Suikoden Utopian and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kingdoms, Queendoms and Factions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Kingdoms, Queendoms and Factions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Throughout the entire series there has been a slew of different organizations and countries. Which are your favorites? Why?

Of the ones in the first 3 games I like The Knightdom of Matilda, Zexen Federation and of course the Kamaro Free Knights. The Maximillian Knights were a great group as well.

Knightdom of Matilda - Although led by one of the biggest morons in the Suiko world, I feel that the military prowess of the Matilda Knights is matched only by Zexen and Harmonia. Their semi-neutral position allows them to choose their sides without having to pledge full loyalty to any one. And home to Miklitov and Camus, two of the more useful characters in Suiko II.

Zexen proves why they are great in Suiko III. They have the Zexen Knights led by Chris Lightfellow. They have a high regard to chivalry, which I admire. Also Leo, Borus, Percival and Roland are very useful on the battefield. Although some of them are not native to Zexen (Roland for one is from the Dunan reigon) they have very loyal soldiers and a military force virtually unrivaled in any medieval set RPG.

There is not much information about the Kamaro Free Knights as they were introduced in Suiko III by Hua and Hallec. Hallec not being from Kamaro, allied himself with Hua, who shows a very chivalrous demeanor. I'm eager to see if they plan on doing more with the Kamaro Free Knights in upcoming Suiko games.

I'm not a fan of Harmonia because of the biased view we get in Both II and III. However I'm open to change my view because I'm eager to learn more of Hikusaak and his ways. I'd like to see what Crystal Valley looks like, and as demonstrated in both II and III they weild great military strength. if they have the power to make powerful magicians like Luc and Sasarai (I hated Sasarai in II, but loved him in III. Whereas Luc I loved in I and II, but still loved in III. Shame...)

Also I'd LOVE to see the rise of the Scarlet Moon Empire in the next Suiko game.

What groups/countries/knightdoms do you you like the most?

Also, as a side thing, if you have any of the reigon's flags/crests or symbols please post them. I can't remember what they all look like. I know what Kamaro's looks like but I don't have a face front of it. Anyone have it?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Call me cliched, but I like the Dragon Knights. Granted, dragons are just awesome regardless, but the strentgh of the bond between dragon and rider really gives you pause. Dragons seem to be less intelligent than they are in other fantasy settings (not to mention faster-growing), but the power oif this group is immeasurable. In terms of gameplay, using them gives you a 2/3 chance to reduce your enemy soldier count by 25%! That's an awesome first-turn move. And in terms of the Suiko world, they retain complete independence from any major nation. They are allied with Scarlet Moon/Toran, but they are not a part of that nation. They are completely autonomous, which in an imperialistic and expansionist world like the Suikoverse, is a pretty good reflection on them.

They also have an inherent wisdom that I respect. Their leaders realize the importance of being a True Rune Bearer and rarely put themselves in harm's way, as opposed to may other True Rune Bearers who use their powers constantly. Also, if you notice, Harmonia has never (in my understanding of the Suiko timeline) made an attempt to claim the Dragon Rune. I'm sure geogrpahy plays a part in that, but even when the Toran region was under Harmonian control, we never heard of them trying for the Rune.

Dragon Knights rock!

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragon Knights are cool, but my favorites are still the Zexen Knights.

I mean, I think it's rather obvious to all, as to why I love the Zexen Knights, and it basically all comes down to one darn Sexay female knight, who also happens to be their captain and commander. That's right, Lady Chris Lightfellow. By far my favorite Suiko-character, with a heart as pure as gold.

Did I mention she's Sexay? 'Cause she is. :D

lol ANYHOO, yeah, they're my favorite basically because of her. However, I don't see how someone would think that they're a military superpower... Well, at least at this point. They seem to be on fairly equal terms with the Grasslands and Tinto, who are vastly overpowered by Harmonia... And I would venture to guess that any of the three nations alone would be easily overpowered by Dunan or Toran...

This isn't to mention Falena, either, but they MAY have a pretty weak military, for all we know.

Oh yeah, and I'd love to learn a little more on the Free Knights, and Falenians. With any luck, many of our questions will be answered soon with a new Suiko-game.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
LouisDude98

Great Morland

27536 Potch
15 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Harmonia's the best, DUH! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay okay people, Zexen may be semi impressive and so may the knightdom of Matilda but they are the only nations that even BEGIN to compare with the Greatest Country in the Suikoden world, THE HOLY KINGDOM OF HARMONIA. I mean these people obviously have it going on. There is no way they wouldn't have the most powerful militray in the world or the most land out of any other nation if they weren't as great as I am saying they are. They strive to be the best which explains the cast system and they take what they want, mainly lives, territory and true runes.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Zexen is given a little too much credit in these posts. Zexen wasn't THAT strong you must realize. Harmonia's armies dwarf Zexen's. Zexen needed the help of the Grasslands. They couldn't do it by themselves.

As for my favorite, I'd have to go with the Karaya Clan. I loved their African-type feel. They seem honorable, brave, and fearless. Aila was so fearless, she was going to try to fight Yuber and Sarah by herself. That takes guts. They seem pretty peaceful.

I also like the Duck Clan. They are pretty peaceful and are also good fighters if fighting needs to happen. They have cool outfits, and their chief has very impresseive tail feathers. They also help out other people a lot. And lastly, they sell Haziness Runes!
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Matilda Knights and the Tinto Miners has to be two of my favorite groups. The Tinto Miners Club seems to be a well standing group and looks to be very hard to beat, mainly because of the mountians surrounding it. Not I'm not just saying that because of my nation on here is Tinto you know. :lol:

The Matilda Knights looked cool and all, even if Groudo was kind of a jerk on the game. Miklotov and Camus was, in my oppion the backbone of the Knightdom. I think they would've been better as leaders of Matilda than Groudo was.

I haven't played Suikoden 3 yet, but I've got the Suikoden 3 Manga. And from there the Xexan Knights looked really cool. Borus has to be one of my favorite characters, mainly because of his atitude maybe.

The Dragon Knights are cool too. But I think I've probly gotten off topic enough. :lol:

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I haven't played Suikoden 3 yet, but I've got the Suikoden 3 Manga. And from there the Xexan Knights looked really cool. Borus has to be one of my favorite characters, mainly because of his atitude maybe.

O wait and see how ole' Borus turns out in Suikoden 3. The Younglings!!!!(Sorry a little star wars humor there)

I liked the knightdoms but I'm sadly still waiting to play Suikoden and Suikoden II. I thought the Gaien Knights weren't to bad(Knights of Razril perhaps is what they were called, o well). The Zexen knights were cool, too, but Chris wasn't my favorite hero from that game. My true favorite may just be the Mantor Corps. I think that the bug-riders are way more intimidating and have a leg up on dragnos. How strong do you think those exo-skeletons are if the ratio stays the same as if it were a small beatle(size ratio)? They would be real think and good for defense(I prefer a god defense to a good offense, strange for anyone who actually knows me). From what I hear and research the Dragon Knights were pretty cool too but I think the Mantors may just be able to take them, if properly trained.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cant really say that I have a favorite group but if I absolutely had to choose one group out of all the games I would say Zexen. Not because of any specific member of the group, just that overall they seemed the cooler of all groups thus far. The Gaien Knights were alright as well but they just didnt catch my interest as much as the Zexen knights did. Call it my interest in the medievil style armour they wore and my interest in history of the time and such.

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hoping to learn more about the Kamaro Free Knights, not just b/c I'm an Outlander here, but because Mua and Hallec can go out of their way to travel to the Grasslands to investigate. I'm pretty sure Camus and Boris (S2) went there to train, and both of them are very chivalrous, as is Mua.

Of the verified groups, I'm not really partial to anyone. Even if the Zexen Knights are good, they're still being pantsed around by the Council. At least the Zexen Knights had the gall to perform a coup d'etat, but the Matilda Knights almost did the same thing to Gorudo by defecting from him. The Generals in the Scarlet Moon Empire, except for Teo, Ain Gaide and Sonya (to a degree) defected easily thanks to Windy or other circumstances. The Highland Generals were too busy taking sides with Agares, Luca or Jowy.

So... uh... I'm not really interested in any of the groups besides from Kamaro... and maybe the Maxmilian Knights for the same reason.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a pretty big Harmonia fan, allegiance on the site aside. I love the epicness of Crystal Valley (even though we've only been so much as teased so far), and their social structure and sophistication (look at Sasarai for example) makes them really appealing to me. I'm aware they have their 'flaws' with the castes and the mistreating of low-class citizens, but you know =P It's still an impressive place I look forward to seeing in future Suikoden games. (logically, it would HAVE to be seen in at least one Suikoden game, as its so central to the plot).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that no nation or kingdom or anthing can stand up to the might of THE HOLY KINGDOM OF HARMONIA!!!It is the strongest and coolest nation in harmonia in my view but they are by far the strongest with an amazing army and they have lots of true runes at thier disposal they rock!

P.Si also like the dragon knights but i dont have much to say about that subject.

Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best is of course is my new mother country Holy Kingdom of Harmonia and I'm loyal servant of my homeland. ;)
Althought we don't know much about Queendom of Falena I think it could be very interesting as well. From screens and leaks of information it is possible to say that it would be some mix of feudal-japanese/roman/egyptian culture (i may be wrong but i have such feelings) and I think it has huge potential to fit very well in suikoden world.

Yedzu's Will

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
141559 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite society of Suikoden always has been and always will be The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. This nation holds standing beyond comparison. Apart from military strength, they hold a variety of other things that advance a society. A strict caste system is in place, this system has been well known to the most successful empires of Earth, the fact that everyone is in line and subservient has to play a major role to the progress of this society. The average level of education among Harmonia is obviously and vastly superior to the rest of the Suikoden world, why else would so many come to Harmonia to study and to train? Even without all this though, us Harmonians would still have the advantage on all of you barbarians due to a few other factors, such as the fact that we're just plain cooler than all of you. Between the temple faction, the Howling Voice guild, and Sasarai himself, I'd be hard pressed to find a nation in any sort of fiction that ranks anywhere near the Holy Kingdom. LONG LIVE HARMONIA! LONG LIVE LORD HIKUSAAK! LONG LIVE LORD NUTFLUSH!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you know me, and my political views, you'll see why I do love Harmonia in Sukoden. I really want to learn more of their formation and story.

After reading a lot of stuff on Suiko 5 it has got me interested in Falena. From what i've heard it taked place before IV, which means we won't get answers to Killey, Lorelai and Georg's stories. Which is a shame. But i'm curious to see what Falena is all about.

I agree with Wataru. I forgot about the Dragons in my initial post. They are truly a magnificent group. Up there with Matilda and Kamaro.

Someone mentioned Harmonia's overpowering of Zexen and Grassland. Look at the size of Zexen. Its less than half thge size of Grasslands. And yet their power is rivaled to Grasslands. Harmonia won their battles, not by skill or ability, but by sheer numbers. Harmonia is like Russia during WWII. They have a HUGE army and took more casualties than anyone, but did they lose? Nope. Sheer numbers. Harmonia is the same. I'm to assume that Harmonia is a relatively large place and has a lot of people living within it. Compared to the size of Zexen I'd say Zexen is pretty fierce for their size.

Also take into consideration that the Harmonians used Sarah and her magic to overpower the Zexen and Grassies. They had to cheat to take on the powers of Zexen and tribes of Grasslands. I wouldn't say that Harmonia is one of the strongest, I'd say they are the most militaristic. And using strategy (I think the Silverburgs came from Harmonian schools) they overpower their foes.

Not to discredit them in that department. Harmonia IS a decent power, but its not with skill. And that is what I like in a group. Matilda, Zexen, Kamaro, Dragon's Den... they all fight straight forward and they all have a code of honour, and that is what I favour.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Moon Empire
A dictatorial monarchy eventaully brought down due to an Emperor being seduced by his evil court magician, shortly after two bloody civil wars. A prime example of the failing of a dictatorial monarchy; eventually that royal bloodline is going to hit some snags.

Toran Republic
Better. It's a republic, run by honorable people, but I don't know enough about their governmental infrastructure to render judgment on it.

City-States of Jowston
A pretty nice governmental system, but Muse wasn't able to keep unity. Furthermore, they never had the military prowess to survive, being surrounded by Toran, Highland, and Harmonia.

Highland Kingdom
A dictatorial monarchy brought down by a sadistic, bloodthirsty, and corrupt king. I'd put this one in the same group as the Scarlet Moon Empire.

Dunan Republic
See Toran Republic. But it's run by Teresa Wisemail, a wise and competent leader.

Tinto Republic
I don't like them. They separated from Dunan because Teresa was the leader of the new republic. Bunch of no-good sexists... Plus, they keep warring with my precious Grasslands. :x

Grasslands
Well, being a Grasslander, this is naturally one of my favorite nations. The people are nice, and they appear to be very open-minded. Basically, Suikoden's perfect place.

Zexen Confederacy
A mixed bag. The knights seem honorable, but those bureaucrats in Vinay del Zexay are a bunch of racist pigs. :evil: Hopefullly, Salome's coup will improve the governmental policies.

Harmonia
Rigid caste system, racial persecution, theocratic rule, and the military might to enforce it. The worst place in the Suikoden world.

So, my favorite "nation" is Grasslands, due to their simple and meaningful way of life, and the diversity of their people. However, I also like all the little factions, Warrior's Village, Maximillian Knights, Kamaro, etc. They just ooze awesomeness. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: