Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games you are looking forward to the most from E3 '05...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Games you are looking forward to the most from E3 '05... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey all, We've all seen things from E3 by now, but I want to know what games that are coming out/featured at E3 that you look forward to the most and why.

I'll give a few examples.

Okami (PS2): Dear sweet JESUS this game is going to be so cool! Not only are you the wolf avatar of the Japanese goddess of the sun (sweet), and not only is the game built upon the Viewtiful Joe engine (damn skippy), but you alter the game by using a calligraphy brush! Annoying tree in your way? take out your brush and swipe it through the tree and cut it down! Too dark to see? Draw a circle and make the sun rise! This game has innovation written ALL over it, and I've had the thing pre-ordered for the longest time.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN): Yeah I know, I'm a LoZ fanboy. I don't freaking care, 'cause this game is going to be awesome. The graphics on this game are the best I've ever seen by far on the GCN, and I believe it will be the pinacle of greatness that the Gamecube absolutely NEEDS. A little skimpy on details as far as plotline is concerned, but hey, It's a freaking LoZ game, so It can't be bad. (the CDI LoZ games were NOT made by Miyamoto and were therefore NOT LoZ games.)

Fire Emblem (GCN): I am not a huge strategy fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I LOVE Fire Emblem. And while this game has the same elements of the GBA Fire Emblems, just in 3D, I will still buy this game. The reasons why are because:
It's a Fire Emblem game, and
I believe this game is merely a 'test subject' game, just to see if there is a viable market for Fire Emblem on the GCN. If there is, then perhaps all of the previous Fire Emblem games that have been unreleased here in the states will be brought over in a bundle-pack, much like the LoZ games and Pac Man and Mega Man series. Therefore, I shall support the Fire Emblem market on the GCN because I want to play all of the previous Fire Emblem games without having to aquire an emulator and finding translations, ect.

We Love Katamari (PS2): It's the sequel to Katamari Damaci, what else needs to be said? :3

Mario Kart DS (DS): 2 words: Online play. That right there just sold the game for me. The fact that Nintendo is now fully supporting the DS by making a Wi-fi system for it is a huge improvement for the company, which will show through in a lot of their games.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment, as far as games that were released at E3 that I really liked. There's more, I just can't remember...ah well, 'tis late and I should rest now. I look forward to your replies.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am also looking forward to the releases of okami and the katamari sequel; after a year of almost new gaming nothingness, i'm itching for something exciting *so3 was a huge letdown.*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well out of the games you have listed I am most looking forward to the Gamecube Fire Emblem. I recently downloaded a few more movie demos of the game and it looks excellent. I have high hopes for how well it will sell on the GCN. Since it stays true to the regular format, nothing should stop it from becoming a success.

By the way, love the avatar, sybillious :)
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Either Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, or Fire Emblem. I own Fire Emblem for the Gameboy Advance SP and I love it...a 3D one would be awesome.

Probably Fire Emblem the most...because I haven't even played Wind Waker for the GameCube yet (and it's only twenty dollars now right?).
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it would definitely be Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess as ot was the deciding factor in my purchasing a Gamecube. The presentation of Wind Waker didn't appeal to me at all so, for the first time, I passed on a console Zelda game and, in turn, the Gamecube and picked up a PS2 instead. (a fortunate turn of events)

I'm not one to judge a game solely by its graphics, but the overall look of Wind Waker put me off, but I had picked up the limited edition Zelda games (Ocarina of Time: Master Quest and Zelda Collector's Edition) but when I saw the stills and trailers for Twilight Princess, I knew I had to get it.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the consensus. Twilight Spirits seems to be the only game I'm looking forward to. I was turned off by the Cell shading, so I haven't played Wind Waker. I haven't played a new Zelda game in such a long time. By just looking at the screens you can tell that the level of detail has been refined and enhanced. I believe this is the Zelda game we've been waiting for ever since Ocarina of Time came out.

There's also Radiata stories, but I may wait a little bit before actually getting the game. I haven't heard one concrete review about it yet, but games with an extraordinary amount of recruits always catch my eye. Besides, it's Tri-Ace's project, so I would at least like to check it out.

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I find interesting, is Zelda: Twilight Princess has been designed with the North American market in mind, perhaps due to the divide caused by Wind Waker. While Wind Waker was, undeniably, a successful installment in the Zelda series, it wasn't as widely received as its predecessors.

As for Twilight Princess, the game's director, Eiji Aonuma, has gone on record to say this:

Quote:
"Making video games is a business," said Aonuma, "and so you have to strategically consider what markets you're going to appeal to. With Twilight Princess, we had meetings early on with the North American localization team to discuss things like character design, particularly with Link. We're focusing heavily on the American market, and hope it will appeal strongly there."

In addition to the overall look and feel of the game, it's got me wondering if we'll see a release schedule much like Zelda: Ocarina of Time, with a week (or less) between the Japanese and North American releases. I wouldn't be surprised, since the game is currently on the release schedule during the holiday season so a concurrent release could have the potential for record sales.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm excited a little bit for the new Zelda but mostly, I'm excited about "We Love Katamari" because Katamari Damacy is one of my favorite games. Though I don't know how they're going to make it better. It's already the most orignal game released in recent memory, how they're going to top it is a mystery.

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
I was turned off by the Cell shading, so I haven't played Wind Waker.

You really should give it a try. You get used to the cell shading and come to appreciate how beautiful the game is. It's a boatload of fun; you won't regret it if you play it. I almost didn't because of the weird cell stuff, but it does add to the game.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to the next Zelda game. The third Prince of Persia is also on my list (yay! happy!) and Fire Emblem looks promising.

I don't believe it was at E3 or anything, but I can't wait for the next Tales game (Tales of Legendia or something, I think?). Pretty! *_*

Katamari Damacy was AWESOME...! Another one will be greatly appreciated.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Tales of Legendia looks pretty neat, I downloaded a movie demo of it as well and I can't wait until it is released. The annoying part there is, that we won't get it until mid November if we are lucky. I would not be surprised (though saddened) if the release date was pushed back until December...or even early 2006, now that is scary.

Speaking of the Tales series, I have been playing the translated version of Tales of Phantasia. Now that game is cool, and comes close to beating Tales of Destiny graphics wise, and that was a PSX game (Phantasia being on the SNES). I love all the Tales games, and damnwell hope if that Tales of Legendia does well and is successful in sales and popularity they release Tales of Rebirth (or even Tales of Symphonia) in the US.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am looking foreward to the new Zelda as well. It has been in the works for a long time, so I bet it'll be outstanding. As for the Wind Waker, I agree with CT. It's a really good game despite the weird/kinda bad graphics. There is a lot to do with it and it has pretty good replay value due to the new game +. Unfortunately, you can only do one new game plus which is really, really dumb. I had to play four games insted of three because of it. It is good though.

I can't think of another good game at the moment. I'll think of more later perhaps. But if there's gonna be a new Kirby game, I'll look foreward to it.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh! "Okami" and "We Love Katamari", of course! I just love katamari damacy!
By the way, "Okami" means "wolf" in japanese.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mostly what the topic creator said,

Okami
Legend of Zelda: Twillight Princess
Fire Emblem (GCN)
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario DS (The sidescroller one)
Final fantasy XII

Now onethat I'm not sure if it was at E3 or not...

Fatel Frame: The Tormented (Fatel Frame 3)

These all look really good, it makes me sad that I don't have a lot of money
:(
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wasn't too intertested with anything at E3 this year. Which is a real bummer, since i was even counting down the days until E3 came. Not even the New Zelda was enough to excite me.

probably the only thing I cared about was the Revolution. Playing old games from yesteryear is more of my cup of tea than anything else. (Earthbound.Must play. cannot find)

plus, i really want to see that dan contoller. I want to see what's so revolutionary about it.

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't say that there's much that's interesting to me this year. It seemed to be a pretty dull E3 especially compared to last year's fantastic lineup.

I might pick up Castlevania: Curse of Darkness depending on how well it turns out. The whole devil summoning thing really interests me, but I'm worried about how well, or how badly, the devil's AI is gonna be.
DragonQuest VIII also looks interesting. I played Dragon Warrior III on the Game Boy Color and it was a really fun little game. I definitely want to see what a modern, full size sequel is like.

And knowing me, I'm gonna get at least two of Sony's three platformer sequels that they are gonna have out this year. I'm definitely getting Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. I can't wait to see what this highly vaunted gimmick they have where you have to wear actual 3D glasses for some of the levels. Hopefully they make a longer game this time around compared to Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
I'm kind of torn on whether to get Ratchet: Deadlocked, considering how unsatisfying I found Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. I thought that they focused on multiple in URA that the single player experience was so lackluster and just plain boring at times. Going Commando had a much better single player experience.
I'll probably get Jak X: Combat Racing just because I like those kind of racing games. It's just a lot of fun to race people and shoot at them. I'll also get Burnout Revenge just so I can spend a lot of nights playing online against other people. Hopefully it has a better learning curve than Burnout 3 and that the AI isn't so rubber bandy.

Shadow of the Colossus looks amazing and since it's made by the same people who did ICO, I'm definitely looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to see what it's like to have to hunt down and kill sixteen giants. I just hope there's more to the game than that otherwise that might be a short game. Tomb Raider: Legend looks pretty good actually. Since it's being developed this time by the folks who did Soul Reaver, this might be the first Tomb Raider game worth picking up since the first one.

Other stuff I want to see include Shadow the Hedgehog (please don't screw up another Sonic game, Sega), Prince of Persia 3, and Okami. I'm not really looking forward to the Zelda game since I don't have a GameCube or plan to get a Revolution. And I really never got into Katamari Damacy so I can't say that I'm all that interested in the sequel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: