Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The best developed character on Suikox
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: The best developed character on Suikox Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about we make a competiton in which the character who has been best developed (in a fantasy type of way) to fit in Suikox (in a rpg way) is selected. this would be decided by their posts in the blacksmith, define your regiment, biography and by the nations leader in which the person belongs. Ideas, coments?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can give you a comment: Your character ("The Dark Destroyer of Souls") does not fit into Suikox (rpg-wise) at all. And I think he's overdone and corny. He finds a sword, thinks that it would be powerful enough to kill a god and so he decides to do it. Why? And then the sword wants more god-souls ('soul feasting' seems pretty common among some characters by the way) and your character obeys. Why? It's a sword!
And you say that he became the most perfect being because he can kill everything. Why do you think the power to destroy is the only relevant characteristic? Your character is a psychopath with some psycho demi-god followers who worship his silver hair, and he's a mass murderer. I wouldn't exactly call him perfect.
What's his motivation by the way? Why does he want to end everything?

We generally seem to have many characters here that are evil, or nuts, or masked. That was also my impression while reading some of the tournament descriptions.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way I haven't given any descriptions, if I'm used in any battles what are you guys going to write?

Should I go ahead and give some info?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
By the way I haven't given any descriptions, if I'm used in any battles what are you guys going to write?

Yes, it would make writing about you a great deal easier. Defining your regiment is a very good thing to do so that your international battles can have some more detail.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:

Yes, it would make writing about you a great deal easier. Defining your regiment is a very good thing to do so that your international battles can have some more detail.

I'm going to give it a shot tonight then, I'm sure I can come up with lots of cool things about the Dark Dragon Snipers.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'd like to think my own character is fairly fleshed out, given that I've written about 12,000 words in a story about him so far, and I've only just barely begun. I've gotten one and a half chapters in, and the first storyarc alone [out of four currently planned] is going to be three or four chapters. I might even share the stories publically once I complete a storyarc. We'll see :)

In short though, he's the very young Clan Chief of the Clan Safir, and leader of the Safirii Wolves of Senai. His father had been the previous leader of the Wolves and his uncle had been the previous Clan Chief, but both of them were killed in battle when Harmonia attacked. He was being groomed for the role, but had them thrust unceremoniously upon him when he was secreted out of the city as it fell. He carries with him the secret treasure of the Safirii, taken from its resting place at their secret temple. And now, after months in exile, he is finally coming home. And the Harmonians should be trembling behind the stone walls of Chanta Safirii, since no one knows all the secrets of that fortress better than the Wolves of Senai.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, my fellow Zexeners really shaped Milan for me.

Milan is the leader of the Zexen Knights, who is constantly making trouble for Gaara and the others. He's sort of a cross between Leo from Suikoden III and Lui Kui from Outlaws of the Marsh. He's a drunken ne'er do well who's completely infatuated with women. Born in Vinay to a noble family he did the typical training to become a knight. One day picked a fight with Man in Black, so they had a duel and by some stroke of luck won, and became the Grand Champion of Zexen. Has a thing going on with Drummsta the apprentice to Lady Chris. Finally worked his way up to leader of the knights where he spends all day goofing around and bar hopping. But after phase 5 he'll be going off to train with Fanatics of Mt. St. Loa.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interesting story for your character, MF. It's a shame that Lady Chris exists in your version of the world though; in mine, none of the characters and none of the history - at least, none based on specific character action - carries over. The cultures are all the same, but the people involved and what happened to make the nations what they are are all based on characters based on the forum members, or ones made up specifically for the back story.

If our worlds were compatible, I might have asked at some point if I could pattern someone off of you. My stories are not all Grasslands-centric; I'm currently beginning work on one where Harmonia - and one Harmonian in particular - is the protagonist. It's one I'm really hoping to be able to share, once I break out of my current writer's block.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Physically my character Gaius Acheron is fairly well descript but not really about him. I was planning on revealing more details in a story I'm writing but as of yet, no such luck. He is well described on a few boards in Tinto as having the "wing" hairstyle(basically if anyones seen my pic in the Personal Picture thread, you may know what I'm talking about) and wearing torn off sleeved under an iron breast plate. The breast plate itself has different characters written on it, but as of yet unexplained but they will be. He also wears a black belt over brown pants that get swallowed in fussy boots that are a darker hue of brown.

He is the prefect over Crom Desert and is the governor of its only city. Crom Desert was once a fertile valley, with a river cutting between the two mountains. Ages ago a miner named Icabod Collier led a troup of miners to tap the valuable resources there. The miners called Icabod Crumb, due to his voracious appetite and lack of table manners, which was later turned into the name for Crom Desert. Through a series of miscalculations they ended up punching a hole to the surface right under the river and it drained into the caverns that existed there. The fertility dried up and beneath Crom Desert was an underground lake of freshwater that was fed by the same river. Acheron led a group of colonists down after hearing rumors about it and started a mining colony that supplies Tinto with much of their gold and salt. The city on the Acherusian Lake, as it would later be named, was called Vora City and is the capital of the Crom Region.

Acheron himself is the head of the Hunters Guild of Tinto, and the leader of Tinto's Legion, a stalwart group of 10,000+ infantry. THey are borken into 6 divisions each headed by Acheron's chosen leutenents.

Thats basically what I've done to develop him so far. Pretty good, considering I haven't really done anything nationally.

EDIT: It just occured to me that PF may have one of the highest contenders to a developed Suikox character. A bit archatypical but since he's out of town for the moment I'll throw his name in. Maybe when he gets home he can elaborate more on his character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but I think in Zexen we kind of hold the 6 Mighty Knights as more of a retired group. Or at least that's how I preceive it. Drums is the new Chris. Gaara's the new head of the Council along with MIB. Pyro, Marshy, Egg's and a few others are the new knights but we act more like the Maxmillian Knights than the Zexen Knights cause we're a bunch of goof balls.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With people like (Orochimaru) Gaara and Beast Rune it appears as if Zexen did not only become more goofy, but also more evil.

Last edited by iscalio on Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe if inspiration strikes me for a good story, would you be opposed to a more or less alternate version of you being created? I don't really have any ideas as it stands, but I don't know when story inspiration might hit me. Or at the very least, would you mind if I referenced your character in someone else's POV as being the Knight Captain? If I ever went as far as to want to write a scene with you as a character, I would work with you on tailoring him to your liking. I've already made characters out of iscalio, Celes Tilly, Ranadiel and a number of other people, they can probably tell you how obsessive I am in making sure they're happy with my portrayal of them.

Course, I really -can't- think of anything to write at the moment. I'm probably not going to be doing the duel tournament in story form, since I've got so much else on my plate, but I do like to keep options open :)

iscalio wrote:
With people like (Orochimaru) Gaara and Beast Rune Zexen appears to have not only become more goofy, but also more evil.

Precisely why I would try to write something from a Zexen perspective at all. It makes sense that Gaara's evil, he's a merchant. They're scumbags! *runs!* Look at Suikoden III ^_^ But the Knights should be different. Beast Rune, if he's a Knight, is the black sheep of the Knights.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... don't know how much use it will be to describe Benit, but she's got a long history with me as my very first original character created.

Benit Addervon is the descendant of Ilya Addervon, founder of the illegal trade city and one of Wilder's friends. Wilder, as you know, is the hero of the Nameless Lands for being the first human to slay a vampire. Ilya was a merchant at heart, but because the Nameless Lands were so barbaric and unorganized, he decided to allow for illegal trade, but only under the strict guidance of the Addervon house.

Benit herself is loyal to the Nameless Lands and the Vaguelord, keeping an extremely sharp eye on the trade business like her forefathers did. She has a smart-talking mouth that can insult hardened criminals, and she isn't afraid of anyone who dares to challenge her. Yet, she's also sensible, giving people chances, but quickly changes her mind if she deems the person too corrupt for her kindness. To summarize, Benit acts reckless, but really proceeds with caution.

Benit's weapon is called Chaotic Blue, a blue-tipped spear passed down through her family. It doesn't have any important properties, but in the right hands it can do serious damage... and Benit definitely has the right hands to use it. She bears a Water Rune that she uses in duels. To this day, no one but Benit knows what the heck 'Princess of Slight Fever' means, but she is known across the lands as such.

Her infantry regiment is the Covenant of Cuchulainn, a group of loyal soldiers who are required to make a pact with her, that if she falls, they are to avenge her death. Betrayal means execution. The name is derived from a story where two friends, Connall and Cuchulainn, made such a pact. Cuchulainn died in battle, so Connall went and avenged him by destroying his killer.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is only so much you can do inside someone else's universe, especially when a series is incomplete. That being said, I don't find most of the characters here thought provoking, or original. There is detail after detail but no content of character without splicing in something already done in the game or by someone else. It all seems like it has no style. I feel like I'm reading the same thing over and over. No detail or metaphor just strikes me like it should. It's not that the details aren't in the right place or that the writing isn't good it just seems like it only has a single texture to it.

I'm not saying my writing is better, in fact it's worse. I'm just saying finding the best character out of this lot feels difficult because you all seem the same to me. Plus there is so much writing here. I can't read it all without feeling that I'm reading the same thing over and over. We all have different tastes I suppose, but my taste is something new that hits you again and again.

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm not the most original person out there, but it's certainly better than being some omnipotent dark horse figure whose sole mission is to wreck havoc. Believe me, I've seen some horrible original characters created for RPs during my years as an RPer, and the Suikoden one I started (which failed) had some of the worst.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: