Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

how many suikoden will be made?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: how many suikoden will be made? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

do you guys know how many suikoden willbe made?

i mean ... we know suikoden sotries plot revolve sarounf true runes... one way or another... and considering that they show us at least two or three true runes each suikoden... we are already to 4 wsuikoden out... and about 10 true runes shown.. i think ther will be around 8 or 10 suikoden if the series continue that way. what do you guys think about this?

SPOILER!!

is the rune graham cray using, when he summons the last boss, a true rune?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually we know far more True Runes than ten. There's True Fire, True Earth, True Wind, True Lightning, True Water, Life and Death, Dragon, Blue Moon, Gate, Beginning, Punishment, Eightfold, Sovereign, Beast *thinks* That... might be it. Fourteen. I think that is it, because I remember having images of twelve of them, and two on that list [Eightfold and Sovereign] lack images for some bizarre reason.

As for when it will end, no one knows, but I would guess seven. That's my take on it anyway, which I've explained in more depth elsewhere [dig through my thread list for a thread entitled Future Direction of the Series - or something like that - if you're curious].

EDIT: Forgot to mention it, but we do not think that Cray used a True Rune to control or summon that Tree Thing(tm) at all. There's a new theory about what it is, but it's in the Suikoden V forum; dig around in there and you'll find it. Regardless, it's pretty much agreed that it's very unlikely that Cray could have found a second True Rune after ridding himself of his first - the Rune of Punishment. It is probably an act of sorcery - non-Runic magic - or an uncommon but non-True rune.

Last edited by Beecham on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I dount it, since he does want to get the Rune of Punishment back and no one (except Windy apparently) can attach two True Runes to themsevles.

As for how many games? Who knows? They can keep doing games like the Gaidens and Rhapsodia forever, but in terms of true games? Mathematically I would have originally said up to 6 before they ran out of True Runes, but they seem to have slowed down a bit in introducing new runes. We only got to see or hear about one new one in SIV while the others averaged four or five. Now I think they could go 8 or 10. It all depends on sales and fan support, though.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
[Eightfold and Sovereign] lack images for some bizarre reason.

If I were to guess on the eightfold rune appearance, I'd have to say it would have that weird symbol Yuber made in three when he used that attack. Just a guess.

If I were to guess, I'd guess that they'd make however many can be made until the earth starts running out of resources. Like the FF series.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cyrano wrote:

That theory was actually bouncing around my head as well. Perhaps a rune not held by Cray though. I thought that since there really isn't a revealed True Rune governing plant life and there is obviously plant life in the world of Suikoden, than perhaps there was a True Rune of Botany, or something to that extent. Maybe this giant tree beast that is the final boss in SIV is the Rune Incarnate of said True Rune of Botany. Like the dragons that had to be fought in Suikoden III(Fire, Water, Wind) from True Runes freaking out, perhaps this is an instance where a True Rune was attempted to be mounted in a Rune Canon and caused it to freak out and bring about its incarnate, the tree beast. That maybe embelishing alot on what the story gives us to go by, but hopefully this will all be sorted out with Rhapsodia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is VERY likely that the rune that Cray uses is NOT a True Rune, the same as Vicky's rune or Windy's rune (need to specify), some people are also suggesting that is some kind of puppeteer rune that grand's animation to inanimate things like Cray's left arm and the tree, but is almost certain that is NOT a true rune, why?

Because 10 True Runes are left Konami won't waste one on Cray, and if he had a true rune then why he wanted the RoP, he couldn't use it, other than certain things like that technique Windy was supposed to use no one can have more than 1 True Rune.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you mean the Conquerer Rune, Arenegeth? Since she -does- have a True Rune, the Front Gate Rune. As for Viki, I do not believe that Konami has ever said she -doesn't- have a True Rune; it is a persistant theory of some [that I'm beginning to buy] that she has some True Rune governing time itself. Of course, the alternative is that her Blinking Rune is merely a child of the Gate Rune, and that her time travelling is governed by something else entirely.

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
[Eightfold and Sovereign] lack images for some bizarre reason.

If I were to guess on the eightfold rune appearance, I'd have to say it would have that weird symbol Yuber made in three when he used that attack. Just a guess.

You're making the common mistake here of confusing the Eightfold and the Eight-devil Runes. They are not, in fact, one in the same at all. Konami has confirmed this. SARS himself has also clarified this in a few places, though unfortunately I don't know where, so I can't help you. If you want to know more, I'd guess the information is on the Official Yuber/Pes-chan thread.

I like the idea that there is a True Rune governing plants, I think, although I wonder if this simply falls under the jurisdiction of the True Rune of Life and Death. Still, I am virtually certain that that Rune, should it exist, is not involved in the Giant Tree of Doom from GS4. It is the current common theory that Rhapsodia will explain that boss, so if you want to know more, go visit the Rhapsodia forum.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I meant the Conqueror Rune, and of course I know about the half gate rune, I just wanted to give examples of powerful in certain things ordinary Runes, I'm not sure about not been confirmed about Vicky NOT having a true rune but the Blinking rune is as we know not a true rune, but it would make sense if there is a true rune that governs over time in general regardless who has it.

But then again something has been bothering me, and that is the Night Rune's transfer of Tir and the gang through time, that could mean that all True Runes have that power so a supreme one dedicated at time might not exist, or that may turn to a plot hole in the future.

Another Rune with specific powers is Jeane's Charm Rune, I'm sure that it works at least on all male not True Rune bearers.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good point, I forgot about the Night Rune doing that. Hrm. One ponders actually if they really went back in time, or if that was really only a vision? Ted, to my knowledge, never mentions recognizing Tir - although even if they actually travelled through time, Ted might not remember a face that far in his past. The question also is, how does the Night Rune know of that event at all? So many questions, so many potential plot holes.

And people wonder why I'm not so fond of the first Suikoden ^_^
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Yuber has a True Rune, why did Luc go out of his way to take True Earth from Sasarai as his second True Rune? I thought he only needed to start with two True Runes to take the rest (the main three), but he already have 2 at the beginning of his journey considering that Yuber had been by his side throughout. Or, maybe Yuber has a love-hate relationship with his own rune that he decided against using it for whatever reason... not cute.

(Of course, the guy would take True Earth eventually to complete the circle. But his explanation about the change of plans did not make sense, if Eighfold Rune existed.)

Plotholes. Yummy.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's a mix that, he had to take it eventually, and he had to have the Rune in -his- possession [by means of the Sindarin method, if not actually having two True Runes borne upon his body]. Yuber would be far more difficult to defeat than Sasarai, being far older than Luc and having had his Rune for far longer.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
As for Viki, I do not believe that Konami has ever said she -doesn't- have a True Rune; it is a persistant theory of some [that I'm beginning to buy] that she has some True Rune governing time itself.

ctually,. the way i see it, the blinking rune do not really teleport, it could make a small gap in time and make the teleportation then ansd that's wahy it seems instantanious.

viki as we all know all always meessing up or sneezing( or drunk) when she teleport. it would be why she make timep jump.

what do you think of thios theory?
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc doesn't have to steal the rune off Yuber though, considering that the guy is an ally of the Destroyers. After all, it wasn't Luc himself who used the True Earth rune when removing True Lightning from Geddoe. Instead Sarah, who didn't even bear the rune, helped him out via some Cyndarin tricks.

Either the Eightfold is locked from being freely used by Yuber, or it was simply removed from the series altogether despite official statement prior to III's release.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot about that Sarah used True Earth. It's been a few years; I'm only at the beginning of chapter 4 in my current playthrough. Hm. I think I smell a plothole; I really can't answer your question satisfactorily.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first to answer the question how many suikodens can be made? well i would think that two or three ones we get a sequel to suikoden 3. Or maybe they will try and continue the story before suikoden 1....which i still find to be useless. suikoden 6 or 7 (assuming that the next one is starting from suikoden 3) will be the last. They could prolong it by exposing all the runes in suikoden 6 or 7 and then have suikoden 7 or 8 be Suikoden principles but on a larger scale like lesser kingdoms/republics fighting the evil Harmonia (overthrowing and corrupt government in place for a new order).

how many true runes have been revealed....True Fire(hugo), True Earth(sasari), True Wind(unknown will probably be in next suikoden), True Lightning(Geddoe), True Water(chris), Life and Death (souleater hero 1), Dragon(that girl), Front and Back Gate (windy and leknaat), Beginning(hero2 and jowy), Punishment(hero4), Eightfold(yuber), Sovereign(missing), Beast(i don't know who has it?), Night( sword), Blue Moon(that vampire lady), and Circle(high priest/harmonia). 16.... i think that's all. what i foresee to be options for the remaining one that controls seasons, controls plants, controls seas (although closely related to water its bearer would be a sailor or possible mermaid), one that controls time (sounds stupid but maybe they'll try something like zelda orcarina of time haha who knows), and that's all i can think of.
but yeah 16 so far i can only wonder what they have in store for the others cause they have all the basics covered: vampires, anti-vampire, life, beginning, elements, order, choas, animals, anti-magic, summoning, dragons.

As for the whole last boss being a incarnation. i doubt it. although it doesn't go with the whole base of all the other games. i have my reasons.

yes i'm probably wrong on most of this but if i am someone please correct me

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism

Last edited by zeal on Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: