Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Forum History
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow its a shame no one new how souleater's forums were run. I joined a suikoden froum and never touched it. I took that name. which was funny, because no one had it. I forget what forum it was.

acctualy, suikonline.net says "its susspeneded".

wow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drummsta

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of you have been to many forums before...erm well here's my history!

Harry Potty I joined this a loooooooong time ago and only joined because I liked this one fanfic someone was writing but I had to join in order to bump it. So my post stats consisted of 11 posts of bumps or something like that.

Anime-forums This forum sucked a ss. I won't elaborate but I hated it so much that I never joined another forum until...

Suikox And I didn't post after I joined, until my wonderful nation leader PM'ed me. Thanks Kal!

P.S. I love your banner kuwaizair! It might be some crazy inside joke...but I still like it!

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recently I've been visiting the forums at VH1.com to check up on the discussion about one particular show. It's the worst kind of reality-TV drivel, but for some reason I can't keep my eyes off it. I'd be too embarrassed to say what show it is. That decision is not based on the show's subject matter, but just because it is so baaaaaaad!

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my forum-history, for those who are interested.

TheNFLForum.com: This was the first forum I actually participated in. I think I used the name Cheeseman88 (which is what I used for some other things too, even though it is a stupid name). When this place was booming, it was a lot of fun, and I was one of the moderators of the Packers' message board. Had to stay on troll-alert for dumb Vikings, Lions, and Bears fans (oh my!) who would come in and start up a lot of flamefests. That was my primary role there as a mod.

It was strange though because I stopped going for a few months (I think during the dead months between May and August) and when I came back the place was demolished. I mean, literally, there had been a poster "revolution", and the administrators were having huge problems keeping the site running. So they ended up closing it down. I checked this place out again a few months ago and the account list had been wiped clean. I had about 1,500 posts there over three years. *shrug* Oh well.

KFFL.com: From there, I moved to a more awesome football web site, KFFL. Of course, like any site devoted to sports, this was also a huge flamefest. I still go there (under Cheeseman88 of course) but I don't get involved in all the back-and-forth any more. I'm much more interested in talking about upcoming games and also the NFL Draft, which is why I haven't posted there in the past few months. I'll start again once Training Camp starts, but I promise I won't forget about this site too.

(I also gotta start planning to build my fantasy football team in the SARS league, so I'll be doing more research as the day approaches. If you're an NFL fan who is interested in joining up, check the Sports sub-forum! We need more people!) [/shameless plug]

GameFaqs: I mostly lurked here, because I wanted to be able to make a comment if I felt so inclined to do so, otherwise I just read everyone else's posts. I actually discovered SARS through GameFaqs, which I'm quite happy about, as this site's IQ is 50 points above GameFaqs (not saying everyone there is dumb, but there are quite a few dolts about as well, as I'm sure you know if you've seen their boards).

ComingSoon.net: This is an awesome movie web site, full of clips, articles, and interviews for upcoming movie releases. I found this site when I was looking for Lord of the Rings news, and I registered there as Turin Turambar (a character in The Silmarillion, the prequel to The Lord of the Rings. I stuck around for all the news and discussions, but after The Return of the King: Extended Edition was released I had no more reason to post there. I still check out the site for the latest news though. I kinda miss all the good people in the LOTR board though....

Suikox: As I said earlier, I found this site at GameFaqs, more specifically in a thread that had over 300 posts where Blue Moon answered a ton of questions. The rest is history.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
torebaa

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am joined at heaps of sites, but I have a few main ones.

neoseeker: A huge forum site, I cam here looking for help on Star Ocean 2 years ago.

suikoX: I was surfing for Suik2 info, found it, and oddly only recently started to post properly.

Castle North Wind: Suik2 RP. I spend a lot of time here, it is a cool RP site.

Sea of Stars: Star Ocean 2 RP. A RP site too, it is pretty new, so its a little slow at the moment, but still fun.

Suikoden RP
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm...forum history...let me think...

Suikosource: for a real long time this was the only forum I went to, I joined back before when the forums underwent "strict mode" and after the "strict mode" was finally over I slowly stopped visiting it...
I think I pretty much left it around the time when SARSadmin left it...although I think I might still have an account there...I just don't remember it exactly..though I remember successfully logging back in there a year ago..or so :?

Suikocastle: I remember being one of the few active members of that forum-though maybe not THAT active...Actually my activity started to increase there when Suikocastle started an IFF(Interactive Fan Fiction) which I happened to be the first to sign-up for. xP It was the first time I took part in that sort of thing and though I don't like to write, alot of people there said I wrote very well -sadly the forums closed down taking the IFF with it. I'm still really sad that it closed.

After Suikocastle closed down I personally...sort of "broke down" mentally because of that fact....[if such a thing is possible] and I joined a few non-popular forums, including one I tried to make with my friend and a few made by some of the fellow IFF writers from Suikocastle that were looking for a new home. None ever got any activity...of course...

Harmonia Online: I followed some of my fellow IFF writers and joined Harmonia Online...it seemed like a good site but at one point the activity dropped very low yet the mods and admins seemed to fail to notice that fact, plus I had trouble with school at that point...so I left...

Suikox: Here I am at these forums :P I actually joined here not too long after I joined Harmonia Online (I think it was still the forum before the whole 'empire system' came into effect). Once the empire system did come into effect I was pretty active but due to the aforementioned "school problems" I had to take a break here...I've finally recently come back and I hope to bring my activity back up x3 these are pretty good forums.

Gaiaonline: Although I'm pretty sure I joined this forum before I joined Harmonia Online I put it last on this short list just because er...I didn't want to mess up the line of Suikoden forums..? ^^;
Though I consider it to be a discussion forum it is more or less more of an anime online community then a discussion forum...It's almost been two years since I've first joined there and it just keeps getting more and more features. To tell you the truth- this forum was most likely the cause of my "school problems" and although I tried to stop going there at the time of the problems...I found that I could not bring myself to quit Gaiaonline -a truly addictive site indeed.

And that's all the forums I think... xp I don't like to join too many forums because then you're bound to become less active in one then another -moreso if you're part of more forums.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameFAQs I still frequent there a bit, under the moniker "magiknight4" (I was 14 then, leave me alone). I'm a member of the (in)famous LUE, though I consider myself a bit above some of their juvenile behavior. Still, it's a nice place to go and blow off some steam in a VERY relaxed environment.

LUElinks the LUE spinoff, same username and reasons for being there. The site is great too, too bad you guys can't go (it's a private board) :(

EvolvedOnline is where I took the name "lunarblade", as a temporary one at first when the site was hacked. It was fun for a while, but the Admin really sucked, and ruined the forums.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First the obvious:

SuikoX - Falcon Critical
OMG who would have thought I post on -this- forum.

Suikosource - Stallion
I still post here and keep my Suiko knowledge up to date. Easier to post here from work since the white background looks more work-related ^_-

Tenjyu's Legend - Nikku
My own board based around my comic in a way. Most posts are just me and my friends talking about day to day life.

Pendako - Nikku
Artists site where you can post images and get no-holds barred feedback. I rarely post my art there now since I've got sorta out of practise :(

Lineage Warcry - Primalasha
My obsession ( the game ) for a year and a half full time. I started off on these boards but they turned out to be too friendly lol

L2Orphus - Primalasha
Again Lineage 2 related, this time more angry people getting in arguments. Also a lot of people that know what they're talking about so I prefer this to the former -^

L2Pets - Primalasha
Prima was my first character in Lineage and hence why I always use that username on forums. This time its a forum dedicated to summoned and trained pets within the game.

various clan boards ( Lineage 2 ) - Hrist / Tyrneshka / Primalasha
Whatever clan I was in, I liked posting all sorts ^_^

WorldSims - ByrnHilde
Got the Sims 2 and obsessed over it for a good while, that included being one of the first few members of the worldsims board. Never managed to take any family beyond a single generation though... o_O

----
Honourable Mentions
----

Souleater.org - McDohl & Karen
Yeh I was obsessed with this pair for a while, mainly becase they're just so cute ^^ Pity that this forum died :(

Suikonline - Falcon Critical
I was running an IFF on this forum and hence became a moderator. It died and hasn't returned :(

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:

LUElinks the LUE spinoff, same username and reasons for being there. The site is great too, too bad you guys can't go (it's a private board) :(

I can. :P

And I have to say your sig is pretty uninspired. Don't get me wrong it's classic LUE, but it's just been way overdone as a sig.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:

Suikosource - Stallion
I still post here and keep my Suiko knowledge up to date. Easier to post here from work since the white background looks more work-related ^_-

Try using the "Office" skin you can switch to in your profile. It exists for the pure purpose of making it office-safe.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Loran Cehack wrote:
Lunarblade wrote:

I can. :P

And I have to say your sig is pretty uninspired. Don't get me wrong it's classic LUE, but it's just been way overdone as a sig.

I can as well, although I despise most LUEsers and abhor the boards. I can't remember the last time I went, though; I don't even remember my password.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AllRPG.com - The first ever forum i registered with back in January 2003. The only other forum that i now vist frequently.

Suikox.com - I came across this site from searching for information on Suikoden in Yahoo / Google and also from Suikosource. This is the forum that i frequent the most.

Suikosource.com - I am registered here too, before i registered on Suikox. Sometimes i check out the forums but not as much as i used too.

cmgsccc.com - Sometimes i check in here when i require some codes. A very good site.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been part of so many Suikoden related forums I can't remember half of them.

My first forum was a Suikoden 1 fanfic RPG that died out a long long time ago. It was a sister forum to a Suikoden 2 RPG that also faced death.

I didn't really take part in the Suikoden community until NLA (New Leaf Academy). That was waaaay back when Suikosource was just starting and we considered them rivals. I was taken in as a forum mod and general staff member. That place was a good memory for me. I was introduced to people that would eventually become long-lasting friends and associates. I also came out of the closet for the first time at the NLA forum, and met Luc of the True Wind (Shem) and he also came out for the first time. The two of us became very close friends for the next few years.

Sararai (who ran NLA) decided to shut it down after a year or so, and then I lurked about for a bit at several boards, mostly Suikosource. I was part of several new forums that didn't go too far, I was mosltly just getting the opportunity to hang out with friends and keep in contact with them. I became a regular at Suikosource, eventually getting the highest post count (as Chucharas Wrath). I decided I needed some time off because of that (and because I was sure the Suikosource mods were annoyed with me), and I laid low for a while. I also became a regular at The Village, which was a Suikoden community started by Kanesinferno that eventually turned into a general community not just for Suikoden. I would hang out at SIS and The Village regularly.

Then SuikoCastle happened. I worked with Clive Van Houten and helped him make the forums as his fellow board admin. The place became pretty darn popular, and was getting quite a few regulars. I'd say it was more popular that SuikoX is right now, but then again, there was more interest in the Suikoden series and Suikoden community back in those days. But CVH was stressed with real-life issues and talking about shutting the place down. At the same time, my access to the Internet became less and less common due to life issues, and when I came back online SuikoCastle had been shut down.

After a year of absence I was a little hesitant about returning to the Suikoden community, but I eventually decided it was a good idea, despite how horrible I thought Suikoden 4 was. Now I only really post here at SuikoX and the occasional post at Suikosource, though that forum seems nearly dead.

If I had my way, forums like SuikoCastle and The Village would be back. I loved those two forums.

I've been part of probably a dozen or more Suikoden message boards. And then there are other forums based on anime, video games, comic books, hentai, yaoi, and other things. I'm not even going to count those.

^Actual quote!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Falcon Critical wrote:

Suikosource - Stallion

Try using the "Office" skin you can switch to in your profile. It exists for the pure purpose of making it office-safe.

LOL - I'm in that skin now, but I have to say it makes this forum rather boring to look at. I <3 how it looks normally so I'm changing it back now. thx for that tho SARS ^_^

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drummsta wrote:

P.S. I love your banner kuwaizair! It might be some crazy inside joke...but I still like it!

the bacon one? I just thought of it, yeh there i some inside joke, but even then the situation is skewed a bit. Thank you though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: