for slaying one. So, I fled, to Harmonia, where the Layfield name still meant something. Not a lot, but enough to get me past the border patrols.

And the next thing I know, it's all over. Highland, under the control of murderers and thieves had fallen. With that, I knew what I had to do. I trained, both with the sword and military strategy. I knew both would be needed when the time came to retake our nation.

But the Higheast Rebellion began too soon, fueled by Harmonian interests rather than our own. I refused to fight and once more, I was exiled. I'm not ashamed to say I thought that was the end of our great nation. But as suddenly as it had ended, Highland was reborn. This was a recurring theme all over the world, even the Toran Republic fell to the Imperial Revival Movement. My heart gladened, I returned to Highland.

Of course, the Layfield name meant nothing now, after two exiles, so no government position was awaiting me. And the good name of my trading company was in tatters so I was in no position to revive that either. So, determined to make sure that nothing like the previous years would happen again, I joined the military.

Normally, my age and name would mean I'd actually start off in a higher postion. Captain of a Unicorn Brigade division at least. But thanks to the unfortunate events of years prior, I had no option but to start at the bottom. As a Unicorn Brigade Trainee.

As of now, I'm still in the Unicorn Brigade but making great progress at the same time. Refining my skills, passing them onto to my much younger comrades, and impressing my superiors is all good for the nation in the long run. It's just a matter of seeing how far my skills can take me. After all, a man like me can't be held down forever, right?

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

And, as it turns out, I can't. Shortly after graudating from training and being made a full Unicorn Brigade officer, with honors, thanks to my previous experience in the field, my mature years as well as my stalwart dedication to the ideals of the nation has earned myself a promotion to Captain of my division, the Tenzan division.

As long as I fare better than Rowd, I should be able to stay off the list of 'Worst Captains Ever'.

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Ah, once more my swift climb up the career ladder forces me to update the chronicles of my life to date. So, what has happened to John Layfield since his promotion to Unicorn Brigade Captain?

Simply put, a mixture of Harmonian, Highland and my own personal training methods quickly turned the Unicorn Brigade - Tenzan Division into the softly treated stock they once were (Due to their massacre some years prior) into a strict military unit, able to hold their own with youth divisions throughout Highland. (and therefore against other nations 'elite' forces, haha!)

That sort of improvment doesn't get ignored, even when you carry a tarnished reputation such my own. And so, some upper-level brass decided that I'd be better put to use serving in the one place I truely belonged, the main Royal Highland Army! Strings were pulled, favours were called in and at one point it seemed as if it would be all for naught as various 'old-fashioned' (Atrides-Blight supporters. Oh yes, they still exist, even in this prosperous time.) nobels fought against the idea. Eventually, however, my efforts were enough to get me positioned in the Highland Army.

Right at the bottom rung.

A common soldier, maybe, but it was a dream fulfiled. I was now part of Highlands military force, able to serve the Kingdom as best I could. My strength may not be much, but every drop of blood helps keep the body alive.

And that's where I am right now, a Highland Soldier. Still training hard each day, and catching up on Highlands military and diplomatic affairs along with respecting my superiors, and keeping an eye on those who would see me exiled once more for trying to secure Highland's future. As long as I continue to excel and serve as best I can, I see no reason why the state itself should turn on me. Let us hope that no despot rises to power as one did during those dark times. Well, that's my tale until now, but I have a feeling it won't be finished for a long time.

Sometimes I even amaze myself. Cocky sounding, no doubt, but nonetheless true. No sooner were my prospects looking dim thanks to Old-Atrides Loyalists throughout the government than suddenly I'm catapulted to the head of my own Highland military unit!

How did such a thing happen? Surprisingly, not through military prowess. After all, preperations for war take time and I simply haven't been given an opportunity to show my talents on the field of battle thus far. No, my promotion came from interests in the arts. In history. In military strategy. This, combined with my ever increasing personal strength (the fine art of dueling has suddenly become open to me, reinforcing my work ethic in that respect) convinced the impartial officers governing the infantry units of the Royal Highland Army to offer me a promotion to Squad Leader.

While proud of my normal Highland uniform, (It still hangs in my private tent, which is the same as a single officers tent, except we don't cram eight people into mine. A 'privilage' of my promotion, I guess you could say.) I've upgraded to the standard, more asthetically pleasing uniform given to Squad Leaders throughout the Kingdom. Training has been stepped up, and in what may be considered a unique move, all troops have been given a rudimentary course in tactics. I feel there's no point in having thick-headed grunts. If they don't know what you want, how can they carry out the orders to achieve it?

Of course, such rapid promotions often leave people casting doubts over your abilites. A paradox, seeing as I think rapid-fire promotions speak for my ability well enough on it's own. But, as always, there are people to appease, some quite important and influential. For that reason, I hope to have the chance to lead my unit into battle soon. Tensions are building up. The 'Holy Kingdom' of Harmonia are not to be trusted and the City-States of Jowston are a flying squirrel's hair away from attempting a fool-hardy attack on our soverign lands. If either nation tries anything, they will pay. And I am to be the man to collect the bill.

I was a merchant after all. And even with my newfound position, I'm not likely to forget it.

I knew it! War! Treasonous dogs!

A harsh beginning, I suppose. But I feel it better to record your emotions as they come so future generations can really understand the actions of their ancestors.

Anyway, I was right. On both counts. Both Harmonia and Jowston have launched attacks on our soverign territories. The Harmonian offensive consists of a single army which will clash with one of our own as we march for Urbo Haven. Meanwhile, however, numerous Jowston armies are marching to our western border.

Such a large scale attack was not dismissed entirely by the military strategists but it was still considered an unlikely event, as indicated by my new position.

Yes. In haste to prepare several armies capable of fending off these attacks, I, as one of the older Squad Leaders have been given an instant field promotion to Captain on the eve of battle. I had barely time to get used to my Squad Leader uniform, but nonetheless it now hangs next to my common soldier garb in my new Captain's Tent.

How will this battle go? I do not know. I do not even know where my unit will be deployed yet. Is this a sign of a lack of patriotism? Surely not. One must accept reality in these situations. Whatever happens on the field of battle, my main priority is to ensure the continuation of Highland. Never again shall it be allowed to be swept away by the influence of Jowston dogs.

And that's a promise.

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Things are not going as well as they should... Our men are fighting bravely but hordes of Jowston barbarians threaten to engulf us with sheer numbers. ....

The tide may be about to turn however. The military consul have made a brave and difficult choice, I have been promoted to the White Wolf Brigade so as to be at my most effective in battle. I haven't yet had the chance to use my sword in battle, but the superiors assume I'd be best able to wield it alongside comparable company such as the elite troops of the Highland Army.

Can't say I disagree.

Our unit of the much vaunted White Wolf Army should be engaged in battle soon. And when we do, we'll see who will prevail in a fair battle. Onwards, Highland! We have fought well enough so far, one strong push and we shall reclaim that which is rightfully ours!

Hey, at least I'm not a masked, insane, blood god. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, everyone certainly goes to great strides to try and seem interesting. Haha, don't worry, at least a couple of you succeeded.

Krawnik the Pirate, real name Helmholtz en Kuldes (but don't spread it around). During early teenagehood, left Obel to piss around in the nearby waters and ignore any responsibilities layed on by my lineage. Lived out of the Pirate's Nest for a few years, and established the small ragtag band of mostly braindead sea-dogs called the Saiwai Pirates. Picked a fight with the Obel navy one day just to be a jerk and attempt to prove that I didn't need my family to prove my own merit. I got completely wrecked, my ship was scuttled, a few of the original Saiwais were lost at sea. Came to back at the palace feeling like a right little jerk. Ceded to the rule of Obel in time for the 'rent to retire at a little place in northern Kooluk. Was about 18 at the time of my succession to the Obel throne. Dad left me with the Column of Obel, the entirety of the Obel fleet, and the assurance that if I was a lousy king he'd come back and smack the soverignty back into me. Been straight as an arrow ever since.

Just a humble Pirate King here.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About me? Well, where do I begin? I do so love stories. They let the mind wander and travel to such exciting places. People say I need to focus more and devote myself to something, but being an aristocrat can be so booooooring sometimes.

Well, anyway. My mother and father were both from the creme-de-la-creme of the Saintler Point social elite. Mother had her debutante ball at the age of 16 and her marriage to father was pretty much assured since he came with the biggest pocketbook of all the suitors. They loved each other ... I guess. If you could call what they had LOVE. I mean, I LOVE chocolate ice cream but I'm not going to have a child with it. Anyway, smewhere in between the season tickets to the opera, polo lessons and the four-hour afternoon nap they managed to sire me.

Mother didn't exactly know what to DO with me after I was born and good luck to any servant woman who dares try to tell daddy's little princess what to do. I was raised by a nanny. Growing up I saw my mother mostly at mealtimes and social functions where she would parade me around like some kind of china doll. I had a new outft every day of the week, more toys than I could ever play with, a nanny I called "mummy" and a father who seemed that he resented my presence. That is, he resented my presence when he was around, which wasn't often. He was too busy with his business ... and his secretary, but that's as far as I'm taking that one.

Being the eligible property I was, mother and father tried "studding" me out quite often during my teenage years. I was the hottest property among the upper crust, but no one could really understand why I seemed more interested in riding horses than dancing with pretty young girls. When I was caught in a trist with one of the young ladies' stableboys behind the barn when I was 16, it pretty much put an end to THAT mystery and assured Daddy's Little Embarrassment a place in the most posh boarding school that was as far away rom home as you could possibly go and still be in civilzed lands.

I studied in Antei for a few years, becoming immersed in classics like "Imperial Love" by the great Milich Oppenheimer and "The Chronicles of Schtolteheim Reinbach III" by Micky. It was then I developed a love of fantasy and the classic heroes of legend. Mother and father died in a fire when I was 19 and left me everything: the house, the estate, the summer home in Addervon, oodles of cash, and an entire entourage of strapping servant boys who would cater to my every whim. It was delightful. ANd stop right there. I had nothing to do with their demise. I could never do such a horrific and vile act. I did love them after all, even if they didn't love me ... or each other ... I loved them.

After a few years of complete and utter decadence and hedonism (and no matter how poisoning to the soul it is, it sure is fun!) I decided to share the wealth, so to speak, and started embarking on an endless string of pet causes: save the Gul-horses; the Muse Massacre Survivors' Relief Fund; you name it, I gave generously. Luckily I had a rather endless stream of income from father's investments. It came in so fast I could hardly spend it quick enough. And besides, that's what I had my kept boys for.

Anyway, I soon began to realize that not everyone had the freedom I had. There was suffering and pain right here at home in the Nameless Lands. It was then I decided to start my own charitable foundation dedicated solely to the Nameless Lands. The Light Fantastic was founded. We fed the hungry, we clothed the naked, we subsidized schools and art museums and all sorts of things. It was loads of fun.

Then I had an epiphany. The biggest threat to freedom wasn't internal, but external! We had bloodthirsty neighbors who would stop at nothing to see our way of life destroyed (and I don't mean the Baroness Elberfeld and her yappy little dog, either). We were beset upon by greedy Zexen merchants (but I really shouldn't be too hard on them since manipluating them is one of the reasons I have all the money I do ... father wasn't much of a father, but he was a financial genius!) and worst of all Harmonia! A nation that had made an Olympic sport of stripping others of their freedom and adding them to their happy zealot zombie collective. Just a quick word to Hikusaak or Sasarai or whoever is in charge of that place: a caste system is soooo last century. It's positively gauche. And also, lose the hat. It does nothing for you.

The Light Fantastic then changed (I seem to do that so often, don't I?) from a charitable organization into a military one. Well, as they say, that which doesn't change is dead. There is no enemy worse than inertia. I collected the best mages from all across the Nameless Lands and we became a powerful, if underrated, fighting force. I chose mages since magic requires a bit more finesse than archery and close combat is not my style. With the amount of money I spent on this outfit there is no way I'm getting someone else's blood on it.

So that leaves me where I am today. I still continue my charity work and my endless duties on the society circuit (masquerade balls don't throw themselves you know) and I often will stop by the council meetings at Saintler Point to offer my two cents (well, actually its a few hundred thousand potch, but you know what I mean). It's amazing how mcuh effect on policy an open pocketbook can have. But I digress. I keep a small part of my income for myself and use the rest on what is really important: the people. What can I say? I have a big heart.

Well, my dear, the night is still young. Are you done with your tea? Good. Let us take my carriage to the opera. I have front-row seats.

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that though there may be characters that resemble certain Suikoden characters, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. It could almost be said that every character that has ever been devised draws traits from someone else, fictional or real. We can only write about things that we know, or at least that we can imagine, and most of what we imagine is based off of our own experience, just elaborated. I say use those traits that you find atractive; that isn't to say that you should create a carbon copy, but that you can use the idea of the noble, failing emperor without creating another Barbarossa. As long as your character remains your own, the traits can be drawn from anywhere. Traits aren't the character, they are just things that add to a characters personality, and it is the personality that makes the character.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I do challenge Brecht to find what character in Suikoden matches my own.

I think you misunderstood me. My point was never, "all you're characters were done before by other characters in the Suikoden universe." But rather, characters seem to all have a boring back story that seems similar to the backstory of all the Tenkai stars and some of the Silverbergs. Or if you're villainous, Luca Blight. Even outside of Suikoden. Harukaze, your character sounds like the lead of every RPG I've ever played. And I don't find much orignality in it. Just detail after detail about something that sounds like something I've read before. I'm looking for something with wit and moxy.

Though I've never read your full work, Harukaze, I must say, with the description you gave me, I'm not impressed. It sounds like a story about leadership thrust upon somebody. Where is the drama? Where is the character? In your given story, to me, emotion is more important than detail. Describe emotions, use metaphors, not just what is physically happening. By emotion I don't just mean, "said so-and-so, blasting with anger." I mean realism. If you want an orignal character you need to perpetuate one emotion and blast it way out of proportion. That's where the great archetypes come from, so invent new ones.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a time when Ganon Dun was simply a miner, like many others who live in Tinto. Born in Tigermouth Village, he lived a very simple life where he learned everything he knew from his family and whatever books where in his home. A book on magical runes would occassionally catch his eye, amongst others.

To some Tinto would seem a strange place. If a male doesn't appear to be physically strong, then this is abnormal. Like many of those within the Republic of Tinto I was brought up to adhere to these social norms. My father taught me how to defend myself, taught me how to fight and taught me about mining.

I participated in local bare knuckle fighting tournaments that happened very late at night in Tigermouth. This would be where I would meet a lot of new people who would become my closest friends. We all had developed a very strong interest in the most basic forms of hand-to-hand combat, but didn't limit ourselves to this. I became quite fond of a weapon my grandfather Yuji Dun used to weild, called a 'Naginata' or at least some variation on it; I would grow to rely on this weapon later in life.

As the years passed I started working full time in the mines, where I met many other new people from the different regions in Tinto. This would be where I discovered that there were fighting tournaments, just like the one in Tigermouth, in about every part of Tinto. I would travel across Tinto with my friends from Tigermouth and we would participate in the various tournaments in each region, slowly realising that this was some sort of a secret society. Within this society I would climb the tiers and become one of the most well known fighters due to my dedication and compassion for such basic forms of battle.

We had gone unnoticed for years now away from the eyes of the President, but eventually word got out. I have no idea how or why, but many of us where called to stand before him. However what he would say took us by surprise. President Iscalio is an intelligent gentleman, and realised that trying to halt these late night activities would be a great restriction on so many Tinto natives, such that it is called a secret society.

Instead, the President merely asked that we serve him in matters of war. So as to keep this secret society away from the eyes of the rest of the world, we were treated in some ways as a mercenary regiment. Many of us had little interest in the grand scale of war or being told who and where to fight clad in armour and wielding metal weapons. As such we recieved payment, to encourage us to participate.

Over time we have grown, and I have become the commander of the regiment that is known as 'The Wild Soldiers' throughout the land. When I was appionted the position I was also given a magical rune, handed down from the church of Tinto, that would aid me in many battles. The weapon once known as 'Yuji Naginata' has now been modified and refined to my own liking, and is a weapon I now call 'Inoki'. With fighting spirit unlike any other, we fight for Tinto. I may not look like a soldier, often wearing working boots and a chainmail vest over my Taikoku Wear to battle; but as the commander of a powerful and dedicated regiment I realise greater things and a brighter future, for myself and for Tinto.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I should join into the fun here. I hope everyone enjoys my rather unusual back story.

Ranadiel Kendou Marius was born in the back woods of Harmonia. Both of his parents were humble squirrel farmers. There job was essentially just to raise squirrelsin an attempt to create new breeds of squirrels. It had been a family tradition since around the founding of the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. The family had always been seen as a bunch of oddballs by the nearby villages, but they didn't care. However I'm getting slightly off the topic of my character aren't I?

He grew up secluded from society and spent most of his time playing with the squirrels his parents raised. During this time he was taught the art of the sword from his father. As time passed he showed great promise in both swordsmanship and squirrel rearing. Sadly during this time his mother passed away as well. He was left only with his father and the squirrels. His father took ill shortly afterwards and died from a weakened heart. Before he died though, he revealed to his son several family secrets including that his sword allowed communication with squirrels.

After these losses he doubled up his sword training and began to start breeding squirrels. After some interesting breeding experiments(translation I have no idea how) he managed to breed a squirrel that was the size of a horse. Estatic that he finally managed to accomplish one of the dreams of his family, he immediatly set off to the nearest town to show off his latest squirrel. However upon arriving he was shunned and almost ran out of town. When the townsfolk had almost shooed him out a person arrived saying that bandits had kidnapped some children. He immediatly set out to try and save them. He fought with the bandits and managed to defeat them. Upon his return to the town he was hailed as a hero. He traveled around to several other towns where he began to make a name of himself.

His reputation attracted the attention of several higher ups in the military. They scouted him and got him to join. He continued to make a name for himself through various exploits in the military. Eventually he managed to perfect the process for breeding the giant squirrels and was given his own unit shortly afterwards because of the tactical advanatage of having something the enemy would never expect. He managed to find a fragment of the rune embedded in his sword giving him greater control of squirrels. At this time he established an information network based off of squirrels accross the world. Due to him being favored by a bishop he managed to gain the Govenorship of Rega Arme.

I think that that sums th majority of it up for now. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Quote:

Everyone's Grudge told the old woman about his past and his desire to fight. The old woman's grandson showed him about this game "Final Fantasy".

So wait what form was Final Fantasy in? Was it a tabletop RPG? Becuase I really can't see one of those doing too well in the Suikoverse. Oh well I have squirrels the size of horses, so I guess I can't say too much about logic.

Quote:

and worst of all Harmonia! A nation that had made an Olympic sport of stripping others of their freedom and adding them to their happy zealot zombie collective.

I'll have you know that that is not a sport in the Harmonian Olympics. Although it does sound like fun. Maybe I should add it to the next Olympics. Although that would require me to have some part in allowing zombies into the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. Since I hate zombies I can't see that happening.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brect0 wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
I do challenge Brecht to find what character in Suikoden matches my own.

I think you misunderstood me. My point was never, "all you're characters were done before by other characters in the Suikoden universe." But rather, characters seem to all have a boring back story that seems similar to the backstory of all the Tenkai stars and some of the Silverbergs. Or if you're villainous, Luca Blight. Even outside of Suikoden. Harukaze, your character sounds like the lead of every RPG I've ever played. And I don't find much orignality in it. Just detail after detail about something that sounds like something I've read before. I'm looking for something with wit and moxy.

Though I've never read your full work, Harukaze, I must say, with the description you gave me, I'm not impressed. It sounds like a story about leadership thrust upon somebody. Where is the drama? Where is the character? In your given story, to me, emotion is more important than detail. Describe emotions, use metaphors, not just what is physically happening. By emotion I don't just mean, "said so-and-so, blasting with anger." I mean realism. If you want an orignal character you need to perpetuate one emotion and blast it way out of proportion. That's where the great archetypes come from, so invent new ones.

I am sorry, but I find your comments insulting. You're being a fool if you expect a one paragraph description of my character to be chock full of emotion and backstory and the like. I gave a bare bonesed description, nothing else. You don't know my writing, and with commentary like this, you never will. Try waiting until you actually get to know anyone's character before you respond so negatively. If you read anything I wrote at all and had that comment, I'd thank you for the feedback; I want to know what people think of my writing, positively or negatively. But since you have not, I suggest you keep your comments to yourself.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ranadiel wrote:
Quote:

Everyone's Grudge told the old woman about his past and his desire to fight. The old woman's grandson showed him about this game "Final Fantasy".

So wait what form was Final Fantasy in? Was it a tabletop RPG? Becuase I really can't see one of those doing too well in the Suikoverse. Oh well I have squirrels the size of horses, so I guess I can't say too much about logic.

I'm not quite sure, but how else could it be explained? Tonberries are from FF. No where else (at least I think).
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

but how else could it be explained?

Ummm ... Juppo made it? :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: