Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Forum History
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Your Forum History Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forums make it easier to communicate with each other about many different types of subjects. It's also a way to express your creativity and interests with your signatures and avatars. Whether this is your first forum or your 10th, forums that provide us with activities and interesting information usually keep us entertained for long hours.

So what's everyone's history regarding their forums? Do you go to other sites unrelated to Suikoden? Do you go by different handles? Are you a moderator there? Webmaster, Administrator? Anything at all. Descriptive details are recommended, since we'd like to know your interests as well.

My first time visiting a forum was the old Suikosource forum. (Before the strict one) That was around high school junior or sophomore year. I remember searching Suikosource regarding how to unlock the Bright Shield Rune's 4th spell. I then explored the site and found the forums and the rest was history. Before then, I had no idea what a "forum" was. Honest truth. From there, it spread out, and soon I was registered in many places. Among the most notable are:

Suikosource's forums - I learned so much about Suikoden thanks to the translations, profiles, knowledge about publications, etc.

Blue Moon's Forums - It provided a casual environment where people could freely discuss Suikoden related issues and many other topics.

Suikosource's strict forum - I didn't post as much here, but then again no one really did either. Still, it was a way to relay information. I think Suikoden 3 information (when it was coming out in Japan) was distributed here.

RPGamer's Forum - This is where I go to catch up with any RPG news. The webmasters are really easy to get a hold of, so I usually find myself tipping these guys off towards suikosource and suikox when new Suikoden information comes out. They've credited this site and suikosource many times.

Smash World Forums - A forum completely dedicated to Smash Brothers. I was in a group that made random videos. It was really fun.

Suikosource's current forum - I don't go on there much, but I go to check to see if new information or Suikoden 4 tips are discovered.

Animesuki's forums - I go to this forum for random discussion on anime and manga. They're really solid, but sometimes, I wish they'd hurry up with their translations.

Aquastar Anime Forums - They're a much smaller site than Animesuki, but they provide the best images. Most of my banners and avatars are traced to this site.

Suikox.com - And here I am, making this thread. I go here most of all. This is the only site where I moderate.

In all these forums, I go by the same name. I like the sense of continuity it brings. And I don't like confusing people either. :D

So what is everyone's past stories regarding forum life?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see if I can remember all of this. From the top...

DBGTN
Yes, indeed, I was a DBZ fanatic at one point and I still can switch off my brain (not that hard :P ) and enjoy a good epsiode of it to this day. DBGTN was the first forum I joined, as Sir Laguna, a short hand version of 'Sir Laguna Slayer of Loneliness' a name I was 'gifted' on Yahoo! Messanger by a girl I once knew. I hung around DBGTN for several months and was made a moderator. However, the flow of AOL-style idiots never stopped and I eventually quit the position after all the other moderators stated that they weren't going to bother enforcing the rules.

DBZSC
During my time on DBGTN, I was invitied to the DBZSC forums by a member there. I agreed, simply because the forum was at a much higher standard than the DBGTN alternative. I posted in earnest and soon became a moderator, yet again, under the same name, 'Sir Laguna'. Since then the site and forum have become simply the Chronicles Forum and I still moderate there to this day.

Suikosource
I posted several times on the old Suikosource forums (which later became the old Suikox forums) as "Morgan of Falena". I didn't really have much to say on anything and by the time I did, my account was gone.

WrestleCrap
I posted semi-frequently on the old WrestleCrap boards as 'Masami von Weizegger' and was building up a pretty good rapport with a lot of people on the board before it moved. Although I moved along with everyone else, for some reason I lost interest on the new board and I no longer post there.

GameFAQs
I mainly lurk around on the GameFAQs board for WWE Wrestling and games I'm interested in as 'The Mighty Garland'. I post very infrequently because, simply, the vast majority of people on GameFAQs are morons and I don't want to talk to them. Harsh, but thems the breaks.

Suikosource
Earlier this year I made my return to the Suikosource forums as 'Vincent of Scarlet Moon' and I fully intended to become a fully functioning regular member. And I did, until the amount of stupid people began to vastly outweigh the intelligent ones especially compared to here, so soon after joining Suikox my posts at Suikosource dried up.

Suikox
Well, I'm here now and it's the forum I most enjoy by a long margain. Despite been here for a relativly short time, I've managed to fit in quite well which was a good encouragment to me at the start. Now I'm here to stay. Get used to it. :wink:

Now I'm wondering who actually recognises me or has even seen me on any of the above forums.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Auctually i ahve not gone to that many forums. I went to my first forum about four and a half months ago. That forum was Suikosource's Current forum.

Suikosource's current forum: I use to be a hard core member here. I had a large amount of posts then at about 200 posts I saw a link in SARSadmin's profile that led here. I now go back periodically becuase I am a Guide Writer there now.

Suikox's Forum: This is the second forum I went to. I even still go here (obviously). It was from the Advertisements Forum that i learned about the third forum I go to.

Suikoden Network's Forum (SuikoForums): I administer this forum and work as the Co-Webmaster of the site. I did pretty much all you see there. They call me the "technical advisor" there, lol. Being there i learned about the fourth and fifth forum i go to.

Harmonia Online's Forum: I dont really post much here. I only have 1 post.

Suikonline's Forum: I also don't post here that much eithier. I think i have like 3 posts here.

As you can see within just four and a half months i have circled around pretty much every English Suikoden Fan Site's Forum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to post on Gamefaqs LUE quite abit under the same name. But when they changed the requirements to view, and post in the site I stoped, and have posted since. I really don't miss it.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I started lurking in Blue Moon's forums and I think Icy Bryan's forums (but that was a long time ago so my memory is a little fuzzy). From there I joined the Castle of Kain as Crowley for a little while before the site ended. After that I drifted around at GameFAQs and Suikosource until I came here. I have been visiting the site and the forums on and off since they were created, but I didn't register until recently (call it shyness I guess). And that brings us to now.

I think I actually might have registered a long time ago but became inactive and forgot about my login name. I very well may be one of the inactive dinosaurs with a hugely low post count, but I can't remember. So sad.

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GSG Clan Forum
A small Philippine-based community of Suikoden & RPG fans. This is the first forum I joined and I'm currently a moderator here and am still enjoying. I've met many people here and this group has made lots of memories both off and online. My forum name here is Luc.

Minitokyo
I joined here for the pretty images. :D I am known here as Calibration008.

Advent Children.net
Being a fan of FFVII, I signed up to keep up-to-date on the developments of the upcoming movie Advent Children. I'm not very active here. I go by the name Luc Valentine here.

Ichiraku Ramen
This forum is filled with Naruto fans. Though I myself have never watched Naruto, I joined because it looked interesting. I stay active in the games and other anime sections within this forum. They call me Croix De Lune in this forum.

Suikox.com
I came upon this place from a blog which I cannot remember. I joined it and am enjoying it very much.

Other forums I can't remember and I'm too lazy to mention the rest of them. :lol:
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameFAQs: I used to visit the Final Fantasy VI board 3-4 times a week, but when topics like "Throw random stuff at the next poster" popped up, I quit.

PlayOnline: Not now, but way back in the day when it was essentially a forum and 2 online strategy guides. Hung around quite a bit there until they shut down.

FFB: It was a Final Fantasy site run by younger people. It changed its look (and location) a few times, but I stayed with it. At least, until I was the only one posting and was totally ignored. Shortly thereafter, it died.

Suikosource: The current one. Didn't go to the forums much to begin with, but even less since I found here. I still go there from time to time, but mostly not for the forum.

Suikox: Saw it in Sars' avatar at suikosource and thought I'd give it a try. I was quite inactive for the first month or so, but that quickly changed.

I have gone by the same name at each place and will probably continue to do so at forums I may join in the future. I have considered going by Sage if the site has nothing to do with gaming, but haven't joined one like that yet.

Rebel of Babylon

1131804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been to numerous forums/chat rooms since I came online in 1998, beginning with GamePro Chat which pretty much ate up most of my internet time. It died roughly six months later due to a hacker attack, but I had fun while it lasted.

I've also been to several Digimon-related message boards, including The City Network and Megchan's Digimon Messageboard, both of which have long since closed. I even ran one of my own when I worked on a Digimon fansite, so that's where I got my first hint of running a messageboard. It started on an ezboard server, before moving to an ikonboard script on my host's CGI server, which I had (more or less) successfully edited to look virtually similar to the ezboard counterpart.

After my site closed down, the messageboard slowly saw a drop in activity before succumbing to a system purge when the host eliminated their free hosting. It was here where I first used the "Elc" handle.

I've also been to a couple Dragon Ball Z-related forums under the "Elc" handles, those being Planet Namek, which has long since shutdown and Dragon Ball UK which vanished mysteriously without a trace.

GameFAQs was my first Suikoden-related message board, where I had to go under "Flame Master Elc" because "Elc" had already been taken, and I frequented the boards, though not posting too often until I found my way here, Now I very rarely go back to GameFAQs.

I originally came across the main Suikox site through a link on Suikosource, but I didn't learn about the forums until I saw a link to them while at GameFAQs. Needless to say, I started as an ordinary member, was elected as Falena's mod and the rest is history.

The only other recent forum I visited was Trekweb, but ever since the end of Enterprise I haven't felt much need to go back. I only made one or two posts, but my handle there was "Suder" after the Voyager character: Lon Suder.

All in all, I've enjoyed my time at Suikox more than any other forum, though GamePro Chat was a lot of fun, especially the impromptu late night chats with some GamePro editors.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AOL ANT FFT forum: My first videogame forum. I do'nt remember it much, because ANT died a long time ago. I visited it regularly in, say, 1998 and 1999, but soon after that is when it died.

Gamefaqs: I was active in the FFT board there for a little while, but more importantly, my first Suikoden forum. Haven't gone there much in a while (but still check up on it occasionally), but it led me to my first other forum....

Castle of Kain: I administrated this, and so was very active in it for a year or so. I was more talkative then, I think I racked up ~3000 posts in that year I was there. That doesn't happen anymore, I don't have as many things to say nowadays.

Suikosource: Well, benig an administrator from 2001 - present, I've spent most of my time in these forums.

RPGFan: Not even sure why I vist it, there usually isn't much good Suikoden discussion going on there. But I don't visit it often (for that reason....and I lost my password and don't have access to the email that I registered with).

SuikoX: Got addicted to this wargame, and a couple months after I joined I was made a nation leader.

I don't have a huge amount of time to devote online like I did four years ago, so I pretty much restrict my forum browsing the two sites that I have responsibilities at.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't really go very many places, but I do go somewhere.

Gametalk This was my first one ever. I still go there. I've seen a couple of this site's members hanging around there. I usually go to the Final Fantasies. I'm mostly in FFIX. I also am like the biggest Suikoden III contributor there. It's dead mostly.

Yeah, I also come here to suikox. You can tell I don't go very many places by my post count here.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually stick with a couple message boards just so I wont become confused. I believe in becoming a useful and productive member that differentiates herself (or at least tries) from everyone else by taking on a more aggressive or at least, funny role (not that everyone else isn't.) I guess that's because I come from...

RolePlayingGameClassics "RPGC"

The second ever message board I ever posted on and I loved how anyone could say what they want, when they wanted, and that most of the older members had been through a long, hellish history with the site including a few malicious deletions, etc. Everyone is pretty cool, and pretty realistic, and I love it. The few girls that post there stand out (obviously)so I chat to a lot of the other members and have made a lot of friendships. I have been in the process of making a Valkyrie Profile shrine for over two years (sheepish look) and when I finally complete that I'll become staff, and move on with another shrine- SUIKODEN 4:O.

City of Angel

I'm a big Angel fan, so my first ever message board experience happened here when I was looking for an episode guide. For the past 4 years I have become forum defender, and then eventually, forum annoyance, and then banned for about 6 months. When I returned, I became moderator. Ah ha. Irony.

Kingdom Zeal

My second forum that I am in the process of cleaning up in hopes to take it off the ground again. I call the shots there, obviously.

Suikox

This seems to be the only Suikoden board I like, or any gamespecific message board because of the creative nation war theme. I love it to death. Plus, the colour scheme doesn't hurt my eyes- I only like dark boards- no light colours for me.

GameFAQS

This is a rare show for me, and I only post maybe once a year for a little bit on the Valkyrie Profile boards.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im struggling to remember all the piss poor forums I've joined in the past, but I'll take a stab at it. I think the first forum of any description that I joined was one that is now known as;

Alternative Nation

Its a UK based forum about all sorts of stuff (film, music, games etc.) that just used to be about people who went to a certain nightclub and the music they listened to. Was known as GANON here.

I joined some Suikoden forum.. I struggle to remember anything about it though I believe it was at souleater.org. I could easily be wrong. And another one called Suiko Castle I think when the first one disappeared or had a wipe or something. I was probably known as Ganon Dun here.. can't be sure. Could have been some reference to Pesmerga or Yuber in my name.

UKFF

I joined the UK Fan Forum, which is a UK based wrestling forum, several years ago after seeing some of my mates on it in my Computing class when I was still in High School. I don't post much there these days though, usually just browse. Used to be 'Garry Bischoff', but made a change to 'GANON' several years later for next to no reason.

Joined a Static-X forum linked from their official site a couple of years ago, but didn't add much to it.

TUGF

This is another UK based forum of little quality. Its full of people who post random crap for the sake of getting their post count up. The most pointless forum I've ever been to, but I've joined several incarnations of it for whatever reason. TUGF has meant a few things.. The Ultimate Generation/Gamer Forum spring to mind foremostly. Usually just 'Ganon Dun' here.

Suikox

Someone directed me to this site when they were searching for Suikoden lore, so I had a little look around and felt that I had to join so as to respond to the 'Pesmerga Sucks Ass' editorial that annoyed me.

Puroresu

The first Japanese professional wrestling forum I frequented under the name 'Ganon Kashin'. Wasn't the most interesting forum I'd ever been on though, so I don't go there very often.

Strong Style Symphony

Another puroresu forum that I joined, but one that I've been quite active on for many months now. Go by the name 'ganondun' there.

Death Valley Driver

Another wrestling forum I joined to upload and download media from their members only media forum.

Extreme Warfare Battleground IV

Is another wrestling based forum I joined that is more to do with the wrestling management sim games EWR & TEW.

Thats about the long and short of it.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."

Last edited by Agahnim on Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been to other online message boards but I'm rarely active (if ever). I'm more of a lurker-leecher extraordinaire, if you must. Hey, that's what internet is for. If one cannot give much for there are ones who are willing to give more, then taking is the only thing that one could do. Not too hot with post counts, either.

I'm on here and a handful of sections on GameFAQs, usually there to find recommendations on new games. I don't really find much time to try it all for myself, so I only get the ones with plenty of good reviews.

I also visit AnimeSuki on a semi-regular basis for anime/manga related updates/commentary, but I'm no member there.
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to post regularly over at GameFAQs and GameSpot's message boards. I never will again, like the previous poster here said, the majority of them are complete and utter morons. If they're not morons, then they're elitist jerks.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

once i went to a crypozooliogy forum for a while. lost it.

vgmusic forums-not much anymore, ask for midis

I was on a suikosource forum, when it was "fun'. I was an idiot there. I don't go much to the new one.

Undercaves. an ecco site, its gone, lots of strife and war. which brings to Arkonviox.com. great, its gone now, which brings to caverns of hope, was dumb, was inactive, was good, now its gone. 3 ecco communities are left, I have accounts with their forums.

final fantasy advance...don't go there anymore

i had an account at an abandomware forum, but somthing happend there...i think its gone.

i had an account at a zelda classic forum, but I lost intrest in quest making.

Devient art. its a new hell.

suikoden-network's forum. I'm a mod! and like... Harmonia's leader or somthing :P

Suikoline's form. its kinda slow there. but I was a member before

harmonia on line...banned

the gryphon guild, banned forever because now adays bush bashing, christain bashing and rape jokes are welcome and some questionable actitives, the put people in power who don't deserve it and treat you good if you are popular. this was my first forum i went to, when it was on ITW. hahahha good for them, their empire fell. just when they shuffle mods and admins. blamo! EZ gets hacked.

the offcial jack forum. its a forum for David Hopkin's webcomic. its full of furries.

I may of had accoutns in lots of places I never really "bonded with" but I feel horrble and think people miss me. I had an OC remix account only to request stuff.

but yeh some are right. i'm wasting my life and killing myself by staying here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: